Pat's Small CFL Grow

That is very true what Millertm is saying, it is the reason why I changed my setup in the beginning turning all the bulbs to their sides from this:
IMG_20160515_163712.jpg

To this way:
IMG_20160527_185431.jpg

At least I won't have this problem with the LED :cheer:

I think the reflectors made a huge difference. I would take my lux meter and adjust them all so the lighting was even all over. Now with the led on this grow it is extremely easy to keep it at 40000+ lux

Yo, not too much to report. I will give the plant feeding again tomorrow morning when I get back home. Apparently I was a Pinhead by not giving Bloom and Grow together...so two feedings went past with only bloom and calmag and not grow included. I still make mistakes even though this isn't such a big one :allgood:
IMG_20160719_165917.jpg

IMG_20160719_170033.jpg

IMG_20160719_170006.jpg

I keep eyeing the new growth for pistils, it has been 6 days from the flip so will hope for something by middle or end of next week.

Thanks for reading!!

Patto :peacetwo:

Looking great, Pat :bravo: One or two misses with a feeding isn't going to cause any issues :passitleft:

The WW, NL and Jack H I grew all had a distinctive smell when you brushed your hands over them. I loved a quick rub before heading to work:rofl: Thankfully I'm letting one of my WW grow bushy to do this. The flux I'm doing doesn't quite lend itself to rubbing your hands on leaves during veg.:straightface:

The WW definitely smells stronger at 30 days than the other two strains. I can even see trichomes so I'm optimistic these two ladies are going to be frosty looking:high-five:

Looking great, Pat :bravo: One or two misses with a feeding isn't going to cause any issues :passitleft:

The WW, NL and Jack H I grew all had a distinctive smell when you brushed your hands over them. I loved a quick rub before heading to work:rofl: Thankfully I'm letting one of my WW grow bushy to do this. The flux I'm doing doesn't quite lend itself to rubbing your hands on leaves during veg.:straightface:

The WW definitely smells stronger at 30 days than the other two strains. I can even see trichomes so I'm optimistic these two ladies are going to be frosty looking:high-five:

LoL thanks for stopping by man appreciate it! :rofl: I am sure everybody loves a good rub early morning, it is like Spart also said. It gives off a smell but it isn't a budding type of smell...mine has a fruity smell to it almost. Wish I knew what strain this is, will continue to grow it and see what potential it has since I can't buy seeds at the moment. Hopefully the next grow will be under the Mars 700, also coco/perlite and then when I have some extra cash laying about I will go for hydro LED :yahoo: I saw your plants looking great, I can't wait to see their growth within the next week or two.:passitleft:

So I have a question, hoping somebody could answer me regarding this. I was looking at an inline fan for the LED tent, however I want to know is it necessary to add intake fan also. If the negative pressure within the tent is enough then it would surely "suck" at any opening from the tent? I was thinking maybe to keep ducting of 6' or 150mm for the intake, then to look at an inline fan that moves about 328m3/h or 460m3/h. The tent is 180cm in height and 80x80cm wide, this sum would then be: 1.8x0.8x0.8= 1.152, adding an additional 33% for any friction would make it 1.54 rounded off. This is 1.54 times 60 to circulate the air at least once every minute or 60 times an hour. The amount would then be 92.4 m3 required. With a filter the fan need to move about 1.5 times the required amount, meaning it needs to be move 138.6 m3. Would the 328m3/h be sufficient regarding this or am I being an idiot? It is 2.37 times more than the required amount of air that needs to be moved.:hmmmm:

I can tell you I don't have any inline fan for intake, just passive intakes on both tents

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I did a bit of reading up on the situation and might just try and get that sorted out. I will use a small fan inside the tent to move the air around a bit and then passive intake with a nice fan. Will save me a bunch on monies and I can start a month earlier with the new grow. First need to sort out the whole bank issue

I did a bit of reading up on the situation and might just try and get that sorted out. I will use a small fan inside the tent to move the air around a bit and then passive intake with a nice fan. Will save me a bunch on monies and I can start a month earlier with the new grow. First need to sort out the whole bank issue

Yes a fan or two inside plus a good fan to pull out will do great! But yes I have found growing is a vacuum when it comes to the bank account lol

Yes a fan or two inside plus a good fan to pull out will do great! But yes I have found growing is a vacuum when it comes to the bank account lol

:rofl:Don't remind me, LOL!! It is all for the love of it and I enjoy it so spending my hard earned money on something like that is rewarding

:rofl:Don't remind me, LOL!! It is all for the love of it and I enjoy it so spending my hard earned money on something like that is rewarding

Of course and you also get the satisfaction of growing and smoking your own product. And since there aren't any dispensaries in South Africa I'm sure it's gonna be a lot better bud than you can get from anyone there lol

Yes bru much better than stuff you could buy over here. People are ridiculous with their prices and it isn't really that good :rollingeyes: Outdoor is just "kush" or "skunk" and indoor is always "cheese", even when it isn't those strains at all...in my mind I am imagining this tall Nigerian bloke selling black bags of weed and the dealer is like, "So what's this?", and the dude be like, "Kush", and the dealer like, "What type of Kush?", dude be like, "Outdoor kush" :rofl::rofl: And that is how I ended up paying $0.93 a gram...LoL

Well an intake fan is mostly used if you have to much negative pressure If you think you just enough then you're good could always put a open the passive vent a bit I have mine constantly closed and the walls of my tent are always sucked in but I keep the air intake vent open. I have a pot in there with a few layer of panty hose to block the light but still let air threw. As long as you don't thin your tent is going to implode then you're good as if it was a harder box then i might say other wise because it's hard to gauge the amount of suck on a wood frame.

Oh man, that looks like a male :thedoubletake: .. I'm not a hundred percent sure. Female should show pistils, I'm sure of that. This looks like little pouches males have :(

white-widow-male-female-differences.jpg

I knew I was gonna get kicked in the facking nuts with this one....:icon_roll Anyway... Guess next grow will be started with the LED rather. Maybe I could still get some pollen from this one and save it. Get some breeding going...

I knew I was gonna get kicked in the facking nuts with this one....:icon_roll Anyway... Guess next grow will be started with the LED rather. Maybe I could still get some pollen from this one and save it. Get some breeding going...

Don't worry man, get some feminized seeds for your next grow and u'll be in the clear. My plant is female and she still breaks my balls every day, constantly malnutritioned and other problems :volcano-smiley: .. She's budding now so lets hope in the end something's gonna come out of it at least. Take care

DSCN18696.JPG

DSCN18685.JPG

Back
Top Bottom