Grow books

Jackalope

I see lots of people asking questions about plant health and lots more. It got me wondering how many people use them anymore. Internet has taken over reading real books. Not many poeple read books anymore.

My question. Who owns grow books and which one is your go to book if you do.

I have at least 4 full books and a few small single breeder books like D.J. Shorts and Soma's. My go to book now is The Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorges Cervantes. I have other books from him but this one is the ost complete.

I have quite a few now thanks to you, but mine are all digital copies on my kindle. I have a few from jorge cervantes, 2 of Ed Rosenthal's, and all 4 of subcools bud books. I dont mind hard copy books but the digital versions were way cheaper and I was able to start reading instantly.

My older buddy has a bunch of hard copy grow books some are older than I am. I was helping him clean out the garage last week and saw my first seed catalog. So much different then the way seed banks do it now days.

Back in the day even new catalogs were great. They would only be a couple more strains added every couple years. They were pretty much the same thing as before but still new LOL.

We keep an extensive library of books...you can get them used for a song and nothing compares to snuggling next to the fire with a book!

One of my fav relating to gardening is an oldie but a goodie: Rodale's Book of Composting. This is the composting bible (imo)...he also has the definitive book on Organic Gardening.

I have 2 books. Haven't read the one you can partially see to the left yet.

Attachments

• 20181109_190037.jpg
    20181109_190037.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 56
I am scared to count how many books I have. Most are very good books. You would think I would be able to grow better LMAO. When you count in my strain books I can fill a whole row on a bookshelf.

I see lots of people asking questions about plant health and lots more. It got me wondering how many people use them anymore. Internet has taken over reading real books. Not many poeple read books anymore.

I have at least 4 full books and a few small single breeder books like D.J. Shorts and Soma's. My go to book now is The Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorges Cervantes. I have other books from him but this one is the ost complete.
i keep all my books on my phone or in cloud..for easy reading when im holding my wifes purse or at the dentist..check out Robert Bergman 420

I do not have any Marijuana grow books but I have several gardening books, some Rodale Press (the publisher of Organic Gardening and Farming which is no longer published as far as I can tell) and some from other imprint houses.

Reading in depth seems to be falling out of favor with many people and I partially blame the internet and the use of cell phones.

Why buy a book or why go to the library to research when more and more info in on-line. For some reason people started to think that they did not have to learn to read if stuff is on the net because they can just go to the web site. These days they don't need more words than just some basic ones and do a web search. Then they found out that they still have to know how to read. That is one of the reasons I figure youtube instruction videos are getting so popular. Just listen to someone talk.

I can read fast enough that the same amount of info that I find in a 20 minute video can be read in 90 seconds. Throw in a couple of pictures to check and that adds another 30 seconds.

Reading a book on a cell phone is not all that easy, certainly not as easy as a Kindle or similar. Yet people are using a cell phone as a computer to do research. None of my cell phones ever allowed me to have 20 tabs open like I migh do when I decide to look something up.

I do not have any Marijuana grow books but I have several gardening books, some Rodale Press (the publisher of Organic Gardening and Farming which is no longer published as far as I can tell) and some from other imprint houses.

Reading in depth seems to be falling out of favor with many people and I partially blame the internet and the use of cell phones.

Why buy a book or why go to the library to research when more and more info in on-line. For some reason people started to think that they did not have to learn to read if stuff is on the net because they can just go to the web site. These days they don't need more words than just some basic ones and do a web search. Then they found out that they still have to know how to read. That is one of the reasons I figure youtube instruction videos are getting so popular. Just listen to someone talk.

I can read fast enough that the same amount of info that I find in a 20 minute video can be read in 90 seconds. Throw in a couple of pictures to check and that adds another 30 seconds.

Reading a book on a cell phone is not all that easy, certainly not as easy as a Kindle or similar. Yet people are using a cell phone as a computer to do research. None of my cell phones ever allowed me to have 20 tabs open like I migh do when I decide to look something up.
I hear you..i am a writer author of some books.."not about weed" and i find most of my sales are in the EBook and kindle formats..sadly yes I love paper books better as well! I feel/hear you!

I hear you..i am a writer author of some books.."not about weed" and i find most of my sales are in the EBook and kindle formats..sadly yes I love paper books better as well! I feel/hear you!
I had a doctor's appointment and I took along my paper copy of American Gods. A new doc walks in and does his thing to the computer and starts asking the usual health questions. Then he sees the book, tells me he read it and saw the TV series. We spend the next couple of minutes talking about that book, reading in general, and reading s-f and fantasy & exchanging titles and authors.

Really doubt that would have happened if the book was on a Kindle or similar and he could not have seen the title.

Plus I can read faster with a paper copy than I can on a computer monitor. Reading off a cell phone is even slower.

My first cannabis info was from " The New England Vegetable Garden" published in 1957. Since then i've collected many of the early cannabis publications. I also have the first two issues of High Times before it was made illegal in Canada. The conservative government of the day made all literature advocating cannabis use punishable for 1st offense $100,000 and 6 months and 2nd $300,000 and 12 months. The fascism ended on Oct. 4th 1994 when her Honour Madame Justice Ellen McDonald of the Ontario Court, General Division ruled that the law banning all cannabis advocacy was inconsistent with S2(b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and not being justifiable in a Free and Democratic Society. We still have lots of A holes but not on my dime. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom