Von Kroppelberg

Pleasant good day to one and all,

I'm growing in the caribbean so its hot and humid 28 degrees and 80 RH in day, this is my 5th grow and i simply cannot get the good smell or even acceptable smell. In my last grow i even ran AC throughout the entire cycle and grew at 24 C RH 65 , dried at 20 C RH 55-65 for 10 days and jarred when the stem snapped and didnt bend or leave thread.

Almost a month of cure now , i only have grass smelling buds. I dont know. Ive flushed for 2 weeks, ive left them in dark for 48hrs, ive been careful not to jar them too early as well as . TBH i cant help but think that there must be some trade secret, some special technique -_- or some minor omission in the numerous dyring and curing guidelines ive read that makes all the difference.

I'm talking ive grown ak48, peyote forum, amnesia og, og kush, gelato og, critical xl 2.0, lemon skunk, black domina , all smelly and nice at end of flowering but chop and dry and thats it folks ! no more smell . The despair is tremendous lolll

Im currently on my last grow at mid flower (2 critical xl 2.0 and a black domina). If i get no smell this rounds then...i give up -_-

A plea to all masters of the art! Apart from purchasing a dehumidifier which is expensive as hell here is there anything i can do?

Kind regards,
VK

Slow your initial drying process; the hanging. I have found that my buds take on the grassy smell when my initial hanging is cut short due to a heat wave and they dry too quick during initial hanging...waiting for the first stem snap.

Slow your initial drying process; the hanging. I have found that my buds take on the grassy smell when my initial hanging is cut short due to a heat wave and they dry too quick during initial hanging...waiting for the first stem snap.
Thanks for the reply!

I'll try under 20 degrees this dry and see 9f that prolongs it

Do you think jarring earlier will help? As in maybe the difference in environments is such that by the time the small stem snaps it's already overdried? Someone told me that the problems happen when it's jarred too early and the moisture causes it to lose all smell but idk if that makes sense

I found that I tend to over dry waiting for the stems to snap.
I now jar them a little bit wet. If the Rh goes over 70%, I take them out for an overnight in a paper bag, than jar them again and monitor them. Burp twice a day or more if you have time.
I overdried my first harvest and I did not have much of a smell.
I pretty much do things the same as you do. But even a 4 week cure doesn't fully bring out the smell & taste on some strains. I found 8 weeks works every time. I can open a jar after 8 weeks & smell it across the room. I keep a 62% Humidity Pack in each jar.

I pretty much do things the same as you do. But even a 4 week cure doesn't fully bring out the smell & taste on some strains. I found 8 weeks works every time. I can open a jar after 8 weeks & smell it across the room. I keep a 62% Humidity Pack in each jar.
Yes, I agree. After 8 weeks you can smell it across the room. I had the crispy crunchy stuff once. Learned my lesson.

There is also the timing factor. Sometimes life gets in the way and there is no time to trim and jar. The buds wait for no one. I find that its easier to just burp a jar instead of rushing to get the buds trimmed and jarred because they are over drying.

Yes, I agree. After 8 weeks you can smell it across the room. I had the crispy crunchy stuff once. Learned my lesson.

There is also the timing factor. Sometimes life gets in the way and there is no time to trim and jar. The buds wait for no one. I find that its easier to just burp a jar instead of rushing to get the buds trimmed and jarred because they are over drying.
I usually trim up my plants like this before I ever chop them down. That way I can do it over a weeks time if I want to.
Long as the Trichs aren't too Amber it works fine.
1.JPG
3.JPG

I now jar them a little bit wet. If the Rh goes over 70%, I take them out for an overnight in a paper bag, than jar them again and monitor them. Burp twice a day or more if you have time.
I overdried my first harvest and I did not have much of a smelling thi
I overdried my first harvest and I did not have much of a smell.

I think I'll try this and jar them sooner than later. Waiting for that snap doesn't work in my climate I surmise! Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know if it's a success in a month's time

Back
Top Bottom