No Smell To My Weed? Please Help And Read Previous Posts...

sitting right ontop of the weed???? won't the weed get wet?? is that the problem?

Or you can wet a portion of a paper towel, squeeze out the water so that its damp not wet , and yes put it right in there with the buds, this work really well, esp after a day, the bud is rehydrated.Works for me.

there is a recent thread about rehydrating/flavoring your weed. it covered lots of stuff but i can't remember the name of the thread. maybe someone else can. easy way to do it is with a bit of bread in the baggie or container. few hours will do ya. don't moisten more than your gonna smoke in a few days or ya gotta worry about mold. find that thread if you really wanna know more

One thing I have found out over the years. Plants are a living thing, surprise I know. Anyways you can't just follow guidelines. Yes they are helpful but just a guide. You need to have a feel for them, something anyone can develop it just takes time. Get your green thumb going again and you'll get it down!! Don't give up!!!

Cheers

im trying to decide weather i did the same thing and harvested too early i have no smell but in jars it has a planty smell and a strong aroma i got some skunk from a friend and his was done very nice and had that light strong aroma too so i think my issue is im not letting the gasses build up long enough in the jars cause i open then like 20 times a day

i did some how cure mint into a small nugg not noticed when smoked but smelled nic ein the bag lol

cause they dont smell like skunk in the jars and its day 8 but they get a gassy aroma skunk smell going on a lil bit but i open the jars and kinda kill it off

i was afraid it was the mold amonia aroma but i dont think it is i think im screwing myself out of a decent cure because im not letting the gasses build up enough ????????????

One thing I have found out over the years. Plants are a living thing, surprise I know. Anyways you can't just follow guidelines. Yes they are helpful but just a guide. You need to have a feel for them, something anyone can develop it just takes time. Get your green thumb going again and you'll get it down!! Don't give up!!!

Cheers
This is very true. trial and error is gonna happen. for me i learn by doing. dont give up. this same thing happened to a Jack the Ripper i knew of. Fat buds. loottttsss of crystals. just all around looked delicious. harvested and cured improperly and it ruined it. it smoked just fine but it smelled like cucumbers lol. a disappointment considering more than a QP came from it..

I have heard of plants grown in a room with ion machs being almost oderless when harvested the high was still there but.. That's why you put mach or machs outside the grow room where air is exchanged..That wasn't a pickle jar was it? Oderless stash can be a good thing.. Happy Trails

I had the same problem a few years ago got gr8 looks big buds no stank :( a friend of mine told me it was probably a lighting, humidity, or temp issue so i considered it as a fail and havent tried since and the seed was outa bud of some nice dank the only 1 in the bag

My first grow was two G13 variants, G13Xhaze and Connie Chung (G13Xla confidential). It really just did not have that pot smell I love. It really did not effect the high at all though. Everyone (including me) that smoked it was knocked on their ass. I am happy with the result, I do wish it had a smell though.

On my 2nd grow now (pineapple express). The plant is dwarfed, think it may be due to heat issues because my A/C was broken for a couple months and it would go up to between 100-110 in my tent (and I think it stopped growing right after I topped it, so not sure what caused it). The buds are looking nice and fat, but it just is not growing. I did have a faint smell a few weeks back but I'm not really smelling anything anymore. *shrug*

We'll see how it turns out though :)

yea put the mach out side the door where air is exchanged

I have had the same problem a few times. And it was always at the hottests times of I have buds that are kind of airy and no smell. I've had them grow solid and no smell too. But it all came down to paying attention to the plants. Yes they are living things and the react to different kinds of abnormality. Most times when plants are not happy they tend to go through a nutrient lockout. They will continue to feed from the wattering but they will not absorb the nutients. They will grow airy, no weight or solidness. Sometimes if you catch it in time you can correct it by stopping the nutrients for a few feeds or until you see it coming back to normal, And contine with nut's BUT!! You have to remember to add how ever many days/weeks it took to come around at the end so you dont havest to early. I dont know if everyone else does, what i do and it might sound crazy but i talk to my plants, just small talk "hi girls, how are you, its feeding time" i dont care if i sound stupid but i believe they respond to positive interaction. But everyone is different... but here is a piece from a blog that talks about the importance of climate control. It might help also. Also get a high power magifing glass so you can keep an eye on the crystals. Timing the right time to harvest aslo includes checking the crystals to have completely formed and the right color. Ususally a light amberish color is perfect... anyways good luck, hope this helped

If the buds have already grown fluffy and airy it is too late to fix them now. Usually airiness is a sign of too much heat. To grow dense buds the temperature should be kept below 80°F (26.7°C), and is best kept between 70-75°F (X21.2-23.9°C). When the temperature goes above 80°F, buds grow lanky and airy. One spike in temperature usually won't create a detectable difference, however the lankiness will become more pronounced the hotter it is and the longer it lasts. Think of this in terms of days rather than a few hours. In the future, reduce the temperature the plants experience. Indoors, this can be done by using air-cooled or water-cooled lights, improving ventilation or adding air conditioning.

I haven't kept up but did you use fox farm. It's has beneficial bugs to help it, but for the most part I find that its bugs. The bugs that damage your plants are about the size of tip of pencil. There white little bugs that are real little called thrips, It sounds like you have bugs that way to small for you to tell without a loupe. Check the bottom of those leaves . If it wasn't bugs then. Did you use a 1 gal or half gal then transfer to a 3 gal then to a five most just transplant once to a 3 if it big then switch to a five. Sometime you get bad seeds. Try this strain. I have no problems with it Sour Kosher or if he needs cbd in it get 2 cannatonic and 2 from medical seeds of Jack La Mota. If you dont have to have cbd. Tangie It smells no matter how bad i mess with it and had luck with sour kosher kush or kosher kush, Indica's big buddha cheese has strong smell which you need and 22 percent thc also Northern Lights, LSD, Critical Kush, TRainwreck. You might also want too try autos usually they finish so quit, you might have less problems.Clean the area bleach it. I would get a pesticide guy to spray, or get some azamax and neem oil. These 2 will kill i say top 5 bugs spidermites,aphids,fungus gnats,thrips,white flies,ant can eat holes in leaf. Try to use as little water as you can so feed them and 1 gal about 1/4cups to start with in a small Cup. Start small then it willl start drinking more. then you got roots going clean. Sometimes if you put fan on top i see it pushes the water out or around more. IF your in the middle flush add a little hydrogen proxide kills all bugs then make new roots. Or have good one plants like to get thristy mean weight nothing then add water. Once you get the hang and know that its doing that I would follow the schedule as if it where just starting. When they drink water like a baby thats how treat its. The fans leafs arent that great. Try topping them in veg and tuck leaves under the others pinch the top of it does this shape going up Y then move you bushy plants th the gared[ Any help i would say bugs and over water. There schedules seems a little odd
I.

Many reasons why buds wont have pungency after being dried. The drying was done too fast and/or too much air being blown on them while drying. If their dried in a room with too much negative atmosphere. The phenotype didn't have much of a terpene profile to begin with and to preserve the little bit of noticeable pungency it had you would have to dry in a completely sealed enclosure (with no exhaust whatsoever) to retain whatever smell it had when you harvested.
Also, don't believe the stem snap rule. Buds dry much faster than stems, especially when a fan is blowing over them. While the ladies are hung out to dry they are also losing terpenes as well as water. Plenty of smell is lost regardless when you don't dry in sealed room conditions. Your stuff might just not have much pungency to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom