Growheart's Gals - Blue Cheese, K-Train - CFL Soil 2nd Grow

Feminised!?!?!?!

WHAT THE!!!!

Okay guys... bad news, potentially REALLY bad news. I have recently transplanted, begun LST, and added 2x 42W 2700k CFL's to add some more spectrum to the existing 125W 6500k light.

One day there was a slight temperature spike to 92 F for a few hours. This has since been solved and there is 76 - 82 averages. I do not believe that this, the transplant, or introduction of new light spectrum should have caused enough stress to cause what I fear has happened...

MY FEMINISED PLANTS in Veg SHOWING MALE PREFLOWERS!?!?!

They are just over 1 month old, have been on an 18/6 light cycle for the last 2.5 weeks, so HOW could this be possible? Given what I have researched and googled about feminised seeds, there are a lot of controversies and reports of higher tendencies to hermaphrodite.

Why did the guys at the seed store push these seeds as guaranteed females, and charge us more for them? I feel very disillusioned and ripped off at the moment. It looks like all 4 of the month old plants are showing these. YES 4/4!!! The 5th is too young to tell.

Hoping I am wrong but about 95% sure these are nuts... Please anyone with insight into Femnised seeds chime in.

nuts21.jpg

nuts11.jpg

lotsofnuts.jpg

I am very much confused :scratchinghead:

Damn bro... Sorry... Those are definietly males..... Sounds like you got the shaft from the seed guy... I've only used Fem seeds. And never had a problem. But I've only bought seeds from Barney's Farm, Sensi Seeds, and Greenhouse Seeds, all in breeders packs.....

Hey Karagrows

I believe these were either Barney's or Buddah, the two who cary Blue Cheese genetics... But since they were purchased in person in a seed store, we did not get breeders packs. These guys seemed trustworthy, and really were pushing the fem. as the best way to go... But now I am of course realizing that they could have been 100% full of it.

I have emailed the shop and attached the pics, not really expecting anything (we didn't even get a receipt), but want to let them know.

I guess I will wait to hear back from the, and then start germinating the rest of the seeds to see if we can get at least ONE female.

Very sad day, time to go :bongrip:

Wow Grow so :sorry:, I dont think those are hermies... I think they are straight up male plants. I would give you one of my kush babies, but you are probably 2 far away. Anyway I dont know if they will even be female.

Hi,

Sorry to see you ended up with males/hermes. Do u see any white pistills at all? This is so strange, bec if u buy fem seeds it can only end up as female or hermes..
If u see pistils and balls its hermes, take a look at your tent and check if its leaking any light? Or do u have any electrical equipment in there with a small light on it? Because when the girls are asleep its important its completely dark.

Sorry to hear that my friend, I'd want my money back from the supplier. That's messed up, those are male plants, I don't any pistols at all..

Just my 2 cents..

I hope things get better..

That is BS man. If the guy is pushing Fem seeds, then you shouldn't be seeing those nuts at all. Those pollen sacs are already about to burst open, so there is no doubt that we aren't dealing with hermies here.

I would be very upset, and would make a visit to the store in person. Tell the guy you are going to spread word about his BS. I guarantee that will get his attention.

Other than that, you did a great job bro. Not what you want to see, but healthy nonetheless.

Wow man that's the pits.

At least they showed very fast, so you've only lost a month. If I have males I'll know after two months because they are so damn slow.

Hey all,

Its been pretty harsh for sure dealing with having 4/5 males, or so I thought,
I think maybe one of the BC's has been salvaged, BC2, which showed very few male preflowers, which I cut off and have not seen any more since. The runt KT is showing female preflowers, so this is one positive out of the mess.

I have gotten 10 seeds from the shop for free as I explained my situation to them. They are a G13 / Thai cross and were planted on this past Sunday, Dec 12. Two sprouted on Wed. and have been potted, another 4 have sprouted yesterday and I will pot them tonight. They were once again started using the water in a porcelain cup with plastic bag and holes poked in it for about 20 hrs or when I saw little rootlets, and then planted them into jiffy pucks that were pre soaked with tap water this time. Decided to skip the distilled as it's more $$ and last time it seemed to rob the plants of some nutes compared to the rich tap water.

So other than that times are good I am super christmas baked right now with tons of fresh pressed keif hash and some Jack Herer which we have been puffing on lately. Also the stash is about 1/2 - 2/3 gone... have put aside the top colas and some choice nugs of each variety (indica/sativa/hybrid). Its been really nice to have my own smoke to share and keep myself afloat with in tough times. Hoping that the current plants will grow to their potential and yeild some more meds before mine run out, but that is doubtful at this pace... :D

Anyways stay tuned, I have been lacking on the pics as the motivation levels dropped severely at the sight of all those balls. The dudes are out, there is one BEASTLY blue cheese that is LST'd and could possibly be male or hemie bue we'll see, and there is the KT which is showing all signs of being fem. Will be cloning both of these in the next week and putting the clones into flower to find out. The current veg room will be converted to flower room and the 2nd closet turned into veg soon too.
:hookah::cool:

Peace and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all , hope your nugs are large and your garden green.

You have had quite a time getting all those males, think I would just have sat down and cried!! Keeping my fingers crossed for your new batch~~:goodluck:

Tmac, at times I have wanted to. It totally killed all motivation for the grow, plus a few other things in my life have taken a lot of time away from the journal. Its a huge bummer but I think its maybe time to start it back again.

Time for an attempted thread resuscitation *CLEAR* and hopefully this time things will move forward continually, instead of the backwards steps of late. Go with the flow, baby.

Right now the growroom status: 1 big bushy K-train, that was the runt seedling, now has grown up nicely. I will post pics soon. It has been LST'd and is still kind of half way bent over , thinking this will be okay to grow out. The stem is strong, about a AA battery thickness at the base. She is showing female pre-flowers for the last week, needs a bigger pot, and is screaming to either toss some clones out or flower herself.

One question on clone/mother theory - should I keep this healthy mother and just clip clones, or perhaps get a few clones healthy, then use one of those clones as the mother and grow this girl out? Perhaps explaining the rest of the situation will help me decide.

There are 7 G13's, 4 of which are super vigorous and bushing out, ready for their transplants. I guess I will keep all 7 until sexing, but space wise this will be challenging.

I am looking at getting a 400w HPS real soon, as I have done the math and it makes sense, especially given how much of a pain in the A$$ it's been trying to get those CFL's sooo close every day. And now I feel that a 400w would be actually productive with the knowledge these first two grows have taught me.

Will be a lot going on in the next few weeks as the G13's enter 2-3rd weeks of veg soon, and the Ktrain gets cloned and possibly flowered, making a clone into new mother to save space.

As always , stay high and happy gardening, thoughts and comments are appreciated :)

:blunt:

Personally I take clones and put the "mother" to flower. Then when it/they show dump the clones that came from males. Then while vegging take more clones of the clones, flower the older ones. I have 4 kush about to be switched. Took 4 clones monday. They are looking great. For me this barely works for space reasons.... Like the clones will be ready to flower before the harvest. I need more growing space.
You could probably get a couple clones from her still, if you have the room.
Will be looking for photos!!

When I read the part about nanners I had to go back and see what was happening around the 20 day mark and sure enough.........

If you want a male plant you should lower the N amount and raise the K amount. (bloom nutes)

If you want a female plant you should lower the K and raise the N. (Veg nutes)

The 20 day mark is a very important time in the plants life. I would consider anywhere around day 16 to 25 to be critical times to get things right.

Hope that helps, just my .02 :peacetwo:

Personally I take clones and put the "mother" to flower. Then when it/they show dump the clones that came from males. Then while vegging take more clones of the clones, flower the older ones. I have 4 kush about to be switched. Took 4 clones monday. They are looking great. For me this barely works for space reasons.... Like the clones will be ready to flower before the harvest. I need more growing space.
You could probably get a couple clones from her still, if you have the room.
Will be looking for photos!!

Hey Tmac, thanks for the advice. I am going to go with that, flowering the big ol' Ktrain after taking a bunch of clones. It has tons of nodes from training so this should leave lots to bud.

When I read the part about nanners I had to go back and see what was happening around the 20 day mark and sure enough.........

If you want a male plant you should lower the N amount and raise the K amount. (bloom nutes)

If you want a female plant you should lower the K and raise the N. (Veg nutes)

The 20 day mark is a very important time in the plants life. I would consider anywhere around day 16 to 25 to be critical times to get things right.

Hope that helps, just my .02 :peacetwo:

Hey Saturn, I didn't change the nutes at all during that time, was using the veg nutes, but I believe it was a combination of other factors during those crucial days. I hope this time around, that things stay nice and female :)

Hi Growheart nice to see your back. Looking forward to see some pictures of the k-train and the G13's.

Good Luck!!! Lets cross our fingers for only female flowers this time:)

Hey BK, thanks man, so far so good, the Ktrain is showing tons of female pre-flowers and ready to clone / flower. The G's are too early to tell, but hoping that out of the 7 healthiest , at least a few are fems!

Cheers, and now for the pics.

Ktrain, & group. (she is kind of large, and screaming to be put under a 400w HPS - this will happen soon I hope :) )
BC_KT_G13Revive_01.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_06.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_07.jpg

The next are the G13's in order, the first 3 are in 2 gal pots, the remaining 5 are yet to be transplanted.

BC_KT_G13Revive_02.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_03.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_04.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_05.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_08.jpg

BC_KT_G13Revive_09.jpg

After looking back in preview, the 2nd and 3rd G13's are looking nice and dark green. Had been away for 3 days before today, great to see them picking up some growth speed.

Thanks for sticking around all, stay tuned for some more updates, though infrequent, but potentially could get interesting if I end up buying this 400w HPS - for another $150, my yeild could potentially triple / quadruple, and I would be fine with that :blunt: - just about to run out of my current stash from the first grow, sadly, though a few grams of each will be saved for sharing with friends. ;)

Just reading through your journal I see there were nute problems right in that critical point (20 days).

Sorry I can't help you. :peacetwo:

Pray for girls I guess? :goodluck:

Just reading through your journal I see there were nute problems right in that critical point (20 days).

Sorry I can't help you. :peacetwo:

Pray for girls I guess? :goodluck:

The nute problems were during the first batch of seeds, the Blue Cheese & K-train, of which there is 1 surviving healthy mother (pictured above).

This next set of G13's, has had no real problems, aside from being in low humidity and almost drying out once, but were quick to bounce back. They didn't seem to take off quite as quick as the BC's, though they are less expensive seeds. Still pretty happy with them, we have 6 now transplanted into 2 Gal pots, which are being LST'd a bit and 2 have been topped for now. They are all about 4-5" and growing quick. I will have to double check on the day , but they are in about the 2nd - 3rd week of veg.

Back
Top Bottom