Grow Room for Volksgarden

Omenman, you sound superstitious with a name like that! Thanks for jumping in, I appreciate your concern and advice, but I figure my learning curve is so big that I might as well just learn to do what I intend to do, rather than learn and buy a bunch of stuff I'll never use or want.

Maxximus... 1 part whole milk and 10 parts water? I've never heard of that, are you sure its safe? And what about 2% organic milk? Has anyone else tried this before? Thanks for the advice, looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

One part whole milk to ten parts water is correct, and I have used it with 100% success. I believe it is safe enough to spray on most things unless it is contaminated with Mad Cow disease ;). I tried several things before finding the milk thing, and nothing worked anywhere near a swell. I don't know if the 2% will work but I don't think there would be any risk in trying it.

Cheers,
Maxx

Thanks Maxx! I'll get some whole milk and give it a go. One question, should I cut the entire leaf that's infected with it? Down to the node or stem?

Ok, I watered today and took some readings, if anyone has any interpretation please let me know...

Filtered water before adding nutes: PH=6.8, PPM= 57
Water after adding nutes & ph-down: PH=5.88, PPM= 510
Water in saucers that drained after watering: PH=6.7, PPM=1985!!!

I don't know what this means. The water drains quickly in this Coco though, I fed them about 1.75 gallons between the 10 of them and then sucked up almost a half gallon with a syringe after watering. I also lowered the light to about 6-8 inches above the highest leaves.

Omenman, you sound superstitious with a name like that! Thanks for jumping in, I appreciate your concern and advice, but I figure my learning curve is so big that I might as well just learn to do what I intend to do, rather than learn and buy a bunch of stuff I'll never use or want.

Maxximus... 1 part whole milk and 10 parts water? I've never heard of that, are you sure its safe? And what about 2% organic milk? Has anyone else tried this before? Thanks for the advice, looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

ahh riight on..just putting it out there..well then sounds like a plan..get those mums going and bushy as hell and you will be off to a great start..remember about the trick for leveling off the water the the RW blocks. to start...stack them 3 to 4 high after you soak them for 24 hours and pull the top 2 off the stack andthen place your clone in the hole..use cut up rock wool chunks to wedge in there and some crafty pincing job along the top and in a day or 2 time roots will be at the bottom of the cube and your good to go! goodluck..

and to whele and maxximus.. and anyothers watching Theres two rotational gardens forsale on ebay theres going for 2 grand for both of them..a bpod 240 and a hydrotect 320 cheap cheap cheap...good luck

Thanks Maxx! I'll get some whole milk and give it a go. One question, should I cut the entire leaf that's infected with it? Down to the node or stem?

Ok, I watered today and took some readings, if anyone has any interpretation please let me know...

Filtered water before adding nutes: PH=6.8, PPM= 57
Water after adding nutes & ph-down: PH=5.88, PPM= 510
Water in saucers that drained after watering: PH=6.7, PPM=1985!!!

I don't know what this means. The water drains quickly in this Coco though, I fed them about 1.75 gallons between the 10 of them and then sucked up almost a half gallon with a syringe after watering. I also lowered the light to about 6-8 inches above the highest leaves.

Shouldn't have to cut away any of the plant with this treatment. This cured my plants, unlike most other stuff that just controls it, and I had it thick like cheese.

Cheers,
Maxx

ok Maxx, all I could find at the grociery store was vitamin D milk so I mixed 1 part to 10 parts filtered water. I'm going to go in and spray them now and NOT clip the infected leaf. Should I do this every day for a certain amount of time or just this once? Thanks!

BTW, I'm adding something to my nutes starting tomorrow. Upon advice from Wheelo, I've decided to get some enzyme stuff for the roots and went with Humboldt's Myco Madness, since I'm already using Humboldt's Master A & B & Verde. The hydroshop told me it's like AN's piranha and tarantula mixed together.

The water schedule going forward is EVERYDAY with the Humboldt Nutrients recommended dose and then flush the last week of flower (unless it fucks shit up and I need to adjust). I may add something during flower, we'll get to that later... But the B'cuzz Coco drains so fast that I can't over water them so I want to make sure they're getting enough nutes. The only thing that sucks is I have to sit in there for about 20 minutes sucking water from the saucers, I need to think of a better way to manage the 4 mothers for the long term in the 2'x4'x5'3" veg tent? The GDP even look a little better today after getting a little more water the last few days than they had been getting, so we'll see how they look in a week or so after being fed everyday. I just hope the milk trick will get that small white shit off the Lime.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

I have no idea if Vitamin D milk is going to work or even what it is, so I can't really tell you about how many times to spray it. You should know pretty quick if it's going to work for you or not.

Cheers,
Maxx

you will really appreciate those bene's. they will turn an average harvest into a really nice one. a healthy root system is the first step to a healthy plant.

i haven't ever used coco, so they might need that much watering. lava rocks in a hydro setup gets watered like 5 times a day i hear. i never did that either.

if you are going to feed every time, and once a day, i would flush the coco once a week, the day before you change to the next dosage. this is why you put in low ppm and your runoff is high ppm. you can use plain water, or something like clearex of final flush, they have stuff in them that break down the salts to help release them from the soil. i have been using clearex, but i am going all AN next run.

I know it is really hard to do on your first grow, but WoF did already mention to not overwater. If you do end up overwatering and the roots start to die, you will be able to detect that when your pH goes really low in the water leaving the pots.

The high PPM readings you are getting from that runoff is a sign that you are putting way too many nutes in. More is not better. The runoff is practically saturated with nutrients the plants haven't or can't take up and the soil can no hold. There could be additional nutrients being locked up into insoluble crystals in the soil and on the root surfaces which will impede their ability to take up nutes and water. Then more nutes and water are added on top making things worse.

Good luck with this my friend. There are many here to support you along the way but I suggest trying to water them with your plain tap water after it has sat out for a day to off-gas any chlorine only 1 - 2 time a week. No nutes! Keep checking the runoff water's pH and TDS (ppm) readings. I don't know the conversion rate of your meter, but I personally wouldn't add nutes until the EC got to around a 2 which is either 1000 or 1400 PPM depending on the meter's conversion rate. That level of nutes would be considered strong. You have nutrient levels double that draining out of the pots (and your wallet).

Take this knowing I am not a person doing soil right now but have done extensive reading including many grow journals. Thinking all your problem's solutions can be found in a bottle at the hydro store is a common fallacy many fall into.

:welcome: to 420 Magazine BTW. How much do you have invested in equipment so far? Those rotary machines have a steep entrance cost if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the advice Munki. But I'm not using soil, it's B'cuzz Coco and it's a hydroponic medium so it doesn't have any nutes at all, that's the problem I have with just water alone. But I got baked and I'm doing some thinking this morning, and I'm thinking about taking WheelO's advice and flush once a week, I could probably do this and water them with nutes again the same day, because Coco drains so well. Anyone have any thoughts on this plan?

it sounds ok to me, once a week. but munkis advice is very good.

you should understand this, plants like pure h2o. its not going to slow them down or harm them or anything to water them with plain water. even if you did every other at pure water, it won't grow any slower than if you feed all the time. and it will flush all the salts out of your medium. those salts are left over nutes that the plant doesn't want. and after you water again the original salts they didn't want are still there and new fresh salts of the same kind are left cause it still doesn't want them. . . hence salt buildup and nutrient lockout.

you can flush every other like dirt, but once a week would be fine too, unless you start to get some lockout, and if that happens you can either water more with pure h2o or use something like clearex like i mentioned before.

if your plants are looking healthy i wouldn't worry about it until there is a reason to.
keep the pics rolling, and you'll be happy with the results.

Thanks! I've decided to water normal today with the Myco Madness nute I got yesterday. This morning I decided to cut the powdery mildew infected leaf off the Lime, I don't know what got into me. I was thinking alot about this fungicide product called "GreenCure" at the hydroshop that is flying off the shelves and she tells me everyone loves and is safe, so I figured I might have something everyone else around here has so I decided to try that today instead of the milk trick (already kind of regretting it because the mildew looked smaller today then yesterday). SO, I sprayed the hell out of the 4 limes with GreenCure just now, I'll take a wait and see approach with regards to the 6 GDP's and not spray them for now.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day... I decided to take WheelO's advice and I picked up some Clearex while I was at the hydroshop. I'm going to give each plant 1 gallon of clearex mix in the morning and then water them again at night with the nutes. I figured I would take one plant at a time into the shower and water the fuck out of it and let it drain in there so I don't make a mess in the tent.

Going forward I'll probably water with pure h20 once a week, we'll see how the PPM readings of the saucer water change and progress after flushing tomorrow. I realized I should have flushed the Gcuzz Coco really well before transplanting to it, I wont make that mistake again if I stick with Gcuzz in the future.

:thanks:

one thing about the shower. that water will be chlorinated if you are using city water. that chlorine will make it hard for anything biological to live in the coco, including all those beneficial microbes you just bought. you should always try to use distilled water, but if you can't or its too expensive, just let your tap water sit, uncovered, for 24 hours and the chlorine will evaporate out of it.

if you already did it don't worry, chlorinated water isn't the worst thing you can do, if you dont do it all the time.

Wheelo, I'm using filtered tap water, I'll probably do that or buy water at the store for the foreseeable future. The reason I'm flushing them in the shower is so I don't make a mess in the tent, I just have nowhere else to do it without going outside. I watered all 10 plants today with almost 2 gallons, and then sucked up almost a gallon in the saucers after it was all said and done. I figure I'll give each plant a gallon of clearex mix and let them drain in the shower for 5-10 minutes before putting them back in the tent. We'll see how it goes...

:roorrip:

oic, just using tap, not the actual shower. I do that too, so my runoff goes down the drain. I will have to solve that before i scrog 'em.

sounds like you got it all under control.

the grow is looking good and im sure that all your problems will work out over time. one recommendation i can make for saving you time and hassle of sitting around watching the saucers fill with runoff is buying an ebb and flow tray that has a tube that empties into a 5 gallon container that you can empty out 30 mins later. you could also buy a cheap rubbermaid container that has shallow walls and set the pots in it. drill a hole in the middle of the container, add a hose to the hole and put a container under it. sorry for rambling on.

keep up the great work, i will defiantly be sticking around to watch how this plays out. Smoke on.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom