Hash Hounds OC - Afrodite - Cream Carmel - AK47 - Querkle

excellent mini microscope 45x

This is the best microscope I have found so far and the cheapest. Under $4.

I can't believe it ships from China and got to my house in 3 days.

I ordered 3 more and it took a week, still good.

The actual size is small, about the size of a small match box.

The focus is very good, and has a good depth of field focus. And the LED is VERY bright.

It says it's brass, but I doubt that.

Amazon - SE Mini 45X Brass Microscope w/ Illuminator

mini_microscope.jpg

Re: excellent mini microscope 45x

This is the best microscope I have found so far and the cheapest. Under $4.

I can't believe it ships from China and got to my house in 3 days.

I ordered 3 more and it took a week, still good.

The actual size is small, about the size of a small match box.

The focus is very good, and has a good depth of field focus. And the LED is VERY bright.

It says it's brass, but I doubt that.

Amazon - SE Mini 45X Brass Microscope w/ Illuminator

mini_microscope.jpg

just ordered mine right now, been looking for a new one and that one looks just right. rep for the link :bravo:

Quite a grow you got going on. I'm interested in seeing how your Querkle cross doing. For males I normally grow them until they about to bust the sack, then I move them in the restroom. Turned off the fans in the flowering room before moving the males out. Lay down some newspaper and shake the pollen in over it, in the restroom while have the ventilation going.

Then, bring in any plants (small) you like to pollinate and use a brush run it over the newspaper and dabble onto some bud sites. Shake the pollinated plant slightly to dust out any access pollen. Then move the pollinated plants back into the flowering room. Discard the male plant or trim it down and take out the pollen sack and reveg it (if you like to keep the father around for future breeding). Is not 100% proof but will allow you to selectively pollinate the ones you want without having all buds with seeds.

On the bright side you'll have plenty of seeds to grow from and don't have to order any seeds for a while.

TY T12. I'm interested in the original Querkle also. Haven't had a chance to sample it yet, 3 males a no sprout and the last one just popped the dirt last week. Hope its a girl.

The Afrodite x Querkle seeds are real mature looking. Dark and spotted. And I have almost a full cigar tube full of them. One's I tested in paper towels sprouted roots over nite. I tried one in soil and it sprouted in 3 days. I left it to vege in a 16 oz cup for two weeks, then over to the flower room where I set it on the top of another plants pot to see what happens. It has stretched like crazy for light and is like 6 inches between the nodes. Now I set it off to the side of the room to see what happens. I did see hairs today. I will try to pollinate her this weekend to get some more Querkle back in to the mix. (Afro x Q) x Q. I think I'll call her Afro Queen.

The Cream Carmel seeds are mature and big, but not really dark spotted type maturity, more of a light brown or gray. Tested about 6 in paper towels and nothing. A few direct in soil, and again nothing. I am wondering if they need to dry out a little or something to become more viable.

I haven't messed with the AK47 x Querkles yet. I'm going to toss a few in dirt this weekend to see what happens. For the most part they look like the CC, but there are a few dark ones.

I have a 4th generation White Widow clones that I also pollinated with some of the pollen I had in the frige today. We'll see what happens. The WW is the best pot I have smoked in a long time, and the CC is a close second.

I am testing seeds in paper towels and dirt just to see if the they are viable and I put 5 of the AK x Q in towels last night about 6pm, and at 2pm today one of them cracked and has a curly root about 1/2 inch long. Less than 24 hrs

The CC x Q I have been having problems with finally sprouted a 1/4 inch root at 6pm also. I stuck it in dirt and at 2pm today when I checked it sprouted out of the dirt already. :yahoo:

I have heard several times that you should wait 3 months after the seeds finish to try and germinate them. I have also heard if you want them to germinate put them in the freezer first. I haven't tried the freezer trick but I do wait the 3 months before trying to germinate them. I did make some AKxWhite Widow seeds but they were soooo stinky I couldn't grow them. However things have changed and I have two big females at the end of stretch right now.

The AK x Q was in dirt and came up over nite also. I am relieved I have a bunch of seeds to work with in the future if obtaining more becomes a problem.

I grew out one of the Afro x Q already and it turned out male today so he was pulled.

Dr.RW,,,I might be getting more males from vegging under HPS. I have read that may cause more males.

Vapin,,,TY, it's an on going learning experience. I keep picking Docs' brain and a few others and I am improving with each grow. As much as I like the OC+, I do want to go more organic in the future. It's hard to switch when plants look so healthy. I started a few in 32oz cups with a little OC+ even though at least one will end up in some organic soil to see what happens.

Also organics needs a little more time and room for supplies. I am doing this small scale for head stash with 3 or 4 plants at a time. I am not mixing up soil in large tubs or cement mixers. Some pre mixed organics like Peace of mind or Dr. Earth will be my next experiment. Toss one of them in a 5 gl bucket along with some other additives and see what happens. And a tea concentrate of some form. Either Bountea tabs, or Stump Tea powder to make some tea for watering. I don't have the opportunity to brew tea on a regular basis. So I will have to make do with what I can.

It really isn't much of a bother to make some "tea" and I am adding it to my OC+ plants mostly to get some microbial action going and at the same time I don't want to create a bizarre ecosystem in my reservoir. I am so busy most of the time I just can't go full organic and don't want to put in the time it takes to do it. Adding to that even real hydro, if you pick the right nutrients tastes and smells great with the added benefit of probably twice the yield. Once I retire I may have plenty of time to "cook" soil and probably will but till then I will stay with "semi" organic OC+ and real Hydro.

The last 12 seeds I popped were started under CFL's and as soon as they stood up were put under a 150 watt HPS. I had two hermies and the rest females. This was supposed to be a seed run so now I am waiting for the female pollen from my diesel and going to have to make seeds next run. Plus the Coco Kush plant is a possibility too but it is starting to look like the gifter may have been wrong in it's being a male.

I am following Granny 420's thread on using coloidial silver to make feminized seeds and it seems to be working. A slow process but with big rewards. And yes the Coco Kush is a female!

Hash< Hi im Keith new here just browsing through peoples progress, I have some plants that are at the point of your pic 2 veg state, They are probable a little bigger, When do I start to see more progress? im a little over a month, im on a 18/6 no flowering bulbs yet still white floros, heres a pic of mine

https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps...pg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&limitsize=615,500

I have been getting help but your pic 2 is exactly where im at :high-five:

thanks for stopping by Keith.

If you mean post #2 the Afro had 8 wks veg and the others had 4 but they were all in 2nd week of 12/12.

They really start to take off after that.

The link to your pic didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom