Green dragon actually tar-black

PouceBlack

420 Member
I got confident for my second batch of "green" dragon and used a full 40oz bottle of 198-proof alcohol (99%) with a few ounces (a half-gallon jar full) of C-quality buds and larf, decarboxylated.

I forgot about it for a few months in the freezer. This week I filtered it with cheesecloth in a mason jar.
I haven't evaporated yet because...

The result is a very disgusting looking, pitch-black tincture. My previous batch was a pleasant golden-green (I didn't let it in the freezer that long).

Is there anything I can do at this point to change it to something more... translucide / appetizing?

Interesting, i have zero experience so can’t help you out but I’ve always thought about making green dragon. How strong is the buzz it gives you? More comparable to edibles I assume?

Very similar to edibles indeed, but with the ability to dose more accurately, and basically turn any food into "edible".

I typically just add a few drops in my coffee to keep me focus (but not too buzzed) during the workday.

(My arms being still sore from yesterday's bubble hash, I can also say this tincture is the easiest way to extract THC imho.)

Black would be toxins. Hard to imagine your plants is full of those. My guess is that it's just an abundance of chlorophyll and actually a very dark green. You can leave it sit in the sunlight if you have any, or off to the side of your plants and let the light burn off some of the chlorophyll.

If it's going into edibles why are you concerned with the appearance? It's very unlikely to affect the final product unless your making gummies or sugar candies and even then wouldn't do much more than tint the candy green.

Black would be toxins. Hard to imagine your plants is full of those. My guess is that it's just an abundance of chlorophyll and actually a very dark green. You can leave it sit in the sunlight if you have any, or off to the side of your plants and let the light burn off some of the chlorophyll.

If it's going into edibles why are you concerned with the appearance? It's very unlikely to affect the final product unless your making gummies or sugar candies and even then wouldn't do much more than tint the candy green.

I worry about the appearance because a lot of it will be gifted to friends and I don't want to scare them ;)

There's not much sun in this northern part of the world right now so I'll try the quantum boards, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom