New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

And heres a stupid question, Can you clone the lower babies even though the plants are in flower?

Sure can, the farther into flower the plant is, the longer and more difficult it is to do. I have had great success up to 2 weeks into flower. I cloned once at 6 weeks and it took 22 days to root, and I lost 5 of 7. But I blame the loss on me not on the cutting. Under the 2 weeks I have had 100% success. Taking clones in the first 2 weeks is a simple approach to a perpetual garden without having to keep a mother.

You have to wait for it to re-veg basically then grow roots.

Ok I have a question of when they are ready! I will send a pic of the plant in question following this post! I just feel as if one of the 4 is ready to go, and that could be me just jumping the gun in anticipation. But the hairs have all turned orange/red I still have a few white hairs but red is more distinct, I give one of the buds a squeeze and its solid/tight, now mind you it's only one of the plants in question! Should I harvest all at the same time? and wait to do the one that I think is ready with the rest of em? And I read alot on the Harvesting/flush process, is there anything that you(Smokz) or anyone else have any other methods of doing the final stages? I may have underestimated the time on these by having a half assed journal such as mine! Next Journal will be top notch!

I mean I am thinking that one of the 4 is ready, not cuz I want it to be ready, I would rather wait it out a bit longer to know shes done but the hairs and density is right! and crystals everywhere(trichs) I just dont want to go beyond what the trichs are supposed to look like
well bud here is what I do take a pic on my computer I can zoom in on the pic and see everything so I havent bought a jewlers loop or anything like that. that said its a exspensive camera but I think its more the computer that does this. so try that first. just my bit of fyi :):peace:

That's why you need a microscope or jewlers lupe so you can check the trichomes ... How many weeks have they been in bloom

They are 34 days in and looking convincing to me, if I were desperate right now i would harvest but i can afford to wait a couple more weeks, I have enuff stash to keep me held over till I can get these girls tended to! PICS to come in a couple hours!

well bud here is what I do take a pic on my computer I can zoom in on the pic and see everything so I havent bought a jewelers loop or anything like that. that said its a expensive camera but I think its more the computer that does this. so try that first. just my bit of fyi :):peace:

Im going to grab myself a magnifying glass today and see what it looks like up close in there, I can tell you this much, Theres so many Trichs that you can see them by the naked eye! Good Ole Bag seed!

fyi the radio shack scope which is the same as another one being sold by someone else
is a pain in the ass to use lol
you have to actually put it right on the bud to get it to focus properly which in my opinion isnt the best way to do it cause your laying it on your precious trichs, just a observation

Easy Keith man,
Girls looking good man.
just a heads up, The last pictures you shown, the plant on the left had its top leaves curling under like claws at the top. Thats a sign of Nitrogen overdose. I'd stop giving N because it happened to my Pineapple Chunk and really deformed the flowers and plant. Just stick to the Flower Kems and don't over do it.

Apart from that keep it up, looking great man.

Just a couple pic's
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpOcH7m8.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpFrMvU7.jpg

Well The color is there and the Trichs are there! So edible looking!

ALL PIC'S ARE INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY!!

They are 34 days in and looking convincing to me, if I were desperate right now i would harvest but i can afford to wait a couple more weeks, I have enuff stash to keep me held over till I can get these girls tended to! PICS to come in a couple hours!

High keith1074,

Just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in your jar of thoughts. 34 days is way to soon, judging also from the pics that you just posted, she is not ready yet at all. Among the way of inspecting the trichomes for the clear, cloudy or amberness, but also watching those pistols. When the plant is near complete more than half of the pistols will start to shrivle back down, it is then as well that the plant will show signs of completion. Maybe around day 40 - 45, you will notice that she will start popping out more pistols.

Also, are you keeping track of her height gains? There is another way of guesstimating your plants end date, which is the 40/60 Phenomena. Here's what is said.

Example 40/60 Flowering Scenario

70 Days
28 Stretch Days 42 Fatten Days
The example formulas shown below use this 70 day flowering scenario.
Replace the days used in the examples with the days for your variety.

If you know the Duration of the Stretch....
.... but want to know how many more days until harvest.
1.5 x 28 days = 42 days from the end of the stretch to harvest.
.... but want to know the length of the entire flowering cycle (Days Spent Flowering).
2.5 x 28 days = 70 days from induction to harvest.

If you know the Days Spent Flowering....
.... but want to estimate when the stretch phase will end, or how long it will last.
40% x 70 days = 28 days is the duration of the stretch.
.... but want to know how long the fatten phase will last.
60% x 70 days = 42 days is the duration of the fatten phase.​

Hope this helps get you the highest potency meds you can grow brotha.

:peacetwo:

India's take about 7 , 8 weeks of 12/12 sativas take longer

I had my way with one of the plants, I am not planning or re vegging these and will just start from seed each grow, I needed one of the plants early I had nothing for Meds! I feel like I killed it lol, all that work just to cut her down! I loved that plant!! Haha! But I am enjoying a smooth Body high which I was really going for and succeeded in doing so, I do like a head high occasionally but The body is where I need the effects of thc to work on, So maybe a bit early on one plant but much needed and what a great taste, Well i didnt flush this one and surprisingly it's not harsh or taste bad. Although I am leaving the others alone, I thought io had enuff stash to get by but this week was worse than others, So I med up heavily this week! My new gorls are looking good I have 3 new one going in a different room with CFL's thought you guys would be glad to hear about my light changes! ill keep u posted fellas!!

Just a little something I grew! I couldnt wait any longer fellas on this particular plant, The Crystals are all over it The high is narcotic Like a real heavy relaxed feeling, I am more than happy with the outcome of this one, the other 3 ladies on the other hand are still in the final phase of flower and i will get the most out of them! I ended up with 45 grams off this one plant, I couldnt have done it without :420: So Let me know what you think of my bud! And Special thanks to Smokz on the 170* dry out method! Saved my ass!

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpq9sNw9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom