First Time DWC Grow Here! - Tips & Critiques Welcome!

So here we are folks couple pics, 17 days from seed. Topped them 2 days ago. Growing like weeds ;-)
DSC_034016.JPG
DSC_033917.JPG
DSC_034016.JPG
DSC_034113.JPG

Feels really great to hear that dude considering I was just scrolling threw your journal thinking to myself "that's my goal!" lol and yea just playing by year I'm I think day 19 or 20 now and iv been doing some lst'ing. At this growth rate I'll be flowering whithin the next week give or take, I had to add my filter in too the smell is strong.. The only smell that brings such joy and panic at the same time lol

Haha, I'm flattered considering I know very little... My only goal was/is "keep them alive long enough to harvest" :)

In terms of flowering, the one thing I'd suggest you to consider is that they are sexually mature enough... I think I see some female parts on yours already, so you may be good to go already... I don't know enough on this topic to be sure, but I've def read that before... Someone else who's more experienced can hopefully comment.

Trimmin,
Whether you flip now or later,ultimately is your decision. Based on "my" experience, and that is limited, 'I' would flip now.
Growth rates in D.W.C can be explosive, if you wait much longer you wont be able to move in there.
Here's a photo to show you what happens when you veg too long
IMG_009148.jpg
IMG_008832.jpg

In the second photo you can see how I ran out of space to lift the light.
And here are some shots of the root mass you will end up with
IMG_028341.jpg
IMG_028640.jpg
IMG_028534.jpg
Good luck man,whatever choice you make:cheesygrinsmiley:

How much "head room" do have above your current plants (i.e. how much grow room do they have vertically)? If you have sufficient space, I'd personally consider waiting a week like chenzi suggested, but then again I don't know shit, seriously.

There are techniques you can use to slow stretch if needed. For example defoliation during stretch "should" slow them down and I'm sure there are others.

At the end of the day its obviously your call, but IMHO don't rush a good thing :)

Just switch the lights over lastnight, did a little bending and tieing so far. Anyways here we are call it day 1 flowering, not a huge concern for me to get a big yield this time around anyways. As long as it's good smoke and I can call it my own I'm happy. My next journal I'm going to use this as my veg and get a nice big flower tent, not enough room in this tent to have big fat plants and still feel in control lol for me anyways I think. Anyways here we go.
DSC_035014.JPG
DSC_035214.JPG
DSC_035115.JPG
DSC_034710.JPG

i have no exp with anything but soil, sooilless. i have to read up, as i might consider trying some hydro. what style, im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom