New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

keith1074

I am having some difficulties and would like to know where I am going wrong, My lower leaves are starting to get little brown spots, My fan leaves have fallen off already, I am concerned I am doing something really wrong here and need to correct or almost a month down the tubes.. I have 4 pics for you to see what I am doing and where I am at, Please dont bust my balls please!

The heat in my room im growing it in is always at about 76-78 degrees
I am growing with 2 four foot 32watt flouro about 8 inches or so away from the plants, I have a humidifier that I just brought into the room due to dryness(please correct me if I am worng, And god i hope people see this..I dont know anything about PH N,P, And any of that, I thought with a good soil and propper lighting you could grow ok

2_1_5.jpg

Heres my rinky dink grow room, Probably all wrong but live and learn!

21073.jpg

Re: Hi New Farmer here.Please help

Well from my pics does my plant look unhealthy? I can get a better pic, This I just noticed over night and yesterday. I have another one next to it that dosnt have that problem, I know just from looking you cant really tell, but if you have experience which i think you do could you just gimme what you think by looking? I can give you a close up, The one that you see kinda wrinkled , the one above it is now starting to shrink and shrivel, I think It may be a heat issue, I have no place where I am at to make a grow room, I am just doing it free range in my corner of my room with a 5 foot piece of cardboard surrounding it and covering it.I also have a dual fan in the far corner of my room ocilating air to its area and a humidifier for its purpose, Please help, I can read all day but from sosmeone who knows the info would be better Im a big rookie and living and learning here, I am sad that its dying i think.Lots of time goes into it and i feel like a failure

Hey Keith welcome to :420:.....well your gonna need to do alittle reading my man that's all....she looks good....a month in is now way past your first nute cycle.....you know like when you work 80 hrs in one week and lose like 10 pounds from NOT eating.....she's hungry.......that's all....she is looking for a serious dose of Nitrogen and cal/mag and zinc and sulfer and potassium and alittle phos and.....ah she's just hungry.....what kind of soil is she in and how big is that pot?.....I recommend getting those floros even closer like within 5-6 inches....she's got a tiny stretch.......your temps are great BUTTTTTTT....you need......I repeat ......you need to monitor your PH.....everyday.....and learn about the chemistry behind being a green thumb.....this site is so great.....all the answers are here...hope this helps.....word my man

Wow Keith so is she getting total darkness for 6 hours....she needs too...NO LIGHT....photosynthesis my man....and that box...yikes ...put her in the closet instead......white wall....flat white walls reflect light the best....not the heat....and stop being an EE-Or....your doing great....you just need to tighten it up...take it slow buddy....baby steps....looks good so far...word

Oh yeah man 18/6 I was 24/0 but i thought it needed darkness too, MAn if you can help me out with this, Not askin ya to hold my hand but I am like a new mommy LOL, Im checking it 20 times a day lol, But I am on my way now to pick up some of what you told me, How much of a solutions should I make? I have no PH tester. I am broke azz, It cost me less than 50 to get going, Soil is hyponex probably a cheapo and Miricle grow moisture control mix together, BRB im going to Home Depot to get nutients

Yo Keith buddy.....be careful with nute selection.....I'm an FOXFARMS and BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS man....home depot isn't going to have those....MG is going to cause you too lose ALL control....those nutes are timed release.....makes it difficult to fade from stage to stage.....find a non time release my man....and get that PH meter......your looking for nitrogen now......do your homework.....do just run out and get shit......

I meant DONT just run off and buy shit you don't need.....

Do you have a hydroponics store in the area?.....if not I would shop online for nutes....you'll get them soon enough by mail if you don't have a store close......our sponsor is awesome..(BPN)......your stage right now is equivalent to Grow Big and Big Bloom....

Don't forget to not have the fans blowing directly on the girls....just circulating air around the closet....and you need more light...have you looked into CFLs?.....you know like 4-6 bulbs 23w 6500k would be better ... And cooler temps fosho.... What do you plan on doing for the heat build up in the closet?.....and fresh air in?...word it's alot I know....but so fun isn't it...

Welcome to 420 Keith...You have the right one telling you how to get started. Vince was also there for me when I first started and he practically held my hand for awhile. Then he slowly started to ween himself away when he figured I was ready to get going on my own. Now I am on my second grow and has a little bit of a perpetual thing going now.

It's ok to be a little frantic, it is your first grow and you wanna do everything right. Just keep in mind it is your first grow so you're also bound to make mistakes along the way. How I look at it is, if the plant isn't dead then you're on the right path..lol.. At this stage right now, you're trying to learn all you can about your plants needs and how to apply them. Hopefully by the end of your first grow you will start learning how to understand what your plants need just by looking at them.

As for nutes, I am with Vince. I use our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients. If you've read through some of the journals here, you will see a lot of the forum members do too. We kinda swear by it. And it is much cheaper than Foxfarm though FoxFarm soil is good to use, that's what I use to use before I switched to coco coir.

Just by looking at the pic, your plant seems to look good so far.

Oh yeah man 18/6 I was 24/0 but i thought it needed darkness too, MAn if you can help me out with this, Not askin ya to hold my hand but I am like a new mommy LOL, Im checking it 20 times a day lol, But I am on my way now to pick up some of what you told me, How much of a solutions should I make? I have no PH tester. I am broke azz, It cost me less than 50 to get going, Soil is hyponex probably a cheapo and Miricle grow moisture control mix together, BRB im going to Home Depot to get nutients
How can you buy nutrients and not buy the ph and ppm meter needed? Rookie mistake! I did the same thing on my first grow and my grow suffered..I did learn not to try and guess. After you get a few grows under your belt you can get close at guessing, but every nutrient you add to your water effect the ppm and ph. Sometimes my water requires 25 drops of PH up and other times when I am feeding my girls just water and cal mag the mixture only requires 3 to 5 drops of ph up...It eliminates so many problems. Also add 5 mil of cal mag with every water. I was doing it every other water and when I went to every water they thrived....

Vince 420 and Queen thanks for your help, I just got back from a place called Worms way its online if you feel like looking at the site, I am not spamming for it in any means, I just went there today for my first time, Im about me right now and not them lol, Anyways I got Bat Guano its a 10-1-1 so I made a gallon and doubled the dose so it got a 20-2-2 I will buy the other additives as I get money, I am broke azz like i said b4 so doing only what I can. I have distilled water for the Guano mix and I am letting it sit to get all its nutrients in the water. Also I gave the one plant I am bummed out about an early drink, One of her leaves are dry as heck, I also moved them into my closet as you see my Girlfriend and partner in grow had mentioned as I was on the way to the store, Got caught up on a little side road if you know what I mean! So with this said did I expand the life of my plant, I will keep you posted as I see fit.. Promice I wont bug the shit out of ya, well at least not that bad, As I am a Pot head and dont get too worked up about much!

You guys are beast, appreciated much, wish I could share with all of you!

In Pot we trust!
:thanks:

Vince 420 and Queen thanks for your help, I just got back from a place called Worms way its online if you feel like looking at the site, I am not spamming for it in any means, I just went there today for my first time, Im about me right now and not them lol, Anyways I got Bat Guano its a 10-1-1 so I made a gallon and doubled the dose so it got a 20-2-2 I will buy the other additives as I get money, I am broke azz like i said b4 so doing only what I can. I have distilled water for the Guano mix and I am letting it sit to get all its nutrients in the water. Also I gave the one plant I am bummed out about an early drink, One of her leaves are dry as heck, I also moved them into my closet as you see my Girlfriend and partner in grow had mentioned as I was on the way to the store, Got caught up on a little side road if you know what I mean! So with this said did I expand the life of my plant, I will keep you posted as I see fit.. Promice I wont bug the shit out of ya, well at least not that bad, As I am a Pot head and dont get too worked up about much!

You guys are beast, appreciated much, wish I could share with all of you!

In Pot we trust!

I have 2 plants inside one rubbermaid 10 gallon and about 6 more in one gallon cleaned out milk jugs with holes in the bottom for drainage, I know i got a micky moused set up but i have the right lighting and my room is always to the temp it should be, Now i just need to add in the right nutrients, So like I said I have Bat guano one gallon mixture as i said in my other post.If you want to see what I got i will show you if you want

I have 2 plants inside one rubbermaid 10 gallon and about 6 more in one gallon cleaned out milk jugs with holes in the bottom for drainage, I know i got a micky moused set up but i have the right lighting and my room is always to the temp it should be, Now i just need to add in the right nutrients, So like I said I have Bat guano one gallon mixture as i said in my other post.If you want to see what I got i will show you if you want

Oh please do, we love to see pics, show us what you got. As for your set up, hell I wish I could afford some of the set ups some people have on here. But you gotta work within your budget. I am known for ghetto fabulous set up or containers. I like to use what I have around me until I can afford to get the things I need. I may get one at a time but I get it if it's in my budget. And sometimes I make small sacrifices which is what I did to get my hps light a few weeks ago. But you know there is also great DIY links you can check out. The guys are quite creative.

Keith be careful of how much bat shit you give them at once....beginning doses are very small....your gonna love the closet better......what lighting are you going to use when thier ready for flowering?.....flo's won't due...unless you've got the right spectrum and lots of them....I suggest only flo's for veggin.....Aaanndd yes more pics bro.....Queen isn't joking....as a matter of fact....she's quite the avid grower now and you should listen to what's she's saying too.....she has wonderful journals for you to look through.........:peace: Queenie....word

Keith be careful of how much bat shit you give them at once....beginning doses are very small....your gonna love the closet better......what lighting are you going to use when thier ready for flowering?.....flo's won't due...unless you've got the right spectrum and lots of them....I suggest only flo's for veggin.....Aaanndd yes more pics bro.....Queen isn't joking....as a matter of fact....she's quite the avid grower now and you should listen to what's she's saying too.....she has wonderful journals for you to look through.........:peace: Queenie....word

Aww thanks, Vince...I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for you, Aston, and a few others. I would still say I am a novice grower since I am only on my second grow. But I do have things more tuned in now. My journals are simplistic at best. I don't have a lot of information that most journals have like ppms and other stuff. I haven't really gotten that far and am still trying to buy some of the basic things I need for my grow still...like another ph meter...sorry got to rambling. But I am subbed for your journal, Keith. So, if you have any questions feel free to ask. If I know the answer, I will provide it or at least point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom