First Grow, Greenhouse Seed Pack, Advice Appreciated

The HPS is in and new pics should be up tonight. Now it is a constant battle over heat management. Right now its 83, but when the lights first come up I am still sleeping and my door room is closed which brought th temp up to 88. The heat woke me up and I opened my door and it goes down to 83 pretty quickly. I have to resetup the exhaust and I think that will fix all my problems. Right now I have the hot air blowing back into my bedroom. We are going to exhaust it into the apt complex attic and see how that goes. It should bring our temp down to 79, because the HPS is putting off very little heat with the cooltube and the vortex attached. It's just recirculating into the room.

Does 10-15 minutes of darkness in the middle of the veg schedule mess anything up? Last night police and fire surrounded our building and I thought we were getting raided. I was peeking out my blinds watching them setup around our building. Fire dept came to our door and said everyone out of the building NOW. I told the dude I had to get my roommate out of the shower then slammed the door in his face and unplugged the grow. If they were looking for a fire in the Apt I was super paranoid their inferred scanners might trip out on my room! 10 Minutes later they moved 2 buildings over because the fire was in a different apt building!! They went to the wrong building! I was ready to burn alive in my room protecting the product :p

Will 15 min of darkness hurt anything?

phase5a_Large_.jpg

The HPS setup with some added CFL's for some 6.5k light spectrum

phase5b_Large_.jpg

This is where our exhaust will go from the light. Up into the attic where it is already hot as hell.

phase_5c_Large_.jpg

Side shot of the Thai Super Skunk. None of the plants have shown any signs of sex yet.

phase5d_Large_.jpg

Here's a pic of the femanized diesel transplant. Looks like transplant didn't hurt it at all.

phase5e_Large_.jpg

This is a picture of the lemon skunk transplant. This transplant definately hurt this guy a little. I left it in the cup for just 1 day to long and one of the roots attached itself to the sterofoam cup. So when I transplanted it was a little rough on the plant. It will take her a couple days to get back to normal.

phase5f_Large_.jpg
phase5g_Large_.jpg

These two pics are of the hurt transplanted skunk. This is what the bottom leaf looks like. None of the other plants have this. So I am assuming its from the transplant.

Does anyone recommend any additional ferts that could help this grow,
Since your grow is i soil yes, Using some FF Grow Big for initial veg stage growth. Then when lights are turned back to a 12/12 and sexing has occuurred swith fertilizers to a FF Big Bloom and or a Budswel. Back off on any "N" at flowering time, and apply a heavy based "P" fertilizer. I use Budswel and Big Bloom seperately. Never mixed together.

Since your grow is i soil yes, Using some FF Grow Big for initial veg stage growth. Then when lights are turned back to a 12/12 and sexing has occuurred swith fertilizers to a FF Big Bloom and or a Budswel. Back off on any "N" at flowering time, and apply a heavy based "P" fertilizer. I use Budswel and Big Bloom seperately. Never mixed together.

Awesome. I was afraid to put any additional nutrients in because I added the extra N guano to my soil mix when the happy frog comes with guano in it already.. I bought Big Bloom for flowering but haven't been using anything in the mean time except some very very diluted teas.

I just put 6" insulated (because it was all I could find) exhaust from the back of the HPS to the top of the room, and the other side out of the room. Temp has been iffy all day. The light is about 2' away from the plants and the temp is going from 82-86 depending on how I play with the fans angle. I have 3 honeywell (walmart cheapy) fans running inside my tiny little room bringing air in and circulating, and the 6" inline exhausting. I have a fan on the ballast which is outside the room blowing the opposite direction.

P.S.- I'm medicated off some 'cheese' right now and as I'm writing this I smell something burning. I think, wtf is burning the grow room!! Then I put a piece of toast up before writing this. Rooms at 84.6 now :(

I have often wondered at the wisdom of doing this at the start of flowering; after all, during the first phase of flowering - what we call the stretch - the plants are using quite a lot of N.

Awesome. I was afraid to put any additional nutrients in because I added the extra N guano to my soil mix when the happy frog comes with guano in it already.. I bought Big Bloom for flowering but haven't been using anything in the mean time except some very very diluted teas.

There are several forms of nitrogen-containing substances commonly used as fertilizer. Many of them are water-soluble and will go out with your runoff.

I just put 6" insulated (because it was all I could find) exhaust from the back of the HPS to the top of the room, and the other side out of the room. Temp has been iffy all day. The light is about 2' away from the plants and the temp is going from 82-86

What is the temperature of your home outside of your GR? How warm does the light fixture (at the glass and on top) feel? You might be able to drop your GR temperature a bit more just by bringing the air to cool your light in from outside of the GR and exiting it the same way (separately).

In the closet it was about 84, outside the closet in the room it was about 81. With the door open the living room and rest of the apt is 78-79.

I got the room to a steady 81-82 by leaving my door wide open and putting a big fan at my doorway blowing in air from the living room. So things are alright for now. But if I close that door things start to get hot to fast. Also I hate leaving my apt unattended without locking my grow room. I'm afraid it will get to hot in there though!

Update Time:

First before anything else. WTF IS THIS?! Is this just emerging leaves or is this the first sign of a male plant? Is that a ball? That is on my oldest plant, which is the random hydro bagseed. It doesn't have any other signs on it yet. I've got the machete ready if this thing starts to look ugly!

p7vegc_Large_.jpg

I read that the plant has the most potential for potency if you wait for it to mature before flowering, and you could tell this by the nodes starting to alternate instead of double. Well the bagseed is just now alternating, so I hope its not a dude!!

The Super Skunks, well, I can't wait for them to alternate nodes because they are GIGANTIC. They are going flowering tomorrow! They haven't shown their sex yet either.

The 3 little females in the corner are the progressing Great White Shark, Lemon Skunk, and Diesel. They will be moved to their new home tomorrow so they stay in 18/6, until they are ready to rejoin their potential sista's.
p7vega_Large_.jpg

Bushy!

p7vegb_Large_.jpg

p7vegd_Large_.jpg

Progress Update: Flowering, Day 2:

I transplanted the 3 gal thai super skunks into 5 gal grow bags. I used the same soil mix, but this time without the high N guano. I used Fox Farms Big Bloom at half the recommended dosage. Which was 1/4th cup per gallon on first flower watering.

Here's some pics of dieing leaves. I trimmed a few already. There were some days where heat would hit 88 for a couple hours. I think it is mostly due to that and light penetration.

deadleaf1_Large_.jpg

deadleaf2_Large_.jpg

Deadleaf3_Large_.jpg

flowershot1_Large_.jpg

FlowerPhase2_Large_.jpg

GirlsVeg_Large_.jpg

LemonSkunk_Large_.jpg

GreatWhiteShark_Large_.jpg

Diesel_Large_.jpg

I moved the females to the veg room, and both rooms are now blocked off with a black lightproof tarp and velcro seal around the doors edges. I am venting the light into the air ducts where the air conditioning line is coming in from. This has fixed pretty much most temp related issues for the flowering room. However, the veg room is VERY HOT. The plants aren't showing signs of it and I try to keep a fan blowing cool air onto them from the main room 24/7, but the room is the bathroom and it doesn't seem to have a good exhaust.

bag seed is a dude kill that bastard and looking good haven't stop by to see your journal in a while

Here's an updated look at the Thai Super Skunk Girls. 3 out of the 4 were female. The rest of the plants are from femanized seeds.

ProjectMonster1_Large_.jpg

ProjectMonster2_Large_.jpg

ProjectMonster3_Large_.jpg

ProjectMonster4_Large_.jpg

ProjectMonster5_Large_.jpg

ProjectMonster6_Large_.jpg

needs_signature_Large_.jpg

More pics from the grow. Let me know what you guys think. I just moved the Lemon Skunk Girl over to the flower room. She looks a little droopy, I think she was outgrowing her veg lights. Lets see how she handles now.

More pics, but I need some heavy advice right now. I need to increase this plant to optimal yield\gain. Right now I purchased Some Fox Farms Beasty Bloomz. I've been using FF Tiger Bloomz already at half dosage since beginning of flowering.

Could we add CO2 to the room. Would that cost less than what our gains would be? We don't want to add anything to it that would cost more than what we would get out of it. I'm willing to put any amount of money into this if it guarantees a big return. So any advice is appreciated.

Refresher:

5 Gal Grow Bags with 3 Thai Super Skunks and one Lemon Skunk in the flower Room. There is a Diesel and a Great White Shark in the veg room still under about 350 watts of CFL's. No pics of them this run, but they look awesome. I'm concerned there won't be any space left in the flower room when they get bigger.

skyview_Large_.jpg
greenroomshot_Large_.jpg

moneyshot_Large_.jpg

finger_Large_.jpg
darkbutcrisp_Large_.jpg

arm2_Large_.jpg
roomshot_Large_.jpg

anothernug_Large_.jpg

Arm_Large_.jpg

I know I should be keeping this things still, but I had to move them out of the grow room yesterday to fix a design flaw with our light\fan\exhaust system. We purchased a 420cfm special 38 50 can fan. It's going to be in the attic where the room exhausts to. The attic vents to outside and there's lots of neighbors very close by, this is a steath grow after all.

Anyway, I took them out, fixed the room up, and put them back in. It doesn't look they they were hurt very much, just a little stressed maybe.

I fed them some water with beasty bloomz. They drained out and I got a water sample.

The plants are at around 6.5 -6.9. The PPM is at 420-450. The only unhealthy things I've seen in the plants so far are lower leaves turning yellow or getting brown edges and dieing. However, these plants are so bushy I just figure that is natural?

This is my first grow remember. Any advice would be appreciated! I'm super paranoid I am going to screw something up in these coming weeks\months. Thx.
:thanks:

Your grow is looking great, Ishmar. congrats :rollit:

Your grow is looking great, Ishmar. congrats :rollit:

Thx, HappyKitty.

How is my PPM doing? Should I raise it? What do you guys keep your max PPM at for mid flowering to late flowering?

I've moved the Diesel, Great White Shark, and Lemon Skunk all into the grow room with the other plants. This took a lot of slick maneuvering and marionette skills. Each plant now has its own corner and all the giant lower branches which are as tall as the plant are all pinned up, not overlapping any other Thai now. Pics incoming...

duelingplants_Large_.jpg
hanginplants_Large_.jpg

These two pics are of the Thai Super Skunks all tied up. I paid special attention so no two colas are overlapping or blocking out light from any other colas. I was running out of room in the closet, and this freed up a ton of space to fit 2 more plants in the room.

thaicola2_Large_.jpg
thaicolaforming_Large_.jpg

These are the colas on Thai 1 and 2. I tried to take pics of Thai 3's cola, but its right next to the HPS. So my camera is having trouble getting a picture thats not super bright or super dark.

thainugshot2_Large_.jpg
thainug_Large_.jpg

thaitopview_Large_.jpg

Some nug shots

gwsinthemix_Large_.jpg

lemonskunkbudding_Large_.jpg

Here's a pic of the Great White Shark hiding in the pool of Thais, and a picture of the flower that is just starting to form on the Lemon Skunk. Not shown is the diesel, because in order for him to get perfect unblocked light, I had to place him in a near unreachable location all the way in the back of the closet.

ENjoy!! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom