Hanging your harvest

so at harvest time can i hang my finished buds for drying in my tent or what
do you recommend?

yes you can. hang them in the dark. most recommend hanging them at 60% rh for 10 - 14 days before final trim and jar.
you want them hitting the jars with about 62% rh left in the buds. i normally jar them with a bit more and let it stabilize during the burping process.

you can use some boveda packs and small cheap hygrometers in the jars to make it easier. it's a bit of an art and may take a couple of harvests for you to get it dialed in.

normally due to my conditions i generally hang for a shorter period. the important thing is to get them in the jars with enough rh% to complete them in the burping process and cure time.

so at harvest time can i hang my finished buds for drying in my tent or what
do you recommend?
You can hang them in the tent after trimming or wait on the trimming until after they have dried.

My preferred method is to trim and then cut the stems with buds down to size and put it into a brown paper bag. The bag can be placed just about anywhere in the house where it will be a constant temperature and dark. Closets are nice or a shelf in a cabinet. Check every day and most of the time when I used that particular method they were dry enough to be put into jars for curing in 5 to 7 days.

Now-a-days I use the 'low and slow' method of putting the bag into the refrigerator. The lower temperatures mean it will take a bit longer to get to a dry stage. about 7 to 15 days. In the end that method is more forgiving if the bags are left in a day or two too long.

Since I was growing with a perpetual style of grow I did not have the option of using a tent or the flowering cabinet so after a bit of research and reading I tried the paper bag on a shelf method. Then I read about the fridge method and have been using that for the last 3 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom