My First Time Growing

I don't have a pic right now, but a second seedling came up. It was an old one that has been just sitting in the bookcase. (It was behind a box in the top of the bookcase and I moved the box and found it had just sprouted, so that's 2 seedlings going. But I had it by itself at first and didn't label it right away and when it didn't sprout I pretty much forgot about after 2 weeks except to water it every so often. It is either (80% sure) it is a female Truthband or the other one that I had had sitting on the shelf by my tent (to save the seedling dirt) is possibly an auto (Jock Horror). So it is one of them for sure. And after talking to my wife, If I'm going to lose my prescription insurance (can't go into details, would ID me right away), I don't think I can quit growing. I will need something for pain for sure. I may be preoccupied right now, trying to figure out what we are going to do, but I think you guys are stuck with me. I may not be around the next few weeks a lot (hopefully sooner) because of all the options I'm trying to find out we have, but I will be back.

Sorry for going back and forth, I just have to figure this out financially while having no money to use. I am also looking into state funded programs for people like me below the poverty level. A good friend told me about it in his/her state and since we have something similar, I have been looking into that also. (Thanks to the person that brought it up, I heard about it before, but didn't think they really worked until this person explained how it works for him/her and really piqued my interest!) I'm really sorry for going back and forth, but I've been really preoccupied with these new problems were having because I don't want my wife (or any of us actually) to lose our house. The total amount of money I need is way bigger than what I make, so if you believe in prayer, please send one up for us. Thanks to ALL of you for being so supportive. I don't know how I'm going to make it, but I'm going to do everything I can to keep what we have.

I will post some pics later, My back is out right now, but as soon as I feel better, I'll try some pic's. Thanks for having patience with me to all of you. You have made some great points and as soon as I know I have a female, Cloning starts and I may have to do something with that big tent since all my clones produce less than when they come from seed. No complaints about the clones, just might need more room for vegging and flowering. Either way, I will not only tell you, but if I do go that route, I'll post pic's of the completed project.

Thanks to all of you who have stuck by me thru out my going back and forth with the grow or not. But I'm going to be hurting when the narcs are gone (finally I'll get rid of those at least) and I'll need my weed.

Humbly apologizing
Smokey

It's great that you have another seedling. Fingers crossed for you that she makes it! And that your financials can be worked out.

I was thinking about you possibly not being able to get worm castings as you need them to amend your soil - maybe you could go with cheap store bought fertilizers to get you through if you absolutely needed to. My first harvest was done like that because I didn't know any better, but it worked. It's just an idea though, hopefully someone will know if that would upset the balance of your good soil and hurt it. Just my two cents on that.

Was thinking, Smokey..you might look into mushroom compost. It's MUCH cheaper than worm castings. Lowes used to carry it, so maybe you can find a really good deal on it around you close. Gardening season is coming to a close, this stuff might get clearanced out really cheap right now.

Home depot has it advertised for 1 cu. ft @ $3.97

There was something else I wanted to say......I'll be back. I think. LOL

OH! Now I remember. Do you have a garage or shed, basement? You're a guy who needs a project or two to keep you busy. :laugh:

You might think about making a worm bin to get your own castings. They are really easy to make, and you can use up all of those table scraps to feed them. And you can make "tea" for your plants from it too.

Just a thought. ;-)

Was thinking, Smokey..you might look into mushroom compost.

I've never heard of that, glad you mentioned it, it's something else to learn about.

I haven't finished it yet because I have access to plenty of worm poo outside right now.

What do you mean you have worm poo outside? Is that something you can collect from earthworms in the garden? :thumb:

I've never heard of that, glad you mentioned it, it's something else to learn about.

What do you mean you have worm poo outside? Is that something you can collect from earthworms in the garden? :thumb:

Absolutely! I have a planter in my front yard in the middle of the lawn. It's about 5 x 5 feet. It is so full of worm castings every year that there is a layer of about 2 inches that I harvest. Worms poo above ground.
Walk around your yard and see if you see any small piles of dark pebbly looking stuff in the lawn. That is worm castings.

I'll go find my pic of what I had last year and post here for ya. :)

Here's what mine looks like Jimmie. I have huge earthworms and night crawlers out here. They poo large. :laugh:

worm_poo.jpg

It's great that you have another seedling. Fingers crossed for you that she makes it! And that your financials can be worked out.

I was thinking about you possibly not being able to get worm castings as you need them to amend your soil - maybe you could go with cheap store bought fertilizers to get you through if you absolutely needed to. My first harvest was done like that because I didn't know any better, but it worked. It's just an idea though, hopefully someone will know if that would upset the balance of your good soil and hurt it. Just my two cents on that.

Thanks for the idea Jimmie, but for at least this month I can get the worm castings, but it's a thought for the future.

Was thinking, Smokey..you might look into mushroom compost. It's MUCH cheaper than worm castings. Lowes used to carry it, so maybe you can find a really good deal on it around you close. Gardening season is coming to a close, this stuff might get clearanced out really cheap right now.

Home depot has it advertised for 1 cu. ft @ $3.97

There was something else I wanted to say......I'll be back. I think. LOL

OH! Now I remember. Do you have a garage or shed, basement? You're a guy who needs a project or two to keep you busy. :laugh:

You might think about making a worm bin to get your own castings. They are really easy to make, and you can use up all of those table scraps to feed them. And you can make "tea" for your plants from it too.

Just a thought. ;-)

Canna, I looked at the compost bin link you posted and I like the idea. I just have to see if it's possible to find a place for everything sitting on the door to the crawl space. I only wish it was taller down there so I could move everything down there too. I won't be able to do it right now ($) but down the road I like it. I bookmarked it and if we make it financially, and keep the house and someday have more money, my wife has been a housewife for 31 years and she is thinking about where she could even work, I told her she needed to stay home where someone hopefully will be around to watch her. BTW, I will look into the mushroom compost but the wife was reading over my shoulder when I was typing about her hating bugs and she told me there is no way she will have bugs in her house, so I'm thinking until I can find something cheaper than compost with no pests.

I will see if my helper will build the bin for me when we are able to buy everything.

In the last post, I meant to say things differently, I had typed up a longer post and changed it and screwed that one up. What I meant to say was I will look into the mushroom compost if it doesn't have pests, my wife made it very clear last night that I will have worm castings VS anything with bugs for this month. I said I was looking for something cheaper than mushroom compost, when I meant to say just something without pests.

Sorry about the mistake, I have been cutting way back on my narcs and have stopped my MJ use for now and last night I was hurting so bad, I took a full dose of my narcs for my pain and it made me real tired and a little loopy. Sorry about that. Hope you all have a great day, I'll be on the phone mostly trying to get stuff with our insurances figured out and since they are completely separate insurances for each of us, that means calling different places for each of us. It's going to be busy today I think.

What a day..... Here are a couple pics I was able to get taken. The first is of the 2 new seedlings:
IMG_20160914_134710.jpg

The second is of the NYPD, It is a shorter plant but seems to have a lot of flowers on it. I have it written down that I put it in the tent on 7/13/16 but looking at it (I'll try and get better pic's of the flowers tomorrow) but I'm thinking I wrote July when I should have written 8/13/16. The pistils are still standing up and the buds haven't gotten very big yet. The female NYPD or the clone of the female DCSSH which definitely went into the tent in August may be a candidate for revegging and cloning. Is it possible to reveg and clone at the same time or do they have to be done separately? BTW, I've decided not to mention my money situation anymore as I'm sure you guys already know my situation and that's enough of that. I will try and get some OK closeups of the buds on both plants and see what you guys think of revegging one or cloning and revegging if they can be done at the same time. Here is the best pic I could get of the New York Power Diesel:
IMG_20160914_134815.jpg

Thanks for all the patience you guys have had with me lately. I don't try to drive you guys crazy on purpose. I'm really sorry.

Pretty sure I said this a while back, but....

If you take a cutting from a flowering plant, it's a clone. It will automatically go into reveg because the light schedule will change to the vegging cycle. 18/6 is what you use for vegging, right?

Clones from flowering plants will take longer to root, so you have to be patient with them and just be sure you have good water during the rooting process. It's going to take a while.

When it does root, and after you plant it, you will see that it starts looking really wierd when new growth begins and the existing leaves may get weird looking too. This is temporary. It's going through changes and you have to give it time to adjust to it's new way of growing.

Thanks for the pics. And what is the name on the new seedling on the right? I can't quite make out the label.

:circle-of-love:

EDIT: BUT, if your question is can you take a clone and root that, and then use the original plant for reveg after harvesting...yes you can do that too. :) Just leave enough leaves and smaller buds at the bottom. Doesn't take much, just a few small areas of leaves. Revegging a whole plant takes awhile too. I think the last one I did took almost 3 weeks to see any new green growth on it. Again, patience. Just keep the watering schedule going and it should do fine.

Pretty sure I said this a while back, but....

If you take a cutting from a flowering plant, it's a clone. It will automatically go into reveg because the light schedule will change to the vegging cycle. 18/6 is what you use for vegging, right?

Clones from flowering plants will take longer to root, so you have to be patient with them and just be sure you have good water during the rooting process. It's going to take a while.

When it does root, and after you plant it, you will see that it starts looking really wierd when new growth begins and the existing leaves may get weird looking too. This is temporary. It's going through changes and you have to give it time to adjust to it's new way of growing.

Thanks for the pics. And what is the name on the new seedling on the right? I can't quite make out the label.

EDIT: BUT, if your question is can you take a clone and root that, and then use the original plant for reveg after harvesting...yes you can do that too. :) Just leave enough leaves and smaller buds at the bottom. Doesn't take much, just a few small areas of leaves. Revegging a whole plant takes awhile too. I think the last one I did took almost 3 weeks to see any new green growth on it. Again, patience. Just keep the watering schedule going and it should do fine.

Thanks Canna, I'm sure you mentioned it before, but I've just been preoccupied with other things recently, sorry to make you repeat it.
I just meant if I could take a clipping off one in flower and reveg and clone at the same time. The seedling on the right is the one that had just been sitting for a few weeks and other than watering it occasionally I had forgot about it as it hadn't sprouted and was behind a box with other cups on them. The seedling I'm 80% sure is a Truthband or the only other one that was still in the room without a label was an auto (Jock Horror). (I have now started labeling my cups before I even put soil in them now because the label wasn't stuck on good enough and fell off next to a couple old labels that I had removed from other cups when I transplanted them and was going to reuse the labels for their next pot but it is just masking tape and this roll isn't real sticky, Probably just old, but I got a new thing of sticky masking tape I'm using now so I won't have any labels fall off again) Here are 2 pics I took of the girls I want to reveg a stalk of one of them. The first is a pic of a bud on the New York Power Diesel and then one flower on the clone of the DCSSH. Since I can do both, Re-veg and clone, I'm going to do a clone of the DCSSH because that was my favorite so far in pain relief.
IMG_20160915_161252.jpg
IMG_20160915_161317.jpg

Thanks again Canna, I'm going to start the clone now I think. At least I got 2 halfway decent pic's. I will also try revegging it after harvest too. I had no idea that was a possibility.

BTW, on those cups.....I find it easier to use a black marker to write the info on them because of the "fallen labels" that happens if they get wet etc. It's happened to me in the past too.

Strain and Date is most important. After you have transferred out of the cup and into big pots, just cross off the info and write new info when a new seed goes in. Then there's no chance of losing a label.

BTW, on those cups.....I find it easier to use a black marker to write the info on them because of the "fallen labels" that happens if they get wet etc. It's happened to me in the past too.

Strain and Date is most important. After you have transferred out of the cup and into big pots, just cross off the info and write new info when a new seed goes in. Then there's no chance of losing a label.

Thanks Canna, I have a sharpie I will use on the cups from now on. I keep the dates written down in a journal of sorts. Thanks again for the help. The clone is in the cloner already and I can't wait to see how it goes back to veg, very curious as to what will happen and looking forward to learning about it and seeing it happen. :thanks:

Great job on the magnifier photo !

The whole idea of reveg caught me by surprise - after 40-50 harvests. These plants are resilient when given a chance to grow.

Thanks Rad, I took a bunch of pictures while trying to steady the camera with one of my canes I use around the house. I have 2 clippings in the cloner and looking forward to seeing what they do as they reveg. I will be doing mostly clones from here on out except for a few seeds I still have. The 2 clippings in the cloner are of the DCSSH and one of the New York Power Diesel. I'm going to need something for the pain soon. The cannabutter works as well if not better than the narcs. It's unbelievable how well it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom