First Time DWC Grow Here! - Tips & Critiques Welcome!

awesome glad to see the familiars are still around and a few new faces! i definitely dont want to kill all my bacteria, im going to go with hydroguard if they have it at the local shop and if not maybe they will have some dutch master root zone. aaaand if no luck ill order online usually never fails me. and sorry for the long wait time there, was just waiting for a better update to give. they were getting a little boring lol oh and p.s. i thought it was worth mentioning because i am pretty stoked.. i acquired my medical marihuana license for ontario, im surprised how easy of a process it was. not that there should be a process for people to use a natural product. hopefully our new prime minister will hold true to his statements and we will be all legal here soon.

awesome glad to see the familiars are still around and a few new faces! i definitely dont want to kill all my bacteria, im going to go with hydroguard if they have it at the local shop and if not maybe they will have some dutch master root zone. aaaand if no luck ill order online usually never fails me. and sorry for the long wait time there, was just waiting for a better update to give. they were getting a little boring lol oh and p.s. i thought it was worth mentioning because i am pretty stoked.. i acquired my medical marihuana license for ontario, im surprised how easy of a process it was. not that there should be a process for people to use a natural product. hopefully our new prime minister will hold true to his statements and we will be all legal here soon.

I think DMZ is for a sterile environment...I could be totally wrong though... Research sterile versus live and make a decision.... kinda important there i think...

GL

FE

was doing a bit of reading and i think im going to go with some hydroguard... so i just add that in with every water change? what do you guys use for a mix of this stuff?

I put it in at every water change, 2 ml per gallon. I also put some in midweek when adding water, dosage depending on how much water they have consumed so far that week.

okay great thank you that helps, i search for hours sometimes for a simple answer about things but there are sooooo many opinions out in the open world of the internet just gets overwhelming. but yea this site never fails, especially when i can talk to experienced growers one on one. anyways thanks folks lol here is one more quick one. soo when i start with my hydroguard schedule do i eliminate the peroxide all together? or do i still need to use it sometimes?

Totally agree with rifleman on cutting the H2O2 out when you start using hydroguard.. My understanding is that Hydroguard has some beneficials so using it along with H2O2 seems a bit counter productive IMHO.

Also dude in regards to ordering nutrients on-line.. Although you're probably pretty safe in doing this especially if you order from a reviewed or well known seller, I've always been hesitant to order on-line as you never know what conditions the nutes have been shelved/stored in (especially some of those ebay sellers with real low prices). I found a local hydro shop which gives me a locals discount and the price is very comparable to ordering on-line so I just get everything locally even if it costs an extra 5%... Food for thought I guess.

Totally agree with rifleman on cutting the H2O2 out when you start using hydroguard.. My understanding is that Hydroguard has some beneficials so using it along with H2O2 seems a bit counter productive IMHO.

Also dude in regards to ordering nutrients on-line.. Although you're probably pretty safe in doing this especially if you order from a reviewed or well known seller, I've always been hesitant to order on-line as you never know what conditions the nutes have been shelved/stored in (especially some of those ebay sellers with real low prices). I found a local hydro shop which gives me a locals discount and the price is very comparable to ordering on-line so I just get everything locally even if it costs an extra 5%... Food for thought I guess.

I am same boat CG i get an extra discount from the Local so it is close enough... I told them that i order some stuff online ( not as a jerk) and they said they could come real close.. So i get most of it there... still get lights etc elsewhere... still a good bit less online for that stuff...

I agree as well hydroguard only... H202 is if you arent using stuff like that... I add per res change.. and the water i replace from transpiration has it as well...

FE

Well i use DMZ but on same principle...

rifleman
Ha yeah, sorry. I've obviously taken for granted the convenience of larger town living (with hydro stores).

FE
Same here; I'll buy nutes and smaller things at the hydro shop, but for larger purchases (lighting, ventilation, etc.) I buy on-line.

Imtrimmin
All right man; let's see you grow some amazing plants for your first grow!!

Awesome I'm going to try for the best I can grow for sure! And yea small towns are definitely a little trickier to get ahold of good stuff. Closest city to me is about a half hour which isn't bad I'm usually there often anyways. I'm hoping to get ahold of some hydroguard or something as closest it as possible any recommendations?? Anyways here is a couple shots I took earlier. I'm running about 500ppm could be bad but so far all is well roots are growing like crazy.. Also I started with a couple more nutrients to the schedule, the Dnf black turned my nice white roots kinda brown like stained not burned.. Still think that's an issue I can't see it being unavoidable because the mixture itself to is black black!. So hard to believe these things are just shy of 1 week old lol unreal growth!

DSC_029316.JPG
DSC_029222.JPG
DSC_029118.JPG

Little update. I picked up a cool tube with reflector today going to give it a try.. Hope for the best, gotta get the temps down a bit. I also grabbed some mylar to deflect the heat off thw buckets a bit. Yet to do that tho. Also picked up some additive today to protect roots.. I'll let yous know when I get home I forgot thw name lol. Anyways here we are
DSC_029416.JPG
DSC_029620.JPG
DSC_029722.JPG
DSC_029818.JPG

Okay so here is the stuff I picked up today. Says it's for keeping roots white and slime free also for curing and preventing root rot. Since my temps are down so much I'm hoping that passes on to my buckets. So far this plan came together fairly smooth had to chop the tube down a few inches on either side and add new addapters. Couldn't find the right size. Ah well all done anyways.
DSC_029919.JPG

Back
Top Bottom