Pat's Small CFL Grow

Yes and I am a very big believer that everything always happens for a reason and that its always for the better! Something way better will come man and like you said you learned a lot so it was just a warm up run
:volcano-smiley:

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hoping to sort out payment tomorrow morning after work, the bank is only open till 11am. Get the panel paid, get the panel, get the next grow going :yahoo:

Could have been worse...spending months doing a flux and finding it's a male! Thankfully mine is feminized.

I think I read somewhere that you can veg for 3 weeks and flip lights to sex, then go back to veg once you confirm it's female. It if it's correct that might be another option if you don't have fem seeds.:Namaste:
Almost Golfer. Best results are cloning you plant and flowering clone for sex. Seed grows plant 10, get 4 to 6 females, but micro cloner under 12/12 will show sex fastest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Almost Golfer. Best results are cloning you plant and flowering clone for sex. Seed grows plant 10, get 4 to 6 females, but micro cloner under 12/12 will show sex fastest.

Cheers

When you do the cloning, do you place the clones under 12/12 immediately?

I'm not sure. I'd root them first.

Cheers

Not sure non rooted shoots will flower. Great question.

:bravo: You will be amazed with the difference of growing condition with the new light. It's like comparing a orange to apple pie with whip cream, a scope of ice cream with a side order of putang :rofl::rofl:

:bravo: You will be amazed with the difference of growing condition with the new light. It's like comparing a orange to apple pie with whip cream, a scope of ice cream with a side order of putang :rofl::rofl:
LoL!! That is some comparison I tell you bru, spoke to Sean so the light should be on it's way. Hoping it to be here in two weeks

Sent from my ALE-L02 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I have a question for you blokes, and gals :laughtwo: My butt is itching to just keep on growing, so I thought I might do a mini grow. Ideas now are also small CFL in a home made PVC tent which would be 40cm x 40cm x 70cm. Light used will be the 85W 6500k. Full on mini scrog, with the same idea it will start and veg till the mini scrog, which will only be 30cmx30cm wide is filled. Hope by then the LED setup is up and going, I will then take a clone or two from the small CFL setup and then flip to 12/12. Meaning I could possibly start with female clones which would then be in the LED tent.

Any ideas regarding this? It won't cost too much and it would be small enough to chuck in a cupboard if needs be.

Pat

So I have a question for you blokes, and gals :laughtwo: My butt is itching to just keep on growing, so I thought I might do a mini grow. Ideas now are also small CFL in a home made PVC tent which would be 40cm x 40cm x 70cm. Light used will be the 85W 6500k. Full on mini scrog, with the same idea it will start and veg till the mini scrog, which will only be 30cmx30cm wide is filled. Hope by then the LED setup is up and going, I will then take a clone or two from the small CFL setup and then flip to 12/12. Meaning I could possibly start with female clones which would then be in the LED tent.

Any ideas regarding this? It won't cost too much and it would be small enough to chuck in a cupboard if needs be.

Pat
Heat, watch your heat. Small grows have small volumes of air to work with. CFL's get hot. Good idea, look at some T5 setups, they run cooler.

Cheers

Pat

The 85w cfl would be great but you would want more of a mixed spectrum during flower or a straight 2100k to even 3000k for flower. If you use the 6500k your buds would probably fox tail and be really fluffy. If you're gonna diy a box what would you make the sides out of??

Heat, watch your heat. Small grows have small volumes of air to work with. CFL's get hot. Good idea, look at some T5 setups, they run cooler.

Cheers

Thanks Mr Miller, I was also looking at heat as it could be an issue, however I already have a fan for it which would replace air about 9/10 times every minute or so...might be a slight overkill :goof: I love the T5 fixtures but if I had to buy one of those the LED setup would need to be put on hold because of not enough monies. A few years ago there was a guy cleaning out his office of the building he owned, had a lot of those T5 style lights, I should have grabbed a few :laugh:

The 85w cfl would be great but you would want more of a mixed spectrum during flower or a straight 2100k to even 3000k for flower. If you use the 6500k your buds would probably fox tail and be really fluffy. If you're gonna diy a box what would you make the sides out of??

The 2100k spec would do great but only have the one 6500K CFL bulb :( I would have made the frame from PVC and then Panda Film the whole frame. I am still deciding though as it would have been just a fun project on the side. Would be great to compare what the small CFL bulb buds would be like against the LED buds :dreamy: It would be night and day difference for sure.

Dam that's a shame. I'm still waiting on my bloody seeds to arrive. Since I'm in Australia it takes extra longer and we hope the customs don't seize it. 4 weeks and still waiting.

I'm thinking of growing in a smaller space. Like a space bucket for personal use.

Hope you get some females soon

Dam that's a shame. I'm still waiting on my bloody seeds to arrive. Since I'm in Australia it takes extra longer and we hope the customs don't seize it. 4 weeks and still waiting.

I'm thinking of growing in a smaller space. Like a space bucket for personal use.

Hope you get some females soon

Same with us here in South Africa buddy, seeds are really difficult to obtain since they all come from UK or USA. However I will try some more breeder stuffies in the future. Apparently you can make your own fem seeds which would be ideal for me. How big would that space be you want to grow in?

Very small compared to what everyone else has here.

It'll be planted in a 20L bucket and probably won't grow any bigger than 80cm tall. Once I get my seeds I will start a journal for everyone to sus out. Just need these seeds to hurry up

Very small compared to what everyone else has here.

It'll be planted in a 20L bucket and probably won't grow any bigger than 80cm tall. Once I get my seeds I will start a journal for everyone to sus out. Just need these seeds to hurry up

Usually small grows are more difficult, because you have to train the plant more and you have limited space. In the end when everything works out then you will be very happy. What strains did you order and from who did you order them?

I ordered feminized white widow seeds from ministry of cannabis. Reading from the forums I'm thinking I should've gone with crop king seeds.

Yes a lot of LST training is required for such a confined space. I've been practising on tomato seeds. Hopefully the practise pays off and my plants don't die on me

Back
Top Bottom