GimmeTheGoods First Grow - Advice Appreciated

Thanks my dude, the sscs is currently on day 23 of in jar curing but I still smell that 'green' chlorophyl odor. Not smelling any dankness until I chop it up with scissors but even then still has a hint of green. Smoking it is aight, dont taste good n dnt taste bad, super smooth. Energetic high,kinda heady. I looked at it under 100x mag. n it definately couldve gone another 10-14.days but whatever,live.n learn. Should it have a taste after 3 Weeks of curing? I know I been doing.it right.too,following that guide I posted to a T.

no shit huh? yeah it should def be loosing that chlorophyl smell by now! if not it should be extremely faint! and you should def start having those nug smells coming threw!

I havent done enough cures, never did organic either, so im not 100% but based on everything ive read threw the years you should def be passed clorophyl and into some dank.

how much water did you flush threw the medium? i hear allot mixed reviews on this part, but the coomon ground seems to be 3x's the amount of your grow medium, so if you have a 3 gal smart pot youd flush with 9 gals of fresh water.

also, the longer you let your plants cannibalize themselves the less chlorophyl will be in your buds and sugar leaf while they dry, this is said to quicken the dry time. well at least thats what "geroge cervantes" say in one of his 3 dvd's
lmao, spent most of today on youtube watching his grow dvds, if you search long enough you can find the first 3 in full length versions! it was kinda sweet =)

it might be like you said, because you pulled it 1-2 weeks early, not sure though... that kinda sounds like it might be the case, if you think the trich are really that under developed.

last part then ill shut up haha,
george cervaantes said this about the trichs:

plants mature and ready to harvest when trichome heads are all perfectly round, and 70% of those perfectly round heads are amber (stalks of trichs are still clear at this point.)

if less then 70% of heads are amber then its still early.

but if 70% of the heads area amber, AND the stalks are turning amber, then its been too long, at this point youll notice that trich heads are no longer perfectly round, they start to droop and sag out of shape, this is due to decomposition and thc's are actually starting to be broken down into cbd's and that means a much heavier high.

just a reiteration of: too early, just right, and a little too long, unless you already new and remember, cuz i knew but its been so long i def didnt remember the fine details haha.

that kinda suck though, hope that shit makes a turn for the best here soon!! keep us posted, maybe we can all learn a thing or two from it.

later man

yeah i know, i always write a novel haha, my bad!

What do u mean when u said the longr.u let the plants cannabailize themselves?
N thanks for the long explanations I like it man, always learning New stuff from u when u share.
Btw i watered yest n noticed these tiny.white oval shaped bugs crawling all over the soil! A shitload of em like probaly about 50 or so. When i pour water they come to the surface then after bout a min once the water is settled in they return back below the surface of the soil. I researched n only possibility i could find was maybe they r springtails???? Any info On what to do would be great.
Yest i checked sugar leaves trich colors. Out of probaly about 40-60 trich heads i saw maybe 10

when i say canabalize themselves im talking about when your no longer watering and your just feeding strait water, how the leaves start turning yellow and getting crispy. because the buds are seeking food and energy anywhere they can and sense there not getting it from there roots, they steal it from the leaves to keep the buds alive as long as possible in hopes to be pollinated and grow seed to spreed the genetics...

dude I had/ have this same issue, that tiny ass plant i grew with had them same things. they def looked like spring tails but by time i noticed them it was harvest and i just flushed them along with soil down the toilet.

i just transplanted pineapple chunk to some happy frog soil because i think there larva are in the bag of soil i bought from home depot.

i think there gone now, i had little sprout down to there bare naked roots, i tried to be gentle as possible, but they look much happier now! ive been taking pics just havent started journal yet.. soon! :)

shit sucks dunky dizzle! try doing root flush with azamax, or neam oil..
idk hopefully someones whose had experience and actually destroyed these bitches can chime in with some advice...

WR
IMAG1296.jpg

Almost.ready

O yea one of the OG#18s is growing new bud again,foxtailing, its really purple too. Wish I didnt f it up as bad as I did. Trichs are still small n the nugs are a.fair size condsidering what shes been.through. Next grow shell be a beast. As for the others, I checked trich colors yest. Confidential cheese is 100% cloudy wit a few amber here n there and all heads are fully developed,fat n round. Hopefully shell be done soon. Spicy white devil is about 80-90% cloudy with a few clear still n a couple Ambers. Id say White Russian is on the same page as SWD. Tomorrow is the final day of week 8 from beginning of flower, end of week 10 from switching to.12/12

You are gonna have a great harvest bro. All the plants look good... Can't really choose one I like the best. Where did ya get the seeds for the white Russians?

Whats good Herb,thanks bro.ibeen doing my best. I ordered all my beans from the attitude seedbank. The white Russians are from Serious Seeds and the others are DNA genetics/Reserva privada. If u wanna do a wr then go with serious seeds,great genes. Seems stable as they all grew the same. About 3 1/2 -4 ft tall real bushy nice Colas semi even.canopy, love em.

Whats good everyone,not much to update on. First day of week 9 today,gonna check trih colors tonite after watering. Hopefully ill harvest.c.c. this Sunday n the rest two Sundays from.now. Here some pics I took of my roor last nite after coppin some grand daddy purp. Btw if you have.a bong n wanna get it clean without using overpriced headshop shit all you need is rubbing alcohol and uncooked rice. Dont use salt as it will wear out ur glass.....
IMAG13011.jpg
IMAG13022.jpg
IMAG13033.jpg
IMAG13041.jpg
IMAG13052.jpg
IMAG13062.jpg

damn gimme that roor is BEAUTIFUL just something awe inspiring bout clear glass bongs def my favorite to smoke out of. u should upgrade it eventually with the roor ash catcher i got a red label one with the turbo bowl. ive fit over 3 grams into my turbo bowl packed tight as hell and it still hit like a mac truck def have many many foggy memories thanks to that piece.

girls r lokkin great too when u gonna be choppin them ladies down

Thanks for the kind words guys.
@Hash, i love my roor! It was long overdo. Yea for my bday ima get an ashcatcher n a diffuser. It was supposed to come with a diff but they sold out n reordered n the New batch didnt have em,i was pissed but what can u do. Just checked trichs n got 100% cloudy On all of em n conf cheese is slowly turning amber here n there. Im hoping another week cuz i been only feeding plain water for the past 3 weeks now

Really doing a great job GTG!!! just finally caught up with your journal and wow...those nugs look really sticky!!

About the springtails, I have them too, and from what I read, they seem to be more beneficial than harmful, as long as you have a good amount of organic goodies in your soil.. The feed on the organic material and fungi and I read that they actually can help transport mycos to your lower roots as well as help control any bad fungus in the soil...

Nice RooR!!! I have a double perk Roor and love it!! there such nice pieces...

Your ladies are looking great!!! keep up the good work!!

Whats up peoples,sorry i been missing but not much goin On as i eagerly await for these girls to finish.
Thanks Icemud for the compliments and info On springtails as i was getting worried about em. As far as the ladies go,,,,,conf cheese got really fukin purple this past week n looks insanely beautiful. white russians fattened up a bit n og18 is foxtailing New growth n purple all around. Checked multiple sugar leaves yest n still not alot of amber yet. Seems like forever waitin On em to ripen. This sunday will officially be the 70th Day in flower,84 days from switching over ti 12/12. Should i absolutely wait for the amber trichs? Ive been feeding only plain water for almost a month now!!!

gimme u can cut whenever u feel like it. the amber trichs just mean that the high will be more immobilizing, couchlock. u will def get that feeling with buds looking like that anyway but waiting for the ambers just makes the plant have a higher cbd value. unless ur tryin to get rid of very severe pain those plants should be ready to come down and u will not be disappointed bout the way they smoke.

But if u have lots of patience and can take the waiting game let them go til u feel the right time has come.

good luck with the harvest when it comes

:peace:

i wouldnt say its a bad thing at least ur bud will have a very natural taste. how do all the leaves look on the plants are they changing colors and starting to get dry and brittle? this is usually how u can tell the plant is about done because its drawing all the last nutrients stored in the plant to finish its life. can you post a pic of them today?

doing a multiple harvest sounds like a good idea. it will give u more days to finish the harvest and will give u a comparison to smoke against, one goes longer than the other. then u can get the feel for what kind of bud is ur fave. the amber trichs or the cloudy trichs.

Back
Top Bottom