Guns Multi Strain Indoor Soil Grow 2019

I hope the hydro store did tell him that so we can laugh at him getting kicked in the shins before even an explanation. Lol.

I was trying to brew this tea to clean the roots in my DWC bucket but we apparently are not allowed bacillus in Canada. Like wtf. I wanted to use that and some root inoculant and some EWC. But no love. Every time I try to buy something in this country you can’t buy it. Gotta sign me up for that American lottery.
Yeah... it has to be incredibly frustrating. You all voted for him again though, so don't expect change soon. You need someone to come in next time to shake up things, open up your trade and make Canada Great Again... MCGA... I can picture the hats now. Have you ever noticed how similar the Maple leaf is to the Cannabis leaf? Maybe someone needs to start a protest... Just saying...

The dolomite lime was my idea. I was having problems earlier on and a couple people outside of this forum asked what my ph was. They told me I should I was check my ph. It stuck in the back of my head and got me paranoid lol. I’ve moved to bottles also for the fact that I wasn’t seeing much progress with just my soil. I tried researching my super soil and can’t find anything about what’s in it. It’s made by a company here in Nova Scotia that also sells worm castings, so I feel like they may just add some to the soil and that’s about it. Which got my worried that my soil may have lots of nitrogen sources in it, but not as much for anything else. I should have done a little more research before buying it. Next grow I think I’m going to buy all the products and mix my own recipe. As for this grow I think I’m going to let it run it’s course with what I’ve got, and when I switch to flower I’m going to pick up some botanicare pure blend pro bloom. Just so I know I have everything I need. This probably isn’t good for the microbes, but it’s got to be better knowing you’re plant is getting everything it needs rather then keeping the microbes thriving but not having all required nutes. Wouldn’t it? I wish I had the coin to buy an air pump and some stones and get the raw products to make some teas, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. Unfortunately that’s not an option atm. My wife’s due to deliver our baby boy in February, and I’ve been non stop trying to finish the renovations to our house before he gets here and money is tight as you can imagine lol.

Yeah... it has to be incredibly frustrating. You all voted for him again though, so don't expect change soon. You need someone to come in next time to shake up things, open up your trade and make Canada Great Again... MCGA... I can picture the hats now. Have you ever noticed how similar the Maple leaf is to the Cannabis leaf? Maybe someone needs to start a protest... Just saying...

Tell me about it. I sure didn't vote for him

Thanks... Definitely some deficiencies going on, and I don't think it is magnesium. I do see the big mistakes happening here. Liquid Karma and somehow thinking that you need to adjust the soil pH, with Dolomite Lime no less! Please tell me some "expert" at the hydro shop didn't recommend doing that because if so I would be tempted to jump in a plane tomorrow and come and kick him in the shins for you. You DO NOT have to adjust pH in an organic grow, and you NEVER EVER should try to adjust the soil pH during a grow by adding lime. That Liquid Karma stuff is poison to microbes and working with supersoil is all about keeping the grow organic so the microbes say alive. LK is definitely NOT an organic product. Nix the LK and bring in more microbes. Your feeding cycle has been compromised... get more microbes. More teas specific to the grow period are called for if you know how to make them or instead I highly recommend RealGrower's Recharge, URB or Voodoo Juice, each which will give you all the best microbes in one easy to use product. Stop thinking that you need to feed these plants in supersoil... that is what the supersoil was for. I am sure there are other microbial inoculation products out there by now, but those are my favorite recommendations, especially the very economical Recharge.
If you don't fix the feeding cycle by recharging your microbe population you will need to go to using regular nutes from a bottle... what you are giving now is not going to cut it.

Question. I’m about to water purple trainwreck (the plant with deficiency) in about 2-3 days and was wondering what would be your recommendation other than what you just told me. Should I flush? Or I also have about 2 litres of your homemade cal-mag, organic apple cider vinegar and burnt eggs shells. I also have some bio weed kelp extract for micro nutrients. Would any of this help the microbes or correct the problems you see in this plant?

Flushing would just make the problem worse, washing out more microbes and more available nutrients in the soil. My calmag does not have microbes in it that will be of any help and with the kelp extract you are still thinking along the mindset that it is you who needs to feed the plants, not the microbes, and besides that the kelp is mainly a vegetative period nutrient, not what is needed now. I gave you the best solutions I could think of... if of course it is your goal to fix this grow and keep it organic. You can always give up on this whole idea and start feeding the plants with a good line of nutrients, giving up on the whole supersoil and microbe thing... it is totally up to you.

Flushing would just make the problem worse, washing out more microbes and more available nutrients in the soil. My calmag does not have microbes in it that will be of any help and with the kelp extract you are still thinking along the mindset that it is you who needs to feed the plants, not the microbes, and besides that the kelp is mainly a vegetative period nutrient, not what is needed now. I gave you the best solutions I could think of... if of course it is your goal to fix this grow and keep it organic. You can always give up on this whole idea and start feeding the plants with a good line of nutrients, giving up on the whole supersoil and microbe thing... it is totally up to you.

Emilya, one more question. I may be able to come up with the coin for some voodoo juice. I’m just wondering. Can I feed my soil your cal mag recipe and or Epsom salts without harming the microbes? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Emilya, one more question. I may be able to come up with the coin for some voodoo juice. I’m just wondering. Can I feed my soil your cal mag recipe and or Epsom salts without harming the microbes? Thanks in advance for all your help.
There is nothing in my calmag or epsom salts that is not organic or not compatable with microbes. Good news on the Voodoo Juice... that will get you sorted quickly.

So I haven’t been able to find a small enough jug of voodoo juice in my area that I can shell out the money for atm. But I received an amazon gift card the other night for my birthday, so I bought a 16L/min air pump and some stones. So I’ll be brewing some tea hopefully by the weekend!! I already have some worm castings. I’ll be going down to my mothers this weekend and I’ll be grabbing some compost out of her pile that has been there for years. I’m super stoked.

Day 74
I’ve been really busy with everything else going on that I haven’t really been able to post any updates. I’ve been feeding the girls with the supplements listed earlier. My air pump hasn’t shown up yet but the minute it does I’m going to brew a tea. Purple is slowly coming around. AGAIN. Lol. I’m thinking within a week or two I’ll be flipping them. I’m not sure what to expect with stretch. It’s been so long since I’ve done this. My plan was to use a scrog net but I’m having second thoughts. It’s really going to be a pain in the ass watering them given how short they are.
8D2CD46B-4047-4F96-8BB2-C79F5DD49EE9.jpeg

critical orange punch #1
57774EEA-D4FC-47A7-BD60-9EE466D3E456.jpeg

COR #2
508DC47B-E4A8-4E92-9D4F-5108D00EC990.jpeg

Zkittlez
2C4C7171-8F2B-45A5-A932-4BD7CD0CBB18.jpeg

Purple Trainwreck
675F0640-E6C4-494C-9FF6-FD6DF35F11FE.jpeg

Height problem. Didn’t know there was such a thing lol

65681F46-FCA6-43C1-AFD8-AC2FEE593243.jpeg

Day 77.

My air pump came today. I have a brew going with a little over a gallon of water. I have 3/4 cup compost, 3/4 cup worm castings, 1/4 oatmeal and 1 1/2 Tbs black strap molasses. I’m going to let it brew until tomorrow morning and check to see how much microbe activity is there. If I feel it might be done by tomorrow night then I’ll add mycorrhizae, dr Mary Jane, and liquid kelp.

I built a scrog screen today. I was dreading how hard it would be to water. But in the end it will help with yeild, so it’s worth it.

48F31BDD-0424-4CDA-A2DB-55941AD9A478.jpeg

Nice screen. I was debating the same thing because of watering. I just went with LST with pipe cleaners and paper clips to do the same thing. Then I could still take the pots out to water.

Yeah, I was also lst’ing but with garden twist ties. My experience with a scrog screen is that it does a way better job for maximum canopy coverage. But you will hate your life if you ever have to flush. Lol

Day 81.
The compost tea turned out nicely. Unfortunately several hours after using it my pregnant wife went full raging hormones. She made a couple of comments and I ended up putting the plants out in our shed to die. The weather was -Celsius (30-23F). They were out there for a little more than 36 hours. After coming to her senses she told me to bring them back inside. I went out to get them and purple was of corse looking not so good being already in critical state. Skittles and one critical was looking also not so good. And the other critical was looking alright. I thought none of them would make it due to the frost, and the medium being frozen. After 24 hours the leaves are praying to the sun gods, and have grown about 2”. I can’t believe it. Critical orange punch has got to be the most resilient strains I’ve ever grown. I think I might switch to hps and flip them tonight. I’m running out of time with our son coming early Feb.
8E3D0C97-92D8-4A8E-884B-34999828F191.jpeg

Day 90.

And what I’m going to now call, 13 days after the flip. Since I had to put the girls out in the cold and in 12/12 light/dark they started their flower cycle. Even when I brought them back in a switched back to 18/6 I don’t think it did anything. I haven’t been able to make many updates with everything that’s going on in life right now. I’m running my own small business, working another full time job, trying to finish Reno’s and getting ready for our son to arrive.
I’ve had to removed the scrog net. It took me 2 hours to water the girls the first time after I installed it, so I said f*** that, lol. I’ve given them two worm casting teas with bio weed, pure blend tea, liquid karma, dr marijane root pro biotic, homeade cal mag and blackstrap. I have a bat guano tea going right now that I added some castings in, and I will be adding everything above again along with botanicare pure blend pro bloom. After this tea it will only be bat guano, liquid karma, pure blend tea, pure blend bloom, and homade cal mag. The guano I have has NPK of 0-10-4. I’ve been bending over branches left right and center lol

1C605062-B9B1-41F9-8789-4708570F5803.jpeg

69949933-199A-4ECB-A2D5-93D60E89B103.jpeg

Never fear... just because you are seeing a few pistils does not mean you are in the flowering cycle. As long as the growth tips keep putting out new green leaves, you are vegging. Sorry to hear about the hormone induced plant torture... you might want to keep pickles and chocolate ice cream handy for when that monster starts to rage. She does sound spirited at least!

I also flipped her a couple days after bringing her inside. I need these girls finished by the beginning of February. So we want flowers! Lol. I was going to let them veg a little longer and fill the tent. But things change. I should have also left purple outside to die but at this point the more the merrier. I think I’m probably only going to get 8 ounces at best. This coming spring I’m going to start some inside and throw them out in the yard for the summer. Right before they start to flower I’m going to set my tent up in my building. And flower them out there. I’ll only be able to grow outside of the house from now on, so I only get one grow a year lol. I should have a 6 month window. Plenty of time for veg and flower.

Back
Top Bottom