GreenGenez Veganic Scrog 1.6k HID/LED 2019

GreenGenez

Hello and welcome to my journal. I'm cultivating 3 strains for this run. All my strains are feminized and have been stabilized to preserve consistency. I am a breeder but only for personal purposes. I have never had any of them tested for cannabinoid levels but I can assure you they're all powerhouse! Very heavy resin producers also.

White widow
Chemdawg #4
Girl Scout Cookies (platinum)

This is, as all my grows, strictly veganic. Not that there is anything wrong with organic, but I dont like to use any blood, bone or guano. Instead I use amendments like:
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Cottonseed meal
Neem meal
Crab/ lobster/ shrimp meal (shell, not the meat)
Leaf mold
Soft rock phosphate
Sulfur (very minimal)
Magnesium sulfate
Dried brewers yeast
Fermented plant extract
Bokashi compost
Homemade biochar
Homemade microbial inoculate (lacto bacillus)
Amino acids
Vitamin B1
Micronized glacial rock dust
Trichoderma hazarnium/ verde
Endo/Ecto myco
Tons of bacteria soil born and also phototropic

I grow in a homemade soil mix that consists of coco coir, fiber, pith and chip. Spaugham peat, hydro corn, rice hulls, grow stones, #4 perlite, wood chips (soft and hard wood) , sand, crushed granite, limestone, quartz.

20191020_102341.jpg
20191020_102335.jpg
20191020_102328.jpg
seedlings are 5 days old under a 400w CMH

:welcome: :420:

Love your setup and your methodology with the strains to match! Gonna be really fun to see what you can do. what are you thinking on veg time and pot size?

Also, there is a thread for comparing chemdog related grows.
Who Let The Dogs Out? A Chem Comparison Grow!

you should stop in and say what’s up! Maybe post some pictures of your chemdawg and check out what we got goin on!

:welcome: :420:

Love your setup and your methodology with the strains to match! Gonna be really fun to see what you can do. what are you thinking on veg time and pot size?

Also, there is a thread for comparing chemdog related grows.
Who Let The Dogs Out? A Chem Comparison Grow!

you should stop in and say what’s up! Maybe post some pictures of your chemdawg and check out what we got goin on!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I was originally going to go with my 4x4 fabric living soil raised bed, but that 150 gallons of soil I'd have to disturb. I have plans on filling the tent corner to corner (8x4x7) and a 4x4 bed is ideal when centered, but wasteful for only 3 plants.

My second thought is a 2x4 fabric living soil raise bed, but that's not yet filled and consequently established with the microflora web.

So my last choice, and probably the most sensible is (3) 20 gallon fabric smart pots, which are very established and only used once for a pheno run,but are 1yr old from conception and have been cycling nutrients for some time now.

Veg time,..... I was planning a 60 day from sexual expression (maturity). My plants are usually very vigorous, but this white widow seedling is off to a slow start. It germinated in 12 hrs just like the others, but as you can see in the picture is very small and with only one cotyledon. She"ll bounce back but may change things with the time frame in filling out her section of the screen. She will most likely have her own separate 3x3 screen.

I was browsing the other day and I did stumble upon the chem comparison grow!!!
Thank you for the invite, I will certainly be joining you all there as well.

Sorry for the delay in updating, I was traveling for work. I'm homeside for a week or two now.
The girls are doing good. I transplanted them last night to a slightly larger container.
20191105_084505.jpg

The platinum cookies and chemdawg#4 are as expected. The widow is still slacking. I had a feeling from day one see would be weaker, but I'm not giving up, I have some tricks up my sleeve, she will bounce back and perform accordingly to my preference.

Last night I also made a manifold for my high-pressure blumat pump system.
20191105_085232.jpg
20191105_085435.jpg
I have alot of work to do yet and very little time to do it. I'll be running 3 (9") blumat maxi sensors, and 9 (5") standard blumat sensors. 6 drippers for each 20 gallon smart pot and a flush system for administering liquid amino acids, vitamins, simple and complex carbohydrates and enzymes. Also for a single PK boost in the second week of the transition to flower.

I'll update after things are set up.

Sorry for the delay in updating, I was traveling for work. I'm homeside for a week or two now.
The girls are doing good. I transplanted them last night to a slightly larger container.
20191105_084505.jpg

The platinum cookies and chemdawg#4 are as expected. The widow is still slacking. I had a feeling from day one see would be weaker, but I'm not giving up, I have some tricks up my sleeve, she will bounce back and perform accordingly to my preference.

Last night I also made a manifold for my high-pressure blumat pump system.
20191105_085232.jpg
20191105_085435.jpg
I have alot of work to do yet and very little time to do it. I'll be running 3 (9") blumat maxi sensors, and 9 (5") standard blumat sensors. 6 drippers for each 20 gallon smart pot and a flush system for administering liquid amino acids, vitamins, simple and complex carbohydrates and enzymes. Also for a single PK boost in the second week of the transition to flower.

I'll update after things are set up.

wow! You’re super high-tech on your water system. The automation must be so nice... I still have to lug all my heavy 5 gallon pots to the watering hole.

wow! You’re super high-tech on your water system. The automation must be so nice... I still have to lug all my heavy 5 gallon pots to the watering hole.

Yes it is very nice and super convenient, but it was a work in progress. Initially it started with just a dechlorinator and then added a 50gpd ro membrane, then a deionization filter. Slowly extra after extra, I have a 350gpd rodi with accumulator. I was pretty heavy into high pressure aeroponics for several years, then I simplified shit with organic living soil. Never looked back since. I use to grow for quantity now it's all about quality.

Damn man, you’re speaking Chinese to me. I don’t have a clue what any of that is.. except of course the living organics. I’ve never heard of high pressure aeroponics.

I’d love to put together a little low pressure thing myself. If I could set it up for 20 plants in a small area I could twig farm!

Damn man, you’re speaking Chinese to me. I don’t have a clue what any of that is.. except of course the living organics. I’ve never heard of high pressure aeroponics.

I’d love to put together a little low pressure thing myself. If I could set it up for 20 plants in a small area I could twig farm!

Naw bro, all you need is a solid mother and all the clones go in the aero rail. 50 clones flower out single cola. 1oz each. Now that's some serious medi cropping!!

Finally got around to setting up the blumat pump system with accumulator. Holding the accumulator at 85psi.
20191110_120034.jpg

I decided to only put (2) 5"carrots in each pot accompanied with (1) 9"maxi. Gotts get this dialed in perfect before I put on the drippers.
20191110_133906.jpg
20191110_133846.jpg

I'm not sure how anyone else is setting up their blumats, but from my experience any piece of hydroton or perlite that makes contact with the ceramic end of the sensor will give a false reading and can potentially lead to a run out.

I'm not worried about a 5 gallon buckets dumping all over the floor, I am mainline to my municipal supply and a run out for me could be 50 gallons - 350gallons before its caught. So I have to restructure my soil by means of layering and by material used. Ive chosen pure coco pith for the placement of the blumat.
This is how I did it.

I punched out cores in my soil using 1.5" PVC. Once removed, then filled the holes with coco pith, hydrated it very well and inserted the maxi first.
20191110_111144.jpg

I then made a ring of coco pith about 3"high. This ring layer is to supply accurate hydration readings to the smaller 5" carrots, the full circumference of the pot.
20191110_133822.jpg

Then back filled with a different soil mixture that has alot of leaf mold in it. This is where alot of my humid acids are, that will leach down everytime the drippers activate.
20191110_133805.jpg

After all punched cores are filled and every square inch has been hydrated to field capacity, I insert my 5" carrots, route and stake the 8mm mainline, then piece in the 3mm drip line.
I found some old fertigation spikes, and they happen to fit nicely with the 3mm drip line. I'm only using 1 spike per pot and it's only for the maxi, which is the deepest. The concept here is to ensure even moisture, top to bottom. The dual layered soil will be irrigated independently based on its needs.
20191110_112451.jpg

Now after all is said and done, it's time to transplant. Spin the nursery pot back n forth to remove. (Remember, we packed in our backfill, by doing such, we created a cavity for our transplant once removed.
Press her down nice and snug and water her in. I chose to open up the blumat valves and water while bleeding the system of air. Either way, you must properly bleed the 8mm mainline first of all air, then go back and bleed each 3mm dripper line, starting with the first blumat closest to the accumulator (resivore) and work away ending at the last.

20191110_133846.jpg

Once you bleed out all the air, then you just tighten the valve screw until only a drop hangs from the end of the 3mm line. And that's it.
20191110_133736.jpg

Just a little update:

Blumat system is much different for my indoor soiless media than it is outside. Ive had to tighten down the set screw considerably. The widow pot had some lechate i had to mop up this morning. Aside from that theyre working as expected. I must admit, it is a learning curve.

Did a heavy foliar spray this morning of
* fresh harvested aloe gel
*Microbe life photosynthesis plus
*Laco Bacillus casei/Unsulfured Blackstrap ferment

Waited 6 hrs and took a refractometer reading for Brix levels on cookies and chem4. Widow is to small to be loosing any fan leafs yet.
Cookies had a brix level of 6
Chem4 had a brix level of 9, not to bad, i have done better in the past at this point, but its still early.
Nothing but ZERO PPM /DEIONIZED H20.

Widow had some pH issues early on due to overwatering. Her first set of true leaves (triple blade) have some necrosis on the serations. She is certainly a sensitive one.
20191114_120213.jpg
Cookies is super vigorous so im not changing any of her soil moistute settings.
20191114_055931.jpg
Chem4 wants to be super vigorous, but the blumats were too high for her taste. She will show me where she likes her soil moisture, untill then ill just keep turning it down.
20191114_120034.jpg
Topped both, cookies was 4 days ago and chem was 2 days ago. Had to supercrop cookies too.
20191114_120051.jpg20191114_120034.jpg

Attachments

• 20191114_124506.jpg
    20191114_124506.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
  • 20191114_055931.jpg
    20191114_055931.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 159
Update:
I'm pulled way too thin with work, home renovations, family and the garden. I wish I could be more involved with my hobbies, but I feel like things will fall into place as Jah sees fit.
Every couple days I've been monster cropping, or fimming, or topping, or LST ing. Running 3 different strains all with varying phenotypes isnt as easy as it may seem. The individual needs and growth rates are a constant battle to keep uniform when all contained within an enclosed and shared footprint. Nevertheless, I will prevail

The blumats now being used indoors is a little troublesome as I have come to encounter some learning curves using them in a homemade soiless media. Outside in topsoil and compost they are phenomenal, inside..... I almost feel like the soil is staying a tad too hydrated, slowing growth. I will say this tho, any form of hormone manipulation or training I've done to date, all plants have almost an immediate response in recovery. I'm talking less than 1 hour recovery. Here's a few pictures of different dates.

Nov. 18th
20191126_082907.jpg
White widow

20191118_084102.jpg
Platinum Cookies

20191118_084119.jpg
Chemdawg#4

Cookies is and has been turning blue. Chem and widow are plain green. Cookies is showing an accumulation of secondary pigment and has nothing to do with pH influence or a lack of phosphorus. Possibly from the media being to well hydrated but I will debunk that in time soon to come. Otherwise cookies is gonna be a blue dominat pheno and should carry onto her flowers. She does turn purple, but only in cooler night temps. Flowers are a very pretty mottled purple/ light green and golden color. Hopefully I can add blue to that list. If so, she gonna be self pollinated for S1 stock.

things are coming along great there Gene! I too have a purple pheno of a cookie cross as I’m sure you’ve seen in my journal the Cookies n Chem Gasfruit mom went full purple in late flower. Where are your nutrients coming from? Organic super soil?

things are coming along great there Gene! I too have a purple pheno of a cookie cross as I’m sure you’ve seen in my journal the Cookies n Chem Gasfruit mom went full purple in late flower. Where are your nutrients coming from? Organic super soil?
Thanks ChefDGreen, cookies is by far my favorite strain to work with. Not the heaviest yielder, but always top notch flower. I dont even have to try very hard, cookies literally grows like a weed. Chem is impressive also, but not as much as cookies.

Ive been watching your journaling and I've been inspired to make my own cookies and chem cross. I'm taking clones later today from all 3 plants.

Widow is bouncing back with avenging speed. She has the highest delta 9 levels, 28% and the heaviest trichome I've seen without using enhancing additives like snow storm ultra and such. I'm a hash guy and she makes some Great bubble.

All my nutrients are in the soil. To present day all I've given the girls is 0ppm water. I have done a couple foliar sprays of aloe and microbes, but that's it.

They will be getting a root drenching today of some mung bean sprout enzyme/ live brewers yeast/ lactobacillus/ kelp/ blackstrap/ fermented aloe AACT.
20191201_105031.jpg
I had to put the pump on a short interval timer because of the enzyme foam.
30 sec on/ 3 min off. Now these girls are gonna explode with tremendous growth!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom