New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

Re: Hi New Farmer here. Please help

well lets see I would say you should trim down those jugs it should be only an inch about the soil level... and you have drainage holes in the bottom of them and that bucket with the 2 in it right?? and you have a fan blowing around them to make their stems strong???

your babies are lookin healthy!!! your just being a first timer for sure!!! LOL!!! pretty soon you will notice that you notice nothing change about them til you look at pictures of them weeks later or even days later... I sat there with my first grow and didn't really notice anything for like 2 weeks, then I looked at photos of them and noticed how tall she had gotten...

I can't tell you if your pictures are safe... you have to check the Geo location on your phone!!! this is a smartphone that you are using correct???

:peacetwo:

Yes its a droid has a gps locator and that sux, Also Im in Ma, I know people from Mass look at this But I dont think I am completely worried, I am not a cartel LMAO. But I have lots of holes in theb ottom of the containers yes, I am not over watering, After I soaked them from Bat Guano last week I am waiting for the containers to get lighter and I stick my finger deep in the soil to see how dry we are, And when I do water I dont go over board,The next watering I give them will be with the Cal Mag solution, After that what nutes should I add into it or should I be ok? That one light I have is not enuff light, I am going this week to buy another so that I will have 4 32 watt 3000 lumen bulbs going, And For flowering I am going to get some yellow lights, But can I combine the yelow and white together? Like one yellow one whiute in each fixture? I have so many questions but I will leave it at this for now!:thanks:

Ahhh-ha....Keith my man...you are already on the ball here....very nice...crazy how fast this site and it's amazing peeps spread the love.....I couldnt see those last pics....but the light change will be awesome....STUPID PATS...they will be loving the cal/mag....are yOu using RO water?.....annnddddd did you get that PH meter yet?...word

I would only combine lighting in flower....that's just me...I typically have my 600w hps and my 20,000 lumen veg cfl bar running too...gives me like 80,000 lumens or so.....for flower.....

Wow 20,000 lumens as opposed to 6000 lol big difference vince, well the ph tester will be on wed when i get my taxes, they want 17 bucks a bulb for the yellows, and Man them Pats broke my heart LOL, I wont watch sports center for at least 2 weeks now, I did it last loss I will do it again. You really couldnt see the last pics?they look good I will post some using 420's methods and then I am sure you will see them. I notice my leaves are perking up at nigh and lax during the day! I feel really good seeing then do that, feels like im doing something right. i will repost in about an hour gotta grab a sammich! :high-five:

Yes its a droid has a gps locator and that sux, Also Im in Ma, I know people from Mass look at this But I dont think I am completely worried, I am not a cartel LMAO. But I have lots of holes in theb ottom of the containers yes, I am not over watering, After I soaked them from Bat Guano last week I am waiting for the containers to get lighter and I stick my finger deep in the soil to see how dry we are, And when I do water I dont go over board,The next watering I give them will be with the Cal Mag solution, After that what nutes should I add into it or should I be ok? That one light I have is not enuff light, I am going this week to buy another so that I will have 4 32 watt 3000 lumen bulbs going, And For flowering I am going to get some yellow lights, But can I combine the yelow and white together? Like one yellow one whiute in each fixture? I have so many questions but I will leave it at this for now!:thanks:

Ok, when in your camera, there are little icons on the right hand side of the screen that you are viewing the viewfinder!!! the first is the setting for the focus settings... below that is the GPS Geolocator... below that is White balance... then finally the zoom function!!! press on the geo locator button and make sure that it is set to off!!! it doesn't matter if people that know you look at the photos online or anything... its those Fu**in DEA Fu**s that you don't want to know where your having a FEDERALLY ILLEGAL operation going!!! so it's always safe to know that you are not posting the location along with them!!!

