Gravity, Purple Maxx, and Bushmaster

The Real Issue

The issue was never if these products work or not. The point racefan was trying to make is that there are harmful chemicals in these wonderful products. He was just enlightening members as to the ingredients because somehow some of the ingredients are said to have been erroneously left off of the label. These products sell because they work, but at what cost? Smoking chemically grown cannabis is thought by some to have similar effect as smoking tobacco. Just tryna bring a little clarity.

I have yet to be dissapointed with mother nature. If I want harder buds I grow an indica, if I want a bushier plant I LST, super crop or the like and if I want purple bud I go find some schmuck that buys into the "purple is good" hype and smoke some of his! Thanks for the info racefan good stuff!

Race, good info thanks! LOL@Smokeyjoe- dont sweet talk us bro, tell it like it is! LOL

Here's my 2 cents. Around here, the Gravity and Molasses mixed together is a fairly popular concoction. Primarily the mix "sets" the buds & tightens them up. Personally I think some of the local fellas have too much time on their hands. The old-timers just cut the main bud when it's ready and then leave the rest of the plant for several more weeks. It sets the buds incredibly via mother nature without the mad scientist approach. IMO, the more stuff you mess with, the better the chances get youre eventually goin to screw something up.LOL

Regarding the Bushmaster deal, whether it's true or not, it reminds of our brethern moonshiners back in the day. Some took the time and made a quality product while others ran the mix thru the farm tractor radiator and killed a mess of folks. I guess business is still business. LOL It would appear the more things change, the more they stay the same...peace n good luck MF

Note: Let us not be so naive as to think the nutes/additives manufacturers have our collective backs. It's a bazillion dollar industry and growing larger every day and it seems everyone wants a piece of the cash cow. Some of it works, some of it doesnt do dukey but nevertheless, it is all ridiculously expensive. Try to find somethin under $20.00 at your neighborhood grow store. Maybe a spray bottle? IMO, the ironic part is that everything we purchase in terms of nutes/additives has just as good of a chance of killin your plants as it does doin them any good...MF

I haven't used bush master or purple max. but I have used gravity. In a side by side grow, the gravity plant was stunted (shorter and smaller buds), but gave almost the same dry weight as the non gravity plant with bigger buds. A freind said of the gravity buds, that he could load them up in a sling shot and do some damage... rock hard buds.... so dense. It does do what it says.

I however don't use it. I feel I get a slightly better yeild without it. It is unpredicatable in how it plays with your ph. When I called the manufactuer to speak about this the said they has heard it before, but were unsure of what was happening. they said and I am quoting, "this stuf comes from peoples personal recipes, and they don't understand how it is working. They can mix up a batch and put it identicle bottles, and half the bottles will turn to sludge over night (not the plastic just the stuff inside them). They don't know why the guys best guess was a reaction with carbon.

Also it took longer to flush it out of my plant. After a week of straight r/o water gravity plants still carmelized and sparked when burned. Those without gravity did not.

theres some reference to it in my grow journal that I haven't been keeping.

To harden my buds... I add B1 (Transplant shock/super thrive), carbs, and bring the ph up. B1 energy, carbs equal stored energy (mass) higher ph = higher P/K uptake.

Not as hard as the gravity, but I thought that those were to hard anyway, and I don't have the flush issues.

I personally don't like the real hard buds. It doesn't smoke very well. Hard to get a good pull whether in a blunt or in a pipe.

i do not doubt that some of these products induce some sort of effect. as Racefan stated "I dont want a 3rd nipple" my plants grow just fine w/o that trio of additives

i do not doubt that some of these products induce some sort of effect. as Racefan stated "I dont want a 3rd nipple" my plants grow just fine w/o that trio of additives

Yes, they do! I don't think anyone's gonna argue that.

I think Bushmaster, if safe, would be something really useful for people with limited space, like small cab grows.

It's been out for quite a while and no third nipples yet, although sometimes it takes longer for negative side effects to show up.

I certainly wouldn't assume that it's safe because the dosage is small. There plenty of toxic stuff that will harm or kill you with tiny doses.

It's on my arm-long list of things to do more research on.

Hi everyone, first time here.
I have to throw in my 2cents.
I have a strain that grows to 3.5 feet.
I am growing in Ebb and Grow.
18, 3.5 gal, double bucket system.
2 x 600 watt MH/HPS
Gh nutes
33 gal resv.
I veged my plants to 14 inchs and then switches to 12/12
After 10 days flower plants were 25 inchs.
On day 11, I introduced 30 ml of bush master into the resv.
The plants froze in there tracks and only streched a little when the buds came in.
Total height ended at 27 inchs.
This strain has a 9 week flower.
My grow came in at 8 weeks,
I harvested the tops as the trics were all cloudy with few amber ones.
I had to leave the lower buds 3 more days to harvest.
Looks like I saved a week.
The yield was the same as prior yealds just did not have all the yellow burned leaves (To close to lights)
Saved a week and smaller plants.
Want to try Gravity and Purple maxx next.
PS: 800 dry grams of sticky wonderful smoke.
Enough to keep me and the wife for a long time
Hope this may help someone

My 2 cents, I have used all three and still use them. I 've made mistakes on these stuff when I first use it, BURNS. I perfer foiler over root, only because if I overdose the plant it still has chance to recover,overdose of this stuff will almost a guarantee death. 1ml to a gal for foiler, If used in root feeding I always start with 1ml to gal, no nutrients added,plain water is the safest, not both- one or the other(foiler or root feed). Yes you must raise your light. These products do work very well,if only used in very small quanities.
Just to through it out there,, "ULTRA SNOW" what is it. I have been told Ultra Snow is "PURPLE MAXX" but without the "PURPLE" color enhancer,ulra snow is a potassuim supplement. Plants turn color only its part of thier "gene" makeup, along with cooler weather, P.M. will not turn your plant to purple if it s not in the plant.
Dont give up on this stuff,just have to learn to work with it in very small amounts, it worth it.

Peace; May your ventures bring you success.
CCH

Allright,

So I am about to use bushmaster next week before I flip to flower...There is no documented proof that this is a hormone being used for this product. I have consulted many growers on this subject, there are no known issues, complaints with the BBB, or anything of the sort by users of products that have had BUSHMASTER...PURPLE MAXX...or Gravity...

What I have heard is that a bunch of amateur growers have burned the shit out of their plants.

I am always looking for a product that will increase yield, decrease flower time, and give me better built buds (again phenotypes are important and require experimentation also).

I know there are a lot of pure-ists out there who believe in no chemical additives. I am not one of those people. I think science and experimentation can only further help us.

BTW, ingredients listed on bushmaster are as follows:

NPK (0-0.1-0)
Phosphate: (p205) 0.1%
derived from phosphoric acid

Active ingredient:
1.5% ascophyllum nodosum (sea kelp)

NO HORMONES THAT I CAN SEE...:yahoo::rollit:

Hi
I have used Bushmaster regularly.
I use it in the last 3 days of the second week of Bloom.
Bushmaster stops the plants in there tracks.
I use 1 ml per gal of nutrients/water.
I only run at 700 PPM so I don't lover my nutrient strength.
I have never burned the plants.
Not sure what will happen applying it in the Veg mode.
Good Luck and Please let us know how it works out.
PS: I am in hydro, Ebb n Grow 2 gal double buckets

snake oil

Ive used gravity and snow storm ultras, and i can say 1st hand these products work as said or better. and i have no 3rd nipple last time i checked?lol. the only time gravity didnt work was when i was growing with low power led lights. but they do work great with HID. snow storm ultra is the shit, see it work in 2 days

SNOW STORM ULTRA Gravity, Purple Maxx, and Bushmaster

Hi my latest update: for an Ebb n Grow hydro system.
!: Bush Master works, i would not grow with out it for any strain.
It stops upward growth and promots biger bud growth.
2: I was never quite sure of the effects of Gravity and Purple Max.
I do know it never hurt my plants.
I willl prolly stop using the Grav and Purple M, now that SS Ultra is here.
I am getting very good results by using GH Kool Bloom dry with SS Ultra in the last 2 wks of bloom.

3: Snow Storm Ultra, is kick ass.
It made my Chronic plants look like White Widdow plants (Sugerie as hell) and much more potent
Prior grow of Chronic were so so with Gravity and Purple Max.
I will come back on my grow of WMD's from Canada.
Happy Trails

After reading through this thread I think I'm going to try Bushmaster next grow. Don't have any use for the Purple Maxx and don't want the Gravity effects at the risk of messing up my bud, but I don't see a downside to trying Bushmaster. I've got a plant right now that's grown past the bottom of the reflector and I don't care for that to ever happen again.

Thanks to everyone who's added their experience and opinion here, on both sides. It's a very interesting thread.

Yeah, but where's the pic of the identical clone that you grew beside it in every way the same except for NOT using it? Without that to compare it to, it's all kind of meaningless, isn't it?

And you might be surprised, but there are any number of products in this world (not talking just nutrients/additives but across the entire board of existence) that don't do what they claim, that don't do much at all, or even do bad things... that are still in business.

Agreed...:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom