New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

sounds like good info to me, rain water is always going to be good, but what about stream water, where i walk my dog their is a mad made stream thats been their since the 1700's and it was used to take water from a river and along this stream and then power a water mill, the water mill is not used anymore but this brick built stream is still their, it has wildlife on it like ducks and stuff like that, it has many run off drains filling it up as well, such as big tubes coming out the ground either side of this stream, its not farm field run off its sort of left to grow natural land that has grass and bushes growing, further away is housing estate so think its more to stop the water building up in the ground under the houses, im wondering if this would be better to water the plants with than using tap water, im going to test the ph when my tester comes but apart from that i dont really know much about stream or river water, but their always the chance of getting little critters in the water, just didnt know if it was a good idea or not, i could filter it to remove any little creatures but is it worth the effort, probably not as ill soon have my bpn products to feed my plants with

Ok I just tried the Lemon Juice to lower my ph, Results are as follows, Big fart noise! No I got it on my stupid 2 prong meter down to somewhere near 6.5 to 7, I am also going to check it later after the soil takes to it! I also added bloom to it as well(alaska bloom 0-10-10, which should have lowered the Ph as well so I was told. I olny did this to the 2 plants I didnt fluch and will wait to do the flushed plants in 2 days! Im wondering if Vinegar is a better ph down than lemon juice due to or because vinegar evaporates so quickly wit would not be good! Im learnin g home remedies and should be buying the right stuff but money is an issue at the beginning of the months, My Bills are RIDICULOUS! Any input guy? And I was told I was watering wrong, I should water, water, nute water? does this sound right?

Ok I just tried the Lemon Juice to lower my ph, Results are as follows, Big fart noise! No I got it on my stupid 2 prong meter down to somewhere near 6.5 to 7, I am also going to check it later after the soil takes to it! I also added bloom to it as well(alaska bloom 0-10-10, which should have lowered the Ph as well so I was told. I olny did this to the 2 plants I didnt fluch and will wait to do the flushed plants in 2 days! Im wondering if Vinegar is a better ph down than lemon juice due to or because vinegar evaporates so quickly wit would not be good! Im learnin g home remedies and should be buying the right stuff but money is an issue at the beginning of the months, My Bills are RIDICULOUS! Any input guy? And I was told I was watering wrong, I should water, water, nute water? does this sound right?

I haven't used anything except for PH up/down from amazon (which is fairly cheap) so I can't help you there, sorry! On the feed schedule, I personally would like to push mine to their limit but before any harm is done. So I always just stuck with feed...feed... and then a good water (more ounces then feeding). I was told the same thing you were that it should be water, water, feed and then I was unsure what to do, I PM'd Blue Planet Nutrients and he said the same exact thing as I first said. He wrote he likes to push them and give them as much as he can that is still safe for them. Which will vary from strain to strain so you have to see how your plants react to it. So again for me I stuck with feed...feed..water... You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

I haven't used anything except for PH up/down from amazon (which is fairly cheap) so I can't help you there, sorry! On the feed schedule, I personally would like to push mine to their limit but before any harm is done. So I always just stuck with feed...feed... and then a good water (more ounces then feeding). I was told the same thing you were that it should be water, water, feed and then I was unsure what to do, I PM'd Blue Planet Nutrients and he said the same exact thing as I first said. He wrote he likes to push them and give them as much as he can that is still safe for them. Which will vary from strain to strain so you have to see how your plants react to it. So again for me I stuck with feed...feed..water... You'll have to figure out what works best for you.
Ok I just checked the girls ph with my silly 2 prong meter, and to my surprise I am sitting at 6(ph) right now and that makes me feel a wee bit better, I will check them in a few hours again. When I fed the the 2 in question they peed their buckets and I am satisfied with the outcome so far! What I did was took a gallon of distilled water added my 4 ml of bloom, and then added about 15ml of vinegar maybe a heavy 15, and that was my turnout for that, I heard on the lemon juice to add half of one of those little squeeze concentrate lemons to it but I chose to go with my vinegar experiment and went well, I will have to ask around to see what others think about the Lemon thing.. Now I dont have to worry that they raent getting the nutes they need, I also heard the Vinegar brings out the potassium or something lol Im no pro! Thanks man

couldnt help you mate im not that well up on the nutes, but i wonder if the buds would taste of lemon if you used it near the end of flower, ive heard it discussed but thats about it,
so tesmp you add nute twice to every water, so you mix the nutes in water and feed the plants that twice then the third time you just feed water, how often are you watering, every 2 or 3 days,

couldnt help you mate im not that well up on the nutes, but i wonder if the buds would taste of lemon if you used it near the end of flower, ive heard it discussed but thats about it,
so tesmp you add nute twice to every water, so you mix the nutes in water and feed the plants that twice then the third time you just feed water, how often are you watering, every 2 or 3 days,

That is correct. Feed...feed...water... and it's typically every 3 days sometimes 2 days but I've increased it from 48 ounces to 64 ounces about a half gallon for each of them so it's again every 3 days. Not saying it will be the best way for your plants, you guys really just have to try and figure that out. Every strain has a different resistance to nutrients.

yep every strain is different and the water we use is different and even the grow medium, when i add nutes do i use the same amount of water as i do if i wasnt using any nutes or do you water them with less when adding the nutes so you dont get any run off,

Yeah I do it till I get run off every time. As they get bigger it takes more to get run off so make sure to check. It usually has a decent puddle in the bottom of the drip container and within 5 minutes its all sucked back up. If it's not I dump it out.

thanks mate, so your giving it the same amount if liquid as you if your just giving it water on it own, i didnt know if you gave it less when you added the nutes to prevent the nutes draining out the pot, but i will need to put a dish under my pots to let the run off drain into,

Yeah I do it till I get run off every time. As they get bigger it takes more to get run off so make sure to check. It usually has a decent puddle in the bottom of the drip container and within 5 minutes its all sucked back up. If it's not I dump it out.
I noticed even over night after I got my soil in all 4 pots down to 6ph that they even grew more over night, doe's the lock out stop once the soil is at the proper ph? Because one of my plants that was idle made some progress, or is that just my wishful thinking, And will my plant taste like lemon or vinegar because i used them to lower my ph? Other than that pics coming today folks, I have some buds forming you all would like to see, Its 7am right now And I dont feel like being a photographer right now..going to the shop to get some coffee, Be back in a few! And that reminds me I have to put bowl under my milk crates for run off, I soaked my floor yesterday(rug even). cant have it smell moldy!

thanks mate, so your giving it the same amount if liquid as you if your just giving it water on it own, i didnt know if you gave it less when you added the nutes to prevent the nutes draining out the pot, but i will need to put a dish under my pots to let the run off drain into,
Heres an update for you guys! And don you asked how tall my plants were I think, And the 2 im about to show have never had pics taken of them because I was a little emabarrased by them but oh the ugly duckling isnt so ugly anymore now is she, Welcome to the forums ladies,we no further introductions, Drum roll please!

This one Is just going sick just plain out getting bigger than all of the others, It wont slow down LOL!!

tmpphplH2Hsp.jpg

ALL PICS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY !!

And heres the others twin I have posted before I just wanted to wait until she was looking good, I am kinda jealous of the rest of you guys!! hahaha. But they are now looking less handicapped everyday!(no offense to anyone handicapped)

tmpphp0zOWhx.jpg

I added some pics, I have only been taking pics of 2 particular plants, heres my other 2 now that they are looking better..

Heres an update for you guys! And don you asked how tall my plants were I think, And the 2 im about to show have never had pics taken of them because I was a little emabarrased by them but oh the ugly duckling isnt so ugly anymore now is she, Welcome to the forums ladies,we no further introductions, Drum roll please!

This one Is just going sick just plain out getting bigger than all of the others, It wont slow down LOL!!

tmpphplH2Hsp.jpg

ALL PICS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY !!

And heres the others twin I have posted before I just wanted to wait until she was looking good, I am kinda jealous of the rest of you guys!! hahaha. But they are now looking less handicapped everyday!(no offense to anyone handicapped)

tmpphp0zOWhx.jpg
Just seems this plant is vegging and vegging while flowering? I dont understand it(the plant on top!)

did they both go into flower at the same time, has the bigger plant got enough light to keep it in flower or is it in complete darkness during the 12 hours darks,

or did you put them both to flower at different times,

can you get close up shots of the bud sites on the top plant, is the top plant in flower yet,? im sure teSmp can let you know if something is wrong with the top plant,

@teSmp, still waiting for parcel, says its cleared or clearing customs from what i can tell, bank holiday here now till tuesday so should be here next week some time, ill let you know,

almost a full month now, like I said before I feel a bit behind, Lack of nutes in the beginning!

And not a single flower? It definitely looks like it's stretched though?

How long in flower?
I started all of them flowering 12/12 at the same time, Planted all 9 of them the same time, Lost 5 along the way all male. And the 4 that are left are all females and from unknown strains! here another pic of the top of the big one! Its flowering but my camera is just awful! And No I dont paint my toenails its my wife's foot! lol

There's lots going on under the canopy and I do have plenty of light, I have 6, 32w 5000k floros for 4 plants.I know 2 of these plants will be done befroe the others so This one will have alone time with all that light!

tmpphp1jaZs4.jpg

tmpphpW0pAiq.jpg

All PICS ARE INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!!:420:

Ok well it appears healthy. All I can really think of is it's going to be a strain with a long flowering period, but I haven't personally experienced this so hopefully someone else can answer you without guessing!

@donpaul, sweet man hopefully it gets there soon, your girls need something to drink!

Back
Top Bottom