Growing In MA 2nd Grow

420-magazine-mobile101217971.jpg

I'm using the FF feeding schedule. I just watered today with 1/2 strength nutes per the week 3 schedule. Next will be just water then week 4 feed, then flush. After the flush I will flip to 12-12.
They were thirsty today. Looking good except for my veg tent.
Something was eating the leaves so I mixed up a new spray bottle of neem oil extract and sprayed them. It looks like it's worked. No new damage.

Just watered with 1/2 strength nutes per the week 4 schedule. In about 3-4 days I'll do the flush and flip to flower. I'm so close, can't wait to start seeing buds!!

Here's some pics of the girls.

Veg tent.

420-magazine-mobile549522567.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1278389893.jpg

Power Skunk

420-magazine-mobile955983632.jpg

Bubble Summer

420-magazine-mobile1150745390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile596980597.jpg

Girl Scout Cookie

420-magazine-mobile194839715.jpg

Bag Seed #3

420-magazine-mobile1852688490.jpg

Clones 1-3 of the big girl that's in the flower room.

420-magazine-mobile188391661.jpg

And the flower room

420-magazine-mobile1914111698.jpg

Figured I'd store my nutes in the fridge that we're not using. It used to be my beer fridge but I don't drink that much anymore.

420-magazine-mobile930764894.jpg

So that's my update for today.
Go Pats!!!

Just finished the Sledgehammer flush.
Run off pH is at 6.3
I did a little LST and flipped her to 12-12.
It's been in Veg now for 3 months. Can't wait to start seeing buds!!

420-magazine-mobile240461913.jpg

420-magazine-mobile876865970.jpg

I also gave the plants in the Veg tent their first trim. I lost the two lemon haze clones. They just rotted and didn't make roots.

420-magazine-mobile951371576.jpg

420-magazine-mobile136125113.jpg

That's all for today. Have a great weekend!!

Oregon grower here. Still enjoy watching what people have going. Still learning myself. But I'm on my third outdoor crop and ive done one indoor so far. Learning to clone and play with those lately. But led grows intrigue me.

I love the lights I have and the plants Really like them too!! I'm hoping to grow a couple plants outside in the spring. I have a friend that has an outdoor grow going and his plants are over 12' and one stalk is as thick as a baseball.
If I could I'd hammer out a section of floor in my flower room and just plant in the ground lol. I don't think the wife would be ok with that tho.

Fed the plants in the tent today. They are looking yellow. I figured it's a nitrogen deficiency so I bumped up the nutes and hopefully that will correct it.

420-magazine-mobile705997486.jpg

Day 5 of flower.

420-magazine-mobile2046247341.jpg

:)

Couldn't help but go back downstairs and figit with the plants. The GSC got re potted to a nursery pot and the tall Bubble Summer and my Bag Seed #3 got re-potted to #5 pots.

GSC

420-magazine-mobile1772390156.jpg

Bubble Summer

420-magazine-mobile1754000160.jpg

BS #3

420-magazine-mobile390007651.jpg

All back home

420-magazine-mobile26316721.jpg

Fed the girls in flower today with full strength nutes.
Took some measurements. 18" from the soil and 2'9" wide.

Random comments:

When I first saw your home-built carbon filter, I literally laughed out loud. Then I remembered an old adage a friend picked up while in the army: "If it's stupid, but it works - then it isn't stupid."

Not that I thought your idea was stupid (please don't think THAT), but it was like... I thought, "That isn't going to work!" and then immediately read that it did exactly that, lol. And I see other signs of doing the best you can with what you've got - and doing it well. Nice!

I'd have been mixing to a target pH of 5.8, thinking of that more in terms of a hydroponic media than a soil one (as someone mentioned above, I think?). But if it works for you and your plants, then so be it. You can follow a book all the way through your grow, but if your plants fail, well, smoking that book probably won't be very satisfying ;) .

The turkey baster is for removal of the runoff, yes? I need to grab one of those (and some trays/saucers).

Props for using your runoff to advantage instead of pouring it into your local sewer system! I tried that once to little effect, but was using DWC at the time and was really wringing every last bit out of my solution that I could before changing it, so that's probably why.

I wish that my freezer was stocked as well as yours is.

What would we do without the little red cups? And what would the company do without us, lol? I've used more in and for a cannabis garden than I ever drank out of :rolleyes3 .

Were you in the navy? I guess the user name might be from riding motorcycles without following the "all the gear, all the time" strategy, but from your avatar...

I was bored one day and had all the materials and figured why not make my own filter. Yes it works really well but I need to upgrade the fan and when I do that I will make another filter.

Yes the baster is to suck out the run off. If I don't the humidity in the room would be too high.

My plants have seemed to like being fed @6.4- 6.5. My run off has been low 5's. You're so right about the book. I've messed up just relying on what people tell me. I'm learning from trial and error. pH lock sucks. I just have to be diligent and check pH, check pH, check pH!!

I try to be as frugal as possible without being cheap so dumping the run off into my tomatoes made sense. I'd never dump it down the town drain.

I'm with you on the solo cups. I have them for parties and growing. I drink my beer (Sam Adams) out of a glass!! ;)

Yes I'm a Navy Veteran. 3 deployments. Adapt, overcome has stuck with me.
The avatar was my job rating. BM

Oh, the "Bubble Summer" were given to me by a friend. I've never heard of them and I've tried researching them and can't find anything. Either he made up the name, screwed up the name or someone crossed some plants and created their own name. I'd love to learn what the hell they are.

My plants have seemed to like being fed @6.4- 6.5. My run off has been low 5's.

Ah. The explanation could be as "simple" :)icon_roll) as your medium affecting things. It's mostly coco, yes? Did you make sure that it was properly rinsed (by doing it yourself, just in case it didn't come that way) and then pretreat it with some kind of calcium solution in order to deal with some of its characteristics? Calcium nitrate is said to work well for this - it replaces the sodium and... phosphorous(?) ions that coco naturally accumulates - when it's still part of a living thing, whatever you call it - with calcium. And, IIRC, some folks add magnesium to the solution, too. To be honest, I'm kind of vague on all of that, lol. I have a link to an article (that explains such things much better than I could) buried in my bookmarks somewhere. If you're interested, I'll dig it out for you.

You're so right about the book. I've messed up just relying on what people tell me.

I'd look at the general... other peoples' knowledge as an excellent starting point. If someone knows nothing, or very little, it'll definitely help. But it's not like a set of furniture assembly directions. People's setups are different, strain choices are different, environments are different - even their own fundamental personalities differ (and this can affect a grow as surely as anything else can).

I'm learning from trial and error.

Excellent way to learn. As long as one understands/learns what went wrong as well as what went right (and why, on both counts). Er... On a good day, I remember this advice, myself ;) .

pH lock sucks.

You betcha. One wastes nutrients - and the plant begins to starve. Double whammy.

I just have to be diligent and check pH, check pH, check pH!!

I have no functioning probe for my pH meter. About to do a new grow and I'll be flying blind :rolleyes3 . One of the reasons I'll be starting with more plants than I reckon I actually need - some might end up being used as... "well, they're all hurting, let me try something different on one in order to see if it improves or dies." Kind of thing.

I try to be as frugal as possible

:thumb:. I read some years ago that many wealthy people are no more financially stable than poor people, in practical terms. The "rich" can end up living paycheck to paycheck just like us peons do, albeit for different reasons.

Being frugal isn't being cheap - it's an application of practical wisdom and common sense (IMHO).

I'm with you on the solo cups. I have them for parties and growing. I drink my beer (Sam Adams) out of a glass!! ;)

I actually saw SQUARE (sort of) Solo cups the other day. But they were only 18-ounce (and $3.something for a bag instead of a dollar), so I passed. I have come to the conclusion that 24-ounce ones just aren't sold in my area any more.

I don't do parties any more. Used to. Sooner or later, I always seemed to end up babysitting someone for the remainder of the weekend, beating the snot out of someone, or both. Kind of defeated the purpose. And I'm not as young as I used to be, lol - I end up not sleeping for a day or three due to life, so I don't require a party to induce it these days.

I've heard that's a decent beer. I probably tried it back when I was pretending to be a professional drinker; after all, I drank everything I could, whether it was made out behind someone's barn or imported from another country and named something unpronounceable. But I never could get... Beer just never appealed to me. For one, it wasn't flammable, and it all seemed to taste like I'd washed out my socks in it after going camping for a week and forgetting to pack more than the pair that were on my feet. <SHRUGS> Different strokes for different folks and all that. If I was drinking beer, it was usually whatever came in quarts or 40-ounce bottles and sold by the case/box of 12.

I don't really drink much at all any more. Might go a year or three without alcohol. Ironically, I tied one on just the other night (go figure). First time in a long time, probably be a long time before I do again. It doesn't seem to turn the brain off, unfortunately (or, depending on how you look at it, fortunately - I think they're supposed to give you something to make sure you're completely out before shoving the tube down your throat and pumping out your stomach, but if you've had enough they don't bother and... it's no fun at all when you realize what's going on and start fighting it).

Yes I'm a Navy Veteran. 3 deployments. Adapt, overcome has stuck with me.

I didn't do the service thing. Probably should have, but... Anyway, my buddy was on the Nimitz (early '80s, IIRC) and told me that NAVY stands for "Never Again Volunteer Yourself." He also said that a trash bag was good for exhaling your toke into and that the reactor room was one of the better places to get high because officers didn't venture into it without reason. IDK, could just be stories. He also told me that a good way to get a break was to grab an empty box and carry it around whilst looking put out and annoyed, because everyone would assume you were already dealing with more sh!t than they would have heaped on you. But I'd already figured that out when I found myself working for a complete pr!ck who talked me out of quitting when I put in my two weeks' notice (SIX times :rolleyes3 ).

I'm just rambling. Doctor prescribed two per day to keep my heart from exploding ;) .

Oh, the "Bubble Summer" were given to me by a friend. I've never heard of them and I've tried researching them and can't find anything.

I just tried using my search fu and couldn't find any information, either. Bastardization of "Bubblegummer," perhaps, IDK.

Yes please, if you can find it. No I didn't rinse it. It's pre-bagged. "Greentree" is the brand name. Didn't think I had to. My run off has been in the 6's Now. The 5's I mentioned was weeks ago. But definitely would love to learn more so it doesn't happen again.

Excellent way to learn. As long as one understands/learns what went wrong as well as what went right (and why, on both counts). Er... On a good day, I remember this advice, myself

Exactly, never be to big headed to admit you were wrong. Look on the positive, you've learned something new.

I have no functioning probe for my pH meter.

Not even a backup 3 drop test?

Being frugal isn't being cheap - it's an application of practical wisdom and common sense (IMHO).

Exactly! I can be both lol but I'm more frugal. If I'm spending $$ I'd like it to last.

I actually saw SQUARE (sort of) Solo cups the other day.

That's all I found the last run to Wally world.

I don't do parties any more. Used to. Sooner or later,

Yeah ours are more dinner parties. Im pushing 40. If we have ppl over we try do make it so we don't have dishes to clean.

I just tried using my search fu and couldn't find any information, either. Bastardization of "Bubblegummer," perhaps, IDK.[/QUOTE]

Possibly or he was just high, who knows

Back
Top Bottom