Grassy smell....

hedigoodness

i know this has been covered before, but for the record and to settle a dispute of sorts. When cannabis smells grassy it is not fully cured and that is the smell of fresh marijuana and chlorophylls breaking down. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Stay Green. Holla!

Dispute settled. You are correct sir! :Rasta:

The "hay" like smell is indeed the chlorophyll breaking down. If the dry is done too rapidly and/or the cure too soon the chlorophyll will be preserved rather then breaking down slowly as the process is intended to obtain a smooth taste. This will lead to the chlorophyll becoming preserved, the taste and smell will be permanent. :peace:

okay, but will it still get you high? cuz i just lost 3 plants (just with leaves) and i hung em up for like a week and then put em into curing, i know it sounds ridiculous but i am trying to cure leaves. i kept em in the dark but not really opened the jar everyday. this "hay" smell is not bad is it? cuz i was just planning on putting em on a plate and letting em dry out.

Smoking leaves will not get you high anyway. Waste of time.

yeah, well idk, i just don't really see the point in wasting stuff, you know you can make a sort of tea from the stems or just the weed itself. i'd rather do the weed itself, but i have tryed the just stems tea. you just put em in a tea strainer, and into the hot water. then you can add a little honey and it will be good. jeez, this should probably go into the weed recipes section haha, sorry just high right know. my joints feel better.

Let me be specific. You said...
...cuz i just lost 3 plants (just with leaves)...

This seemed to make the implication that these casualty plants were either premature, never flowered, or were male. In all cases THC levels would be so low that it wouldn't get you high. The fan leaves contain very little THC, all you are inhaling is carbon which is giving the sensation of smoking but is not getting you "high".

The only leaves worth smoking are the small leaves covered in trichomes close to the buds on the female cannabis plant. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom