New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

keith

you mention 6 32w lights. Is that 3 2bulb 4ft shop lights?

If so you should keep 1 on top and 1 on each side. T12's do not penetrate very deep, that's why I trained mine like a "T" or TOG, (T of Green) like this. I used a 1 gl rubbermaid wick container and MG. It was better than any smoke that was around at the time, 20+ yrs ago. You gotta keep them an inch or two from the buds.
TOG1.jpg

If your lights are all on the top, then you should consider a little LSTing them. Tie string to the top most bud and pull it down almost like a arch shape and the lower buds will get more light. Like I did more recently to this WW. It isn't under t12's but the WW is so much space between nodes, it was a good way to get a lot of the buds exposed to the HPS
This is the results of what I am trying to explain in this pic, but it's hard to tell
KK_8_wk_flw.jpg

keith

you mention 6 32w lights. Is that 3 2bulb 4ft shop lights?

If so you should keep 1 on top and 1 on each side. T12's do not penetrate very deep, that's why I trained mine like a "T" or TOG, (T of Green) like this. I used a 1 gl rubbermaid wick container and MG. It was better than any smoke that was around at the time, 20+ yrs ago. You gotta keep them an inch or two from the buds.
TOG1.jpg

If your lights are all on the top, then you should consider a little LSTing them. Tie string to the top most bud and pull it down almost like a arch shape and the lower buds will get more light. Like I did more recently to this WW. It isn't under t12's but the WW is so much space between nodes, it was a good way to get a lot of the buds exposed to the HPS
This is the results of what I am trying to explain in this pic, but it's hard to tell
KK_8_wk_flw.jpg
I completely understand what you mean now that I am so far into this grow. I am All about the lighting I have and just didnt think about putting the other 2 lights on the sides of them, Next time I will do that! And for the rest of this grow. Just a couple minor adjustments a couple 2x4's for support beams on each side of them.And Molassas Is what I am going to use. I tryed the bud today and wasnt bad but needs a few more weeks. Very nice buds you got there. I am going to start another few plants in a week or so and just move them babies in when I am harvesting! Grow 2 soon enough!

smoke-it.376410
Ladies are looking good! hairs are falling into place and turning a deep red/brown, not so much brown but a nice reddish color, I will post some up close pics of the colors today, I am giving the girls Molasses today.. I am on a feed,feed,water cycle and this is my just water cycle but adding molasses wont hurt im thinking! maybe a couple drops of shultz seeing as I have not uses it in weeks, what do you guys think? Hey and why cant I add any photos from my galleries?

Hey Keith, if you look at my journals yesterday's update post i explained how you have to add pics for now. When you get to the step to where you click view picture and copy the link you can also just click save image location I believe is what it says. I sure hope they fix it. The new look is great but they took a few steps down in my book as far as functionality. The gallery button was the most useful button while making posts and it's gone, the notifications are hidden in userCP and I keep getting logged out every time i shut my computer for 5 minutes or close my browsing app on my phone/iPad.

hey smokz, just wondering why they changed the way we can add pics here? I have no pop up like before that allows me to add from my galleries! Do you know if they are changing that or fixing it? or am i just a smoker and cant find it?

Perhaps both.. haha
They are aware, the only way I know of right now is as he stated. Copy and paste each pic.

Here is my guess... or theory if you prefer...

They are using an industry forums package, hosted on a web server. The details of such I will not mention... As a forums software it has limitations beyond the scope of this conversation. I suspect the previous version was highly modified by 420 over time. I suspect a new update was offered by the Supplier and they took it and plugged it in. These things tend to be modular as is most software. They gave plenty of thought to the design aspect more than the technical functionality. Their choice, their site.... Now we are in limbo as they scramble trying to catchup with changes they were not aware of in any prior evaluation. Assuming they evaluated it of course... With the best of intentions on their part they got this far...

In my opinion one of the best and oldest sites we know understands these principles I speak of. KISS for real.

Yahoo

They have kept up with web technology but pioneered the online interface that is copied still to this day. Hold back the fluff, if it doesn't serve the purpose of the site it is of little use. Think of a tool in your hand, the simpler it is for its intended purpose the better tool it is as well.

Your opinion, your assumption.... :Namaste:

This is very true and I stated it as so.. My guess or Theory... didn't know I was being stalked..

I could be very wrong you may have spent equal time, now thats scary....
A wise man would ask why is it you think so?

There is also PERCEPTION.. yours and mine, don't assume you know mine
Example: A master gardener sees far more in the same garden than a rookie sees...

:peace:

Will do I just got online, I have been busy Feeding the ladies and adding new medium to what I lost here and there, Regulated the PH to 6, And gave them a healthy dose of molasses, The old sock/must smell is going away and getting a more defined smell to them, I cant believe I have made it this long with no smells unless I move the girls. And here is some pics, still crap cam!

All PICS ARE INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY!

I like the way they have the pics set up now, it wont take up half a page!! Sweet!

Looking good man :) and yeah it's neat how they have it set up now. If you click my photos then at the top it says insert what? you select how you want the picture to show up on your page!

Quite normal for the smell to be more so when agitated a bit. Have to watch your clothes if you go out, the smell stays with you.

No surprise an admin can find you easy if they wish. Obviously watching my trail of comments from the beginning.
Think of them as the hand of GOD when it come to site access.. Only the webmaster has more power generally. But again I assume based on my experience managing and running international sites in a professional capacity.

You should notice there is a selection drop down in the window for selecting your gallery pics. I choose medium with link to original. Decent size for posting but allows a close look see as well...

I like the way they have the pics set up now, it wont take up half a page!! Sweet!

While this is true I feel it was better before. Can't see anything in the pic and takes too long to load in another instance. Medium at least for me so others can appreciate the pic with little effort.

I got 2 sativa and 2 indica, and one of them is taking its sweet ole time blooming, Thats ok becaue Ill harvest the other 3 and have one in the wings for later! Do you have anything going on James? If you read my journal you will se I chose to things the hard way! And I think by doing that I have learned much more than I would have normally in my case! Well I have about 3 weeks left or so, You welcome to follow along if you like! And Smokz Your right about the smell My mother inlaw asked me whats the smell!! LOL, I reply your daughter does the Laundry!

Back
Top Bottom