New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

Keith I have been trying to search the thread for your reference to 170* but I can't seem to find it. What are your refering to?

Put it in the oven for an hour @ 170 if I really needed to dry it out faster! It really worked good, In tin foil of course! The smell wasn't the strongest because I rushed it and didn't hang this plant but the other 3 I will. Did I do something bad?

And I re set those lights up the way you told me to Hash and the last 3 are really doing well because of it, Wait till you guys see the last 3 Im gonna do pics while trimming and hanging, And I also on one of my plants have found some seeds but I removed the males long before they could pollenate, So I am wondering If I shocked the plant into that by turning on the lights 2 times when the rack fell in the closet! I will post pics of it in a few

I don't think you did anything wrong.
I quick dry samples a lot, but overnight in a gas oven with just the pilot for heat. Small buds are just right, but bigger ones may take 2 days.
Taking them off the big stem helps also.
Sometime I just place a bud on top of the plasma TV vent and the next day they are good to go.
I'm glad you are liking adding the reflective shield.
I don't think you hurt anything by turning the lights on 2x one day.
Nothing wrong with a few seeds. Loads of seeds, not so good. I pollinated 2 grows ago, and got tons of seeds on one plant, but only a few on the others.

Well I listened to what everyone had to say on here, I corrected mistakes when told, I never let anything go to far to where it would hurt the plants, And even I am impressed with the buds that came from that,you dont really burn out from this bud, But it makes me hungry and I can eat happily, The plant doe's its job well! And I have a bunch of little buds that never really grew to far from the nodes, lil nuggets, Those are air drying in a shoe box.But anyhow Now I have a ton of fan leaves and am thinking of some Bubble gum hash if I can do it, I Really like the way the others are coming out, Like I said I will do pics of the other 3 while im cutting and hanging! Pretty pumped about this! And it's all for me! Ill tell ya what my fingers were sticking together like glue after cutting and handling this one, And by the way, whats the estimate on home grown bud THC levels? I know ya really cant pin point it but using nutes and additives doesn't it raise the levels?

Easy Keith man,
Nice nugs man, its good to have something to smoke so you can let the others go FAT! +rep on nugs.

One tip, dont dry in a shoe box, done it before and changed the smell of the weed to a cardboardy smell. Hang dry with good airflow and then cure for the smell. :goodjob:

Easy Keith man,
Nice nugs man, its good to have something to smoke so you can let the others go FAT! +rep on nugs.

One tip, dont dry in a shoe box, done it before and changed the smell of the weed to a cardboardy smell. Hang dry with good airflow and then cure for the smell. :goodjob:

I took them out of the box and they are in a nice dry spot with air flow, I cant wait for the next ones to be ready so I can get the maximum out of them! I will flush all 3 of them and on last gallon on each I will add some Molasses and sugar daddy to sweeten them up over the 48 hours of darkness.. Im pumped! It's been a long road and I learned alot!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom