Hash Hounds OC - Afrodite - Cream Carmel - AK47 - Querkle

Nice pics Hash Hound. I guess the CC high maybe like white widow because of the white rhino= WW X Afgani. Ak 47 is on my to do list also, nice yielder. Can't wait for the smoke reports.

:welldone:
Flip

Flipper,

Test bud earlier not quite as intense as the WW, but close. Nice stone from a bud picked a few days ago. Seeing a few more amber each day. Like I said earlier, hope to chop her Saturday.

AK47 Harvested

Pulled the AK today was 10 weeks from 12/12 and picked on full moon day.
Here are some picks

the main cola
AK47_harv_10wks_cola.jpg

buds
AK47_harv_10wks_top_1.jpg

AK47_harv_10wks_top_2.jpg

AK47_harv_10wks_top_3.jpg

all
AK47_harv_10wks.jpg

Cream Carmel Harvested

Harvested the Cream Carmel today 10 weeks since 12/12 and picked on full moon day.
Started to see a little bud rot just starting.

Here are some pics.

CC_flwr_10wks_harv_top_1.jpg

CC_flwr_10wks_harv_top_2.jpg

CC_flwr_10wks_harv_top_3.jpg

CC_flwr_10wks_harv_top_4.jpg

CC_harv_10wks.jpg

HH your harvest looks great man!! :goodjob: I was wondering what you thought of the OC+. Do you think that it may delay flowering at all or with you combining DMRed were no delays apparent? I was hoping my possible delay could be me originally using just OC+ and not a def in P or K due to ph issues. Either way I flushed and a couple of waters later added AN jungle juice bloom, SS utlra, and calmag for my hempy. Ph issue arrise due to me leaving all of my ffof soil around roots after transplant it threw my ph off a bit for a couple of weeks before I think I adjusted properly. 5.8-6.0 4weeks and my Auroras are green but puny buds I thought I should have thicker buds like the bagseeds one I have in there, but not sure. Thanks. Man yours look very nice:thumb:

Voltron,

Thanks for stopping by. I have been using a combo of OC+ and DM on all but the first grow, and with the other few goodies I toss in there it seems to work well. I hate to even try anything different since most of my plants look like they have been so healthy. I do need more perlite in the mix though. My partner likes to water and the mix I have now can probably go a week before the leaves would wilt. Would also like to try hempy again. He could water that every other day or so.

I would like to really try something different though even if only on one plant. I have used Puerblend before and I like what I see in the Dynagro line. Dynagrow seems to have the most complete nutriens I have seen so far in this chart,, Fertilizer Product Database Both fairly inexpensive. My friend grows decent bud with MG so I don't want to get caught up in the expensive nutes. Actually I would like to go more organic.

can you tell i'm rambling. I just did two hits of the Afrodite and it's gooood.

Getting to the delay of flowering, I'm not sure. They seemed to be right on this time. 9 weeks if you go by the first sign of hairs, 10 if you go by 12/12. Which is soon compared to some of my other grows. I don't see how these guys get plants to finish in 7 weeks, that's crazy.

As for ph, I have only used one of those cheap 3-1 meters. I heard you don't need it if you have good soil and good water. Also the plants are so healthy, it must be in the good range since I see no problems. I will eventually get a good one.

Voltron,

Thanks for stopping by. I have been using a combo of OC+ and DM on all but the first grow, and with the other few goodies I toss in there it seems to work well. I hate to even try anything different since most of my plants look like they have been so healthy. I do need more perlite in the mix though. My partner likes to water and the mix I have now can probably go a week before the leaves would wilt. Would also like to try hempy again. He could water that every other day or so.

I would like to really try something different though even if only on one plant. I have used Puerblend before and I like what I see in the Dynagro line. Dynagrow seems to have the most complete nutriens I have seen so far in this chart,, Fertilizer Product Database Both fairly inexpensive. My friend grows decent bud with MG so I don't want to get caught up in the expensive nutes. Actually I would like to go more organic.

can you tell i'm rambling. I just did two hits of the Afrodite and it's gooood.

Getting to the delay of flowering, I'm not sure. They seemed to be right on this time. 9 weeks if you go by the first sign of hairs, 10 if you go by 12/12. Which is soon compared to some of my other grows. I don't see how these guys get plants to finish in 7 weeks, that's crazy.

As for ph, I have only used one of those cheap 3-1 meters. I heard you don't need it if you have good soil and good water. Also the plants are so healthy, it must be in the good range since I see no problems. I will eventually get a good one.

HH, that's what I like about growing you can mix it up a lil if you like! But there is nothing wrong with stickin with what works:) I am still in the exploring beginning stages and have yet to find my one thing that works well. My first grow was a DWC that I had to pull early but overcame some problems in the beginning thru veg and flower that strenghen my grow knowledge, this is my third grow and second time with hempy. First one turned out nice, wrkn on this one first time with purchased seeds.
Everything is green an healthy looking so it could just be me... there I go rambling, you can do that with that aphrodite flowing lol. I currently use test strips for ph, but need a better solution the one I p/u after original ran out only ph to 6 so I kinda have one eye closed and the other squinted so ph looks good by my estimates and other plants in tent that has more growth on same schedule. For my organic grow an BPN I shouldn't have any worries with ph problems:thumb: +reps to you for your journal too bro :goodjob:

Bud Shots

Here are a few early bud shots. Manicured yesterday and put into large tin cans. The smoke is:

AK,,, More of an uppy sativa social high.
AK47_harv_top_1.jpg

AK with flash
AK47_harv_top_1f.jpg

Cream Carmel,,, More of a chillin indica night time smoke, good pain killer.
CC_harv_top_1.jpg

Cream Carmel with flash
CC_harv_top_1f.jpg

Afrodite - Cream Carmel - AK47 smoke report

Since it was only picked 10 days ago I guess this should be considered a preliminary test report, but I doubt it will change much.

Afrodite gets a B
Nice all around smoke, comes on a little strong then levels out. Nice for chillin, and if you have to get something done you can. Good for laughs with friends.
black peppery taste.

Tutankhamen (AK47) gets a B+
Nice all around smoke, sort of creeps a little. Enjoyable socializing. Sort of piney scent and taste. breaks up nice.

Cream Carmel gets an A+
This goes on the list of some of the best pot I've smoked. Right up there with the White Widow last grow. Puts you at that certain level of stone that is just right. Good for relaxation and pain relief, long lasting.
And what a nice fruity smell. It smelled like cantaloupe while growing. Now it's sort of like fruity leaning towards the white grape side. The few that have had the pleasure of smoking it love it.

Best grow yet HH. I have both DM Red an OC plus and am scheming on mixing some local garden soil (Sta-Green)3 parts soil and 2 parts Perlite using your ratio in 3 gallon posts which I figure would be 4.5 tablespoons OC plus and 1 tablespoon DM Red. I have SnowStorm ultra and will use Molasses also. This will be in a wick system, should I PH the water? It comes from the tap at around 7.1 usually.

TY Dr.RedWhite,

My pots were 4 gal and I used about that much. And supposedly you can't over feed with the CRF's.

I am not sure about using wicks with the OC. Not sure how it would work with a soil that has a consistent wetness. If anything, when you fill the reservoir or to top it off, I would water from the top and let it leach through to the reservoir. I used wicks over 20 years ago and it worked fine using MG.
I have asked about using wicks with OC in a few other posts, and most think it's not the best for CRF's. I will be interested in seeing your results.

Also I will be trying to go a little more organic next time. I have a lot of unexplained health problems including weight loss of 30 lbs over the last year and a half. I don't want to blame the nutes I am using, but I started loosing weight shortly after I started smoking my own bud. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. No one else smoking it seems to be having any problems. I have 2 very stressful jobs, and that may be the root of the stomach problems and the weight loss. On the plus side, smoking is the only thing that gives me an appetite some times or I might have lost even more weight.

Loading up some soil with organic stuff might be a little more involved than sprinkling OC into the mix, but just as easy when its done, just add water for the most part.

OOPs forgot about the ph question.

I don't mess with the ph since its soil, and most don't worry about ph in soil. I see no need to since most of the time my plants look so lush and healthy. Speaking of lush and healthy, that's why I am a little hesitant to try the organic route. I hate to mess with what's working so good, but I need to figure what's making me sick.
I have one of those cheap probes that test moisture, light, and ph all in one. It seems to be in the normal range when I do test it, but I doubt they are that accurate.

I have used test strips to test the water, and it seems to be in the color range that shows between 6.5 and 7 so I guess my water is good for starters.

If you are going to grow at least 2 plants of the same strain, you can try OC in both, one with the wick and one without to see the difference for your self.
One of the only decisions to make when growing with OC is when to water, it's that easy. Wick would even make it simpler.

I have been using wicks with CRF's since I started growing with them. I used Lilly Miller CRF's on my last grow, got em cheap and tested them. They worked just fine as did the test with Red Dynamite. I expect OC+ to do the same. The plants grown with Lilly Miller crf's did not burn as cleanly as I would have liked though. I did add some Jobe's organic stuff in a container grow that had as a main fert the Lilly Miller crf and it worked out fine. If you are experiencing weight loss go to a doctor!

I would like to lose some weight myself, I would worry a bit about losing more than 10 pounds or so without trying though. Wish all the relatives would go home so I could pot up my plants! 4 plants on a reservoir of 20 gallons under a 400 watt HPS strung vertically. I have a chicken wire cage around the light so I don't have to worry about the plants growing into the light. What I like about CRF's is the low maintenance and excellent results.

I have also been having problems feeling extremely cold all the time. And it seems like I am cold from the inside out. Like my bones are cold and it moves outward. Doctor said welcome to old age.

It's like some times with some weeds, the first hits of the day make my whole body seem cold and I shivver, and lasts for about 20 minutes then mellows and I warm up.

I have never been a real fan of cold weather. And now that I'm skin and bones its even worse.

The other day my friend said he actually heard me shivering. Of course we were in his basement where it's probably below 65.

When I visit my gf, I rarely even take off my jacket in her house. I have on a tshirt, long sleeve shirt, hoody and a jacket and I's still cold and she is sitting there in a t shirt.

Back
Top Bottom