Nutes
As far as nutes go... like I said already, im all about BPN!!! excellent prices and everything that is made by BPN is formulated for cannabis and its production!!! I will never recommend anything else... I went with FF for my first grow, and then I got BPN in mid 2nd grow and I still have those FF bottles sitting doing nothing but takin up space!!! I thought about giving them away, but the people that grow don't want them anymore after they seen what BPN did to my ladies!!! I told my daughter that she can grow out a flower with them, and she tells me... "I wanna use your stinky stuff daddy!!! I want BIG flowers!!!"

Lights
In veg mode, you are going to want to have as much 6500K lights as you can!!! this will help keep the plants from doing a stretch... once you move into flowering, what I do is put the lights in at a 70/30 ratio!!! mix them up!!! making sure that you keep more 2700K over the 6500K

Aston hers some good pics so u can see where im at!

11473.jpg

21056.jpg

21058.jpg

Hey brotha!!!

Looking good, looking good!!! your soil is looking dry there... but I know that the top level looks dry and a half inch lower it is still moist!!!

but other than that!!! they are growing just fine!!!

no worries about the stem brotha!!!

These are my Afgoo last season, they were about 3-4 weeks old here!!!
SAM_1101.JPG
SAM_1104.JPG
SAM_1253.JPG

And here is the stem about 2 weeks before flower!!!
SAM_1907.JPG

you will get there!!!
Patience!!! :Namaste:

Hey man thanks for the pep talk , It seems as I am at a stand still, I cant see it with my eye that they are growing but my bro notices a difference.I lowered the lights to within 3 inches of the tops of the plants, They are cold floros so no heat above em.I am getting Cal mag this week, And yes the soil is dry on the top but under it is moist. Can I give it just an occasional spray to keep the top soil moist or will that be over watering? I gave them the Guano mix last week, Should I just d o A simple watering or wait for the Cal mag? This is fun.Oh and BTW I found a guy whos got a ton of lights for 40 bucks, Hes got 3 four foot fixtures with t8 lights can belioeve he wants 40 bucks for everything. Hey ill snap a couple pics today! Thannks man!:morenutes:

And come to find out 4 out of 7 plants are Bag Weed seeds, Im not for sure but cant reg seeds turn out better than the budz it cam from? I know i Have some good seeds from my bro for a fact my dimb ass put them into the containers to grow with now labels, Smart aye!:thumb:So at this point I dont know if any are special, Can we take a guess as they get older? maybe we can figure it out!

whats good keith!!!

yea like I said, if you check in on them more tham 1 time a day, you will not notice anything really change, let alone checking it every hour!!! LOL!!! now I just turn on the lights and walk away!!! let it set for about an hour, then do my checks!!! after that, its either outside for a lil sunshine, then back in til lights out!!!

Yea we can start taking guesses at it in flower power!!! all you can pretty much tell in veg is that its either Indica, Sativa or Hybrid and the sex!!! once in flower, it should start to show traits of it's genetics!!!

p.s. Good deal on those lights bro!!! :thumb:

Hey Keith...I have been distracted lately but I am back. Those pics look nice, seems like your plants are doing really good. As for spraying the top soil, I use to do that with mine. It didn't hurt as long as you don't over do it.

Don't feel bad, it makes sense you wouldn't notice a change at the moment because you are always with them. It usually does start out slow at first then those babies will go through a major growth spurt. Hell, I still stare at mine daily. How else will you know if something is going on if you don't look and pay attention?

Hey Keith ...sorry my phone was lost for 3 days.....lol anyways....those stems will be fine...stake them up until they thicken up.....that is caused by stretching......and those flo's I'm not sure about....I've never used them...I'm a CFL advocate.....how many lumens would they put out...?...I'm not sure.....the girls are looking great...if he wants 40 bux fOr them all I would offer 25 and call it a day......they are worth having....

Just remember that moist soil is awesome.....for insects and mold and disease and.....well don't keep it moist bro....I've had awful fungus gnats......and you don't want Mold....word

OMG fungus gnats are truly a pain to get rid of and persistent little buggers. You definitely don't want to invite them to the party, tardy or otherwise..lol

Back
Top Bottom