Farmer Bhangs Grow Room

**UPDATE**

First and foremost, thank you all for the prayers. My wife is now home from the hospital. She nearly lost her life dealing with this evil god-awful virus. Never in my life have I ever been so terrified. Although she is home, she is having to continuously remain on oxygen and she is gathering more strength as time goes. She is now beginning to walk again which is a joy to see. She is not 100% but at least she is not 10%. Thank God...

My phone which I use to capture pictures and videos, has went kaput... Reason being, well... During this whole crisis I was not able to be bedside with my wife. But, her room had a nice large window I could park in front of and see her the entire time from the outside. So I camped out with her leaving my phone on speaker hours at a time. Well this depleted the life of the battery in my phone so I have another on its way...

The grow has been going, not neglected but definitely wasn't able to show the ladies some love like I accustomed to. They need a good defol and I may have been slightly late on top dressing because I have a small amount of nitro deficiency going on in a couple of the bigger feeders. I will post some pics by the weekend of the grow.

I thank you Trala, Patient Puffer, midwestgrown, and Northern Hydro for the remote support and prayers. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys stay safe and protected. We may joke around, take life for granted, and base this evil virus off statistics, but truth is its very real. I pray to God you all never have to experience this or any other issue surrounding this hellish forsaken plague.

-Bhang

Hey there.

I am interested from a medical stand point, does your wife have comorbidities like COPD, an autoimmune disease or asthma? And what is her age bracket?

For your wife to be discharged with 02 therapy says to me they need the hospital bed. Keep a close eye on her. Low 02 is super dangerous. What do her oxygen sats drop to on room air? Lungs are so lazy if given the chance. 02 therapy can be addictive in regards they make your lungs do less work, which in turn cause your lungs to work less efficiently. As a rule the lungs need to exercise themselves to regain strength, tools like an incentive spirometer can be helpful, of course this wouldn’t be considered until your wife was well enough.

I‘m sending you covid slaying vibes Farmer B.

Xo

Hey there.

I am interested from a medical stand point, does your wife have comorbidities like COPD, an autoimmune disease or asthma? And what is her age bracket?

For your wife to be discharged with 02 therapy says to me they need the hospital bed. Keep a close eye on her. Low 02 is super dangerous. What do her oxygen sats drop to on room air? Lungs are so lazy if given the chance. 02 therapy can be addictive in regards they make your lungs do less work, which in turn cause your lungs to work less efficiently. As a rule the lungs need to exercise themselves to regain strength, tools like an incentive spirometer can be helpful, of course this wouldn’t be considered until your wife was well enough.

I‘m sending you covid slaying vibes Farmer B.

Xo

She is pre-diabetic and she is 42. They definitely need the space in hospital. Arizona has been ravaged by this virus and it seems to be all around us here. She has been trying to wing herself off of the O2, but it seems that there is threshold of catching when to get back onto the oxygen without getting herself to weak from lack of. We do have that digital oxygen meter that goes onto the finger, its just really hit and miss. She is getting stronger no doubt. I tell you one thing, it changes your outlook on life when you get that close to death. I don't respect that virus, it can go straight to hell for all I'm concerned. If someone breaks into your house and try's to kill you, are you going to respect that? Not me...

So sorry to hear.

The fact she is home is good.

When your wife has the digital oxygen meter on her finger, what does the percentage say when she is just breathing in normal room air without the oxygen therapy?

Hey and I’m sure they told you this, but if your wife starts to struggle for breath, use reassuring tones and help her to focus on her outward breath, not her inward.

People tend to focus on the inward breath and inhale in panic when they feel they can’t breath. Imagine your lungs are like a balloon which is already filled with air, you can’t add air till you let some air out.

Keep us posted FB.

For you —-> :)

Ok back to business... I have an update on the garden... I am running into slow growth issues...first it was all the topping and training... then I defoliated pretty tough beginning of week...but through this entire grow I have been struggling with RH...I cannot get above 20%... granted I am in Arizona where it's super ashy dry here...anyways, I may be late on combating this but better now then never... I have a 6 gallon humidifier for a 2700 square foot space coming on Monday... i will run this next to my small 1 gal humidifier which ain't doing much for me...if I have to ill buy another 6 gal humidifier.... but I haven't placed much emphasis on RH but I believe it's plaguing me big time... I calibrated my Blue Lab ph pen and ran a soil slurry test for soil...I got a 6.7 - .8 reading...I'm a bit high I want to get this lowered to 6.4 so that's not helping... my plants look like they have a myriad of issues...don't get me wrong they are not in bad shape but it's beneath my standard so I am trying to dial back in... I am almost considering going back to my Nectar for the Gods bottles because I feel safe there... but anyhow here is the garden... love yall...

20210108_164140.jpg

In pursuit of diagnosing slow growth and what appears to be a slight nitrogen deficiency, I have boiled it down to a few factors... 1. LST and Topping for 16 to 32 nodes can significantly impact growth, which does contribute to slower growth due to the time it takes for the plant to recover. 2. RH levels that are super low. Which I am currently combating and contributing as the prime culprit. 3. PH... I should have done a slurry test first and foremost prior to solutions performed from diagnostics. A slurry test allows you to get an idea what the ph is of your soil and root zone. Most issues are due to what's going on in your root zone, especially if your environment is spot on... unfortunately my environment is not hence my RH issue. To perform a slurry test you will calibrate your PH pen ensuring accurate results. Take a cup of your medium whether soil or coco from the edges and deepest you can reach without harming your roots. Next, take a cup of RO water with a neutral ph of 7.0 and mix the two together to get a slurry sample. You the pH the sample. My test came back as a 6.7 to 6.8... I am on the higher side of the spectrum on the soil chart. Although coco is considered as a hydroponic substrate, I use the soil chart because I grow organically as if I am in soil. Organic Marijuana does not need a more acidic environment such hydroponic or nitrate salt users... The chart displays the ranges where your plants are able to uptake the nutrients from either nitrate chemicals such as hydro or organically grown in soil. My sweet spot is 6.5 pH, but I recall adding dolomite lime into my coco to help with calcium. The issue with dolomite lime is that it buffers your ph in the medium towards a 7.0 ph. So my root zone naturally is going to want to increase towards the higher 6 range because of the lime hence my 6.8 reading from my slurry test... My ph in the root zone will begin to lockout calcium availability and other key nutrients keeping my plant from absorbing what it needs to remain healthy. I will get my next watering ph'd a bit lower to bring that root zone ph down towards the 6.5 where I need it. Looks like I caught this in time but between my low RH and higher ph of the root zone, the combination is more then likely the reason for my garden issue... while the plants are not in a dire state, it's always best to stay a couple steps ahead of any issue that potentially can happen... what I should have done is take a PPM reading while I took the slurry test... I do the PPM test on my next slurry test... Bhang Bhang

Screenshot_2016-12-08-02-34-34.png

Sitting in the garden like I'm at the ER with my child... The entire reason why I am harping on diagnosing any issues in environment and root zone is because of this particular plant (pictured below). She is a Zkittlez cultivar that I first believed was due entirely to my RH. While RH is a contributing factor...I now believe that I am under-watering as well... This entire run is a complete change from HID to LED, soil to coco, size, space, and plant increase. I am trying my best to dial it all in... I have been keeping my eye on this plant as a measurement to optimizing the environment. I began with RH to root zone diagnostics and now I am looking at my watering schedule... There has been so much variable from my last grow to this and I am trying to break customs from then to now. The plant is just droopy, leafs are on the threshold of dry and moist consistently... and so last night I gave some extra water from my normal watering and checked on her about 4am. She looked perky and I was happy and so back to bed. As I do my routine check upon wakening, She was back sad again... I immediately took her out and flushed her with 5 gallons of Herculean Harvest from Nectar for the Gods ph'd to 6.3. I ph'd lower because my root zone was nearing high ph numbers as 6.5 is my optimized number. The plant is currently in recovery and I am praying she gets better... All this has forced an emotional decision and I purchased some NFTG to add into my line up... The nutrient line has always produced kick ass results in terpene profiles extracting the true essence of the plant... I am so anti nitrate and chemical salt based growing and NFTG shares my views and passion... It's like dumping your first love to only find out you made a mistake and begging to get them back because no one has ever loved you like they have... Yea me and Nectar lol. Anyhow I have my larger humidifier and some NFTG coming shortly to assassinate this issue... Prayers for the Bhang Garden...
20210110_092221.jpg

In an attempt to raise RH through an experiment, I found that my tap water is full of salts,nitrates or whatever this mess is. It is salt however you scientifically call it. This is the same water I have been giving my garden... So sad! From here on out I will use RO water to feed my rootzone. This just sickens me that I have been dumping this into my pots... You live and learn but at the very least the NFTG will bind up any salt nitrates in my pots and get them cleaned out... O am thankful I caught this prior to going into flower... Just another step in perfecting my Marijuana... Bhang Bhang

20210111_083922.jpg

New humidifier has been added and currently the RH has increased from 16% to 33% @ 77°. Honestly I'm loving this unit...it feels right. I am just 2% short of getting my environment in an optimal VPD range, but honestly I am not going to argue... would I be crazy to buy one more unit??? Anyhow Just another step closer in dialing in the Bhang garden...

20210111_182402.jpg
20210111_182427.jpg

Getting ready to prepare for flower, I am incorporating Nectar for the Gods... This product has always felt right and although I feel like I'm going backwards with my organic goals... I really feel good about using it...

Anyhow here are is also a picture of my current canopy... I would like to get that back far left Green Crack a bit more healthy as a transition into flower... I am hoping the Nectar will get her there... I also added a small dose of Dr Earth Bloom and I will be doing a tea for my next feeding... I am in limbo on whether I should transplants into 7gal pots or just flip to 12/12 next week in the 5 gal pots...
Love yall

20210114_170021.jpg
20210114_204654.jpg

Transplanted into 7 gal pots... I'll be waiting for them to acclimate into their new home and then I'm flipping to flower... finally...

I really need to dial in my RH, temp and CO2... that will get me a faster growth rate... really considering getting a CO2 tank and lock in my environment... I think that will get my RH up to 50 to 60 percent and spike them with some CO2... that'll open up the stomata and let them breath better,hence grow faster... some day...some day

20210121_135749.jpg
20210121_135842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom