Grow room setup

black420

420 Member
Hi guys I am starting my first grow room and need some advise.
I am building a room from cold room panels and the inside dimensions are 3,5m long x 2m wide x 2,1m high. 6 x 1000w lights with remote magnetic ballast on the outside and vented 6'' hoods. The ducting and lights must still come in and that will drop the grow height from 2,1m to probable 1,8m. It will have a carbon filter and ducting inside, a 25 liter per 24 hours dehumidifier, a 12000btu split air conditioner and fans. Everything will be in soil but i want to automate the watering system.
1 How does my setup sound and is there anything you guys think I should change?
2 How can I automate the watering system and is this a bad idea?
3 How many plants in my 7m2 space? I was thing 28 to 35 plants.
4 How high can/will the plants grow and is it possible to have less plants with that floor space and roof height and still get the same volume/weight buds? I want max production for the space but want the minimum amount of plants.
Thanks guys.

I am in a 1.5mX1.5mX2.0m With 2 lights and filter& fan and can barely fit 4 plants as it is, getting 28 plants in there will be pretty tough when you start to flower. Make sure you get short to medium size plants otherwise you will grow past the lights(has happened to me before).Four lights should be plenty i would think. I grow in coco and get one and a half pounds per crop easily.

do you need all that heat ?

did a 64 sq ft grow with about half or less light. ours was 3 x 600 watt. you're doing about 72 sq ft.
just curious. have done winter grows where the light provided all the heat in a similar space.
those days are long gone for me.

Thanks for helping. So 4 x 1000w lights but the spacing won’t be perfect because of the shape. I will then shoot for 15-18 plants and see how it goes. Automatic feeding with a drip system is that a bad idea?

auto feed is fine once dialed in. loads of larger grows use it. the tough bit is getting everything consistent. helps to mono crop on bigger grows.

the big thing on auto feeds is people think they can plant and walk away. it still requires daily checking and adjustment. i know one guy who was a tech guru. thought he could apply all the tech to growing at a distance, computerized and automated everything. he got 12k in and had zero successful grows.

another grower did over 300 plants a shot and built his own system with an old washing machine pump and hardware store timers. blew the tech guru out the water. he might have had 2k total in gear and everything was self built.

Back
Top Bottom