Has anyone re-used there organic soil for next grow? or in tea's?

Hey everyone....

Was curious if anyone re-uses there soil from previous grows..either by mixing it in with new soil mixtures, or by using it in a "tea bag" fashion with your poop teas...

I figured since most guano's take a while to break down and can release nutrients for quite a long time, as well as having a very active microbiology going with that soil, wouldn't this help jumpstart things? anyone done this?

I use FFOF and I re-use it as a tea after it has been composted with other goodies for a considerable time. I definitely wouldn't suggest knocking off the root ball and immdiately re-using because of the dead roots remaining and going through the "breaking down" process in an active grow. Also, you really have no idea of whats left in the soil and I'm much more comfortable starting a new grow, knowing what I'm working with right off the bat. Also great for ammending outdoor soil if you have a veggie garden.

Good Lord yes!

I reuse my mix for about 3 years till the peat moss finally gets too broken down.

Some stuff, like greensand takes a good year before it even starts working good.

No, I don't use it in teas. Have 2 worm bins for that. Re amend that used mix and plant again.

I have better results with re amended used mix than I do with fresh mix.

DD

Thanks for you guys input! I will be keeping some of the old soil and mixing it into the new, as well as using it for tea's....

I usually remix the old soil with fresh soil. Last time I flushed the soil pretty well, let it dry out and mixed about 50:50 with new (fox farm ocean and perlite with a little dolomite lime). It seemed to work just fine.

As long as the last batch of plants were healthy it should be okay.

I'm currently cooking up about 30 gallons of used soil with amendments.. It looks great right now, but has another 3 weeks to cook before I'm going to use it.. I mixed it pretty hot so it's going to be used with plain soil

Back
Top Bottom