2 Fast 2 Vast Autoflower - CFL - First Time Grow

Hi PGR cheers for the advice.
On Friday I could buy and put in an extra 60/ 120 watts but as I'm in no rush to finish her now (being back from holiday and her still being alive and kicking) I am going to put some time and money into building a new grow box so I can have 2 on the go at once. In the new one I will be using t4 lights 50/50 red blue lighting with an extra load of blue or red depending on which stage of growth I am at. It will be big enough for minimum 2 potentially 3.

In regards to this plant do you think that because of the auto trait she will eventually fully mature or do you think adding more lighting is absolutely necessary? Would would be the implications of harvesting in one weeks time rather than adding more light in 5/6 days then letting her continue? Are these buds so under-developed that they would not be an enjoyable smoke?
Sorry for the inquisition I am eager to become more versed in the art of growing lol
Cheers
Peej

She looks good PeeJ. If ya have no means of swappin out or even adding some 2700k just drop your light cycle down to 11 on 13 off maybe even 10/14 for the last week-10 days. She will fatten up. The redder spectrum helps the plant "go to sleep" faster. Its during dark period that the buds do their thing. The bluer spectrum hinders them from rapidly goin "night night" So right now they are really only getting a 10 hour nap. :thumb: :high-five:

Hi PGR cheers for the advice.
On Friday I could buy and put in an extra 60/ 120 watts but as I'm in no rush to finish her now (being back from holiday and her still being alive and kicking) I am going to put some time and money into building a new grow box so I can have 2 on the go at once. In the new one I will be using t4 lights 50/50 red blue lighting with an extra load of blue or red depending on which stage of growth I am at. It will be big enough for minimum 2 potentially 3.

In regards to this plant do you think that because of the auto trait she will eventually fully mature or do you think adding more lighting is absolutely necessary? Would would be the implications of harvesting in one weeks time rather than adding more light in 5/6 days then letting her continue? Are these buds so under-developed that they would not be an enjoyable smoke?
Sorry for the inquisition I am eager to become more versed in the art of growing lol
Cheers
Peej

You are doing just fine Peej. If ya can kick her a few more 2700k lumens thats cool. No real big worry bud. Drop the light cycle for the remaining time and if you can get her some more light that will just really drive her home in a big way. Which ever light cycle you are using now just drop the "on" time by 2 hours. :thumb:

Cheers guys I have just added an extra 3 hours dark the lights will turn off an hour early tonight and remain off for an extra 2 hours into the morning. I didn't know that the night time is when the buds developed more. I may be Able to get a little extra lighting but if not I know now for my next grows that the colour ratios of the light is a lot more important than I first thought. I could have shortened my grow by a potential 2-3 weeks, but never mind.
Thanks Stihl and PGR
Peej

After 10 more days of flush and drop in 'daylight' time, most of the fan leaves have yellowed and fallen off and the trichomes production has gone crazy.
I have read both good and bad things about the genetics I am using and I know that the blue light has not helped the time but as we are now on day 99 from seed and looking at photos from the seed bank of the finished product, I think I am near harvest. I hope you guys can confirm this. I am planning to chop on Saturday in 2 days time.
image11955.jpeg
image11956.jpeg

It's got to be close now Peejy. Only way to be sure is checking trichomes, but the pistils seem to be browning slowly... I wouldn't hesitate to give her a week, if you got the time on weekdays. Either way man, successful grow my friend.. :welldone:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Sorry for the lack of update I've been super busy
After chopping I had around 460g wet once dried and cured this came down to just over 3 oz. (It has since dwindled significantly, I can't help myself!)
You guys were right trimming took an age!
The quality of the smoke is alright and is certainly effective but perhaps not as flavoursome as one may have liked.

This grow took a very long time for an Autoflower and like some of you said I think this is due to the blue light ratio, I have bought a new 200w red bulb to help with the next grow. I shall start up another journal in due course.
My next grow will be a Dutch passion auto ultimate already 5 days old, here's to becoming perpetual in harvest eventually.
image13265.jpeg
image13266.jpeg

Thanks 420 for the help!

Thanks Snid I'm quite happy with over 3oz on my first run.
I have got a Dutch passion auto ultimate which is now 9 days old and looking good.
The aim for my next grow is to Improve on quality whilst retaining the quantity.
The 2F2V smokes well but the bud is relatively fluffy
Cheers
Peej

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Nice job Peejy. Just stumbled onto this journal and I'm glad I did. I currently have 2 of this strain and 3 thc bombs, (both autos) that are two weeks old today. Will be growing them outdoors ad opposed to in, but will be starting a journal in the next couple of days. Hoping for similar results. That thing is/was a beauty.

Hi I ordered some seeds from SEED CITY, 3X 2FAST 2VAST, 3X AMNESIA HAZE, and got 2 free seeds (COTTON CANDY&GIRL SCOUT COOKIES) and I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND 5STAR RATING FAST DELIVERY, VERY DISCREET AND GREAT SEEDS! I WOULD PERSONALLY SAY TO EVERYOME TO GET YOUR SEEDS FROM THERE LOADA OF NEW HYBRIDS, STRAINS WHATEVER YOUR LOOKING FOR IS ON THERE! www.seed city.co.uk GET ON THERE!!

Back
Top Bottom