Grow Room for Volksgarden

I want to make something very clear, I haven't thrown in the towel yet. I've put a lot into this dream and I still have 3 business days for the Universe to throw me a freaking bone.

But I've put off clipping the Limes for clone practice and everything else besides watering, until I find a location or time runs out on wednesday. Send some positive vibes my way if you can...

if you have a medical need to smoke weed, and it's not against the law, how can they evict you? that doesn't seem right.

maybe offer them a bit more rent? see if they bite.

when it comes to MJ around these parts, secrecy is the best policy.

gl.

Well I know I have rights here, but I don't want to have beef with my next door neighbor and have a legal mess to deal with. I really thought she would be ok based the numerous conversations we had about pot and how everyone around here does it, including the two homes across the street with plants in the back yard, she's the one that told me about them and said it's a safe area to grow! They're old and this property is their life, the RE agent also scared the hell out of them, I would have been better off having them call the sheriff. I may make a last ditch effort to convince them on tuesday night if I have to.

I posted this ancient bit of wisdom from the 'Book of Chances' a little while ago but it might not have been in this thread. This is all about 'hiding your light', and one of the main lines from R Wilhelms embelishments (if that is the right word to use) is;
'In such times one ought not to fall in with the practices of others; neither should one drag them censoriously into the light.'
The latter meaning, Don't show anyone your grow. Now this was written long before the internet, so I don't think that is an issue unless you add your address to your postings, but actually dragging them censoriously into the light is to be avoided.

I am very sorry to hear about your predicament. Even if they were cool about it though, once you tell someone then your control of this most delicate situation is no longer in your up to you, and people love to talk. Confidence once removed is no longer confidence in any way shape or form.

I truly hope things work out for you, and that you have learned from what I would have to call an operational procedural error in the 1st degree. MEGA DOH!!!!

If all of the the electrical appliances you are using all have CSA/UL certifications then the insurance company can't just void the policy, however now that you have exposed your operation it's hardly worth trying to put the Genie back in the bottle imo.

Cheers,
Maxx

36. Ming I / Darkening of the light

above K'UN THE RECEPTIVE, EARTH
below LI THE CLINGING, FIRE

Here the sun has sunk under the earth and is therefore darkened. The name
of the hexagram means literally "wounding of the bright"; hence the
individual lines contain frequent references to wounding. The situation is
the exact opposite of that in the foregoing hexagram. In the latter a wise man
at the head of affairs has able helpers, and in company with them makes
progress; here a man of dark nature is in a position of authority and brings
harm to the wise and able man.

THE JUDGMENT

DARKENING OF THE LIGHT. In adversity
It furthers one to be persevering.

One must not unresistingly let himself be swept along by unfavorable
circumstances, nor permit his steadfastness to be shaken. He can avoid this by
maintaining his inner light, while remaining outwardly yielding and
tractable. With this attitude he can overcome even the greatest adversities.
In some situations indeed a man must hide his light, in order to make his
will prevail inspite of difficulties in his immediate environment.
Perseverance must dwell in inmost consciousness and should not be
discernible from without. Only thus is a man able to maintain his will in the
face of difficulties.

THE IMAGE

The light has sunk into the earth:
The image of DARKENING OF THE LIGHT.
Thus does the superior man live with the great mass:
He veils his light, yet still shines.

In a time of darkness it is essential to be cautious and reserved. One should
not needlessly awaken overwhelming enmity by inconsiderate behavior. In
such times one ought not to fall in with the practices of others; neither
should one drag them censoriously into the light.
In social intercourse one
should not try to be all-knowing. One should let many things pass, without
being duped.

Thanks for the support guys! Maxximus, that is very wise advice. I will conceal my light and dreams from the outside world and act tactfully through this crisis and hopefully discover the opportunity in it. Sometimes things happen when you let them, not when you force them. I will go with the flow, pick my battles wisely and take advantage of every situation I can, that's all I can do really.

Thanks for the support guys! Maxximus, that is very wise advice. I will conceal my light and dreams from the outside world and act tactfully through this crisis and hopefully discover the opportunity in it. Sometimes things happen when you let them, not when you force them. I will go with the flow, pick my battles wisely and take advantage of every situation I can, that's all I can do really.

Hey leonardo,

If this experience leads you to a deeper exposure to the I Ching then you may feel it to be a bargain in a very short period of time.

The 5th place changing line from hexagram 36 below describes the origin of this situation, however it doesn't take much to see a similar dynamic in the prohibition of marijuana in the line "...here a man of dark nature is in a position of authority and brings harm to the wise and able man."

"Here the sun has sunk under the earth and is therefore darkened." is a pretty accurate description of an indoor grow, and we are doing it because of the prohibition.

I could continue to make very obvious imo connections to an indoor grow with 90% of the hexagram. Interesting to say the least or a concept that originates more then 5,000 years ago.

If you look further into the I Ching, I suggest the Wilhelm/Baynes version. Karl Jung writes the forward, and it is very much worth the read.

Cheers,
Maxx

° Six in the fifth place means:
Darkening of the light as with Prince Chi.
Perseverance furthers.

Prince Chi lived at the court of the evil tyrant Chou Hsin, who, although not
mentioned by name, furnished the historical example on which this whole
situation is based. Prince Chi was a relative of the tyrant and could not
withdraw from the court; therefore he concealed his true sentiments and
feigned insanity. Although he was held a slave, he did not allow external
misery to deflect him from his convictions.
This provides a teaching for those who cannot leave their posts in times of
darkness. In order to escape danger, they need invincible perseverance of
spirit and redoubled caution in their dealings with the world.

I've always looked to Taoism in tough times and uncertainty, and it's gotten me through more then I'll probably ever know. but I'm always on the lookout for anything that can assist in my lifelong quest to better understand the Universe and the human condition or bring me closer to Truth. I will take your advice and explore the I Ching further my friend, thanks again.

Well I'm sorry to say I had to cut the girls down. I decided not to ask the two old guys yet, I'm going to bide my time and act tactfully when the opportunity presents itself, hopefully in the next few weeks. I've been making great headway on currying favor with them both over the weekend so I'm feeling pretty confident that a great deal can be made. I realize that when I act too forcefully I usually make mistakes, in this case I feel I would be much better off building their trust and then bringing it up to them when they're most receptive and they know I have good intentions. If I play my cards right and get everyone on my side and put together a deal, I could be better off then I would have been had I kept my mouth shut, we'll see. But I'll keep everyone posted and get this thing back on track soon, so don't give up on me yet!

Once you get the grow going, will you be running for political office? Persuasiveness, persistence, and consensus building are skills badly needed in out legislative halls these days.

Munki, you're a funny guy... While I will never run for political office, I'm more than happy to lead the revolution. In fact, a couple years ago I purchased the domain name democraticuprising.org (nothing there yet), and I plan on using it as a social networking site to bring together people to demand that the US Constitution be amended to BAN corporations from contributing money to campaigns or anything that would influence business before congress, limit corps from having more than one lobbyist and paying him/her more than $100k, returning the Federal Reserve back to the congress and have a public and transparent monetary system. I just feel it's time for democratic reforms in OUR country, the system is broken and far from "democratic" since our politicians are financed by the corps and special interest groups and every piece of legislation goes through their hands. This is a corporatocracy, of and for the wealthy and well connected, not the people as it should be. I was going to use the proceeds from the grow op to hire developers to put together a great site, so I've got to find a way to make it happen.

So would anyone be interested in that? Do you think people would take 15 minutes a month or so out of your lives to log on? We've got to get the rational majority in this country to stand up to those free-market fundamentalists! And legalize it in the process...

Soniq420,

Leonardo is presently on hiatus with his grow while he sorts out his local situation. The topic steered this way so I dropped an interesting link. Is it not allowed since the discussion would be better for a different section of the forums? My thread does diverge every once in a while but it gets back on point when something of note in the grow happens. 420 magazine has extremely low amounts of frivolous flame posts; as much a testament to the moderating staff as the community members for which I am most grateful. I do hope we can discuss non-cannabis topics if they have at least a loose connection to our common plight.

Sorry, if I read too much into the off topic comment. I'll be more cognizant in the future if this is an issue.

EDIT: Apologies to Leonardo for not just sending a PM to Soniq!

High Brother Munki, no problems man.

I saw that smiley and figured I'd give it a try, but you're right it comes off kind of crass - not how I intended it. I deleted my post and sent myself and advisement ;)

We used to have a politics forums but decided to do away with it and go to strictly 420 content. Just looking to help keep the focus.

A little drift here and there is ok in a grow journal such as this. I was just trying to help bring the topic back to 420 matters - sorry if it came off wrong ;)

Well I've got horrible news. I made an enormous mistake in telling the landlords. They talked to the RE agent and were advised to shut it down or get me out. So they gave me a notice saying I have 3 days to get rid of everything. So now I need to decide what to do...

That sucks. So sorry to hear about that. I was doing a grow with a friend 10 years ago where I was cultivating the clones and he had the big lights and production equipment for flowering. His landlord found out and called the cops while he was at work. He came home to a ransacked apartment and a card in the door notifying him to surrender himself at the police station. He was a good guy and called me to get rid of everything at my place and never ratted me out. He took the whole rap himself; a couple of days in jail, lots of fines, and several months of community service.

JC

High Brother Munki, no problems man.

I saw that smiley and figured I'd give it a try, but you're right it comes off kind of crass - not how I intended it. I deleted my post and sent myself and advisement ;)

We used to have a politics forums but decided to do away with it and go to strictly 420 content. Just looking to help keep the focus.

A little drift here and there is ok in a grow journal such as this. I was just trying to help bring the topic back to 420 matters - sorry if it came off wrong ;)

Oh, NP man. I just didn't want to get violate the rules and get banned or something. I like this community.

Back
Top Bottom