Pat's Small CFL Grow

Sorry to see that Pat! It certainly looks like a male. Someone else with more experience can confirm.

I would even be fine with a hermie for seeds :( talk about bad luck...LoL at least it was a good experience. Won't be starting a grow after this one till I have the LED setup going which I am hoping will be sorted out by the end of August, as long as I don't get ass raped by the bank for unnecessary problems with the payment I will most likely be sorting it out this Saturday morning. Wish me luck

Sorry to hear Pat. Look at it this way, it was great practice.

Thanks Mr Dirt, yeah I really liked this experience. It was my first time growing with nutes and coco/perlite mix so that is always good to learn. I will continue on with this grow and see if it can't actually be of any help to me in the future. Thinking grab the pollen, store it, maybe I get lucky with a female plant and then I can pollinate small bud to get some seeds. Or would it just be better to do the whole spray on female buds turning that specific site into hermie? If that makes sense...

I would even be fine with a hermie for seeds :( talk about bad luck...LoL at least it was a good experience.

ugh... and no matter what I do, I can never get a male for breeding no matter what bag-seed I use! lol.

You could always save some pollen.

ugh... and no matter what I do, I can never get a male for breeding no matter what bag-seed I use! lol.

You could always save some pollen.

I guess it is the risk you take when doing the whole bagseed vibe, I am thinking that whole period the plant was suffering caused it enough stress to turn to a male :hmmmm: if I could I would ship this plant over to you, LOL!

I can tell from the pictures but at this stage in life it is either a male or a hermi for sure. Normally male pollen sacs will show up before any female parts but yes it's got nuts you can save the pollen if you want for later use.

Could have been worse...spending months doing a flux and finding it's a male! Thankfully mine is feminized.

I think I read somewhere that you can veg for 3 weeks and flip lights to sex, then go back to veg once you confirm it's female. It if it's correct that might be another option if you don't have fem seeds.:Namaste:

So I guess it has come to this then :laughtwo: Well I would like to thank all the people who helped me with this grow and gave me some much needed advice. This grow is officially over since I can't do much with a male, I am currently sorting out my new setup and will hopefully get that up and running within the next month or two. I will be back again with a new journal soon, in the meantime I will be stalking other people's journals :lot-o-toke: Thanks again for reading!!

Pat the Pinhead :peacetwo:

Could have been worse...spending months doing a flux and finding it's a male! Thankfully mine is feminized.

I think I read somewhere that you can veg for 3 weeks and flip lights to sex, then go back to veg once you confirm it's female. It if it's correct that might be another option if you don't have fem seeds.:Namaste:

I will definitely be doing that with the next grow. Planning on doing the whole clone and flip the clone to 12/12 to see their sex while the main plants still veg. Want to be able to do a nice scrog for the next grow so really excited on that :grinjoint:

Clone for sex is a better option I think than flipping the plant to 12/12 then back to veg because the latter stunts growth but it can be done. If you can start 2 or 3 that will up your chances. Feel free to stalk my journal anytime, ha!

LoL I am just coming from your journal :laughtwo: For sure I was thinking next grow two plants maybe, if I can get the other seeds to germinate I would want to do two scrogs. Each about 35cm x 70cm, or do a single 70x70cm scrog...

Damn Pat I'm truly saddened to hear that you plant is a male. Sending positive vibes your way and some vibes to make sure your next plants produce flowers for you!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Damn Pat I'm truly saddened to hear that you plant is a male. Sending positive vibes your way and some vibes to make sure your next plants produce flowers for you!

Shot Kid, I appreciate it man! This grow really did teach me a lot of things I didn't know. It isn't too much of a bummer even though I would have liked some bud:high-five: Airie bru, safe

Shot Kid, I appreciate it man! This grow really did teach me a lot of things I didn't know. It isn't too much of a bummer even though I would have liked some bud:high-five: Airie bru, safe

Yes and I am a very big believer that everything always happens for a reason and that its always for the better! Something way better will come man and like you said you learned a lot so it was just a warm up run
:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom