New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

dry pot method mentioned by donpaul.p is a great method +reps for that GREAT response bud :Namaste:
Yeah I gave him reps too, That was thorough, And Aston is right too with the 24 hours of cap time, And also guys I am about to post a pic of my friends grow room, I want to know if the room needs fixing and so does he.fixing meaning the height is right or wrong the temp I got down for him he was running 80 degrees and 65% humidity I got it down to 78 and 45%, were both rookies and hes got a better set up but its not set up right.. take a peek?? And I have some pics of mine coming along after this post, Just gotta snap a few shots and Im about to eat lunch!

Here's the pic sorry so crappy and orange but didnt want to turn off lights to get a pic!

tmpphpaBqhrt.jpg

Yeah I gave him reps too, That was thorough, And Aston is right too with the 24 hours of cap time, And also guys I am about to post a pic of my friends grow room, I want to know if the room needs fixing and so does he.fixing meaning the height is right or wrong the temp I got down for him he was running 80 degrees and 65% humidity I got it down to 78 and 45%, were both rookies and hes got a better set up but its not set up right.. take a peek?? And I have some pics of mine coming along after this post, Just gotta snap a few shots and Im about to eat lunch!

Here's the pic sorry so crappy and orange but didnt want to turn off lights to get a pic!

tmpphpaBqhrt.jpg
600watt cfl, hes got the charcoal, i bet you need more info than this.. while your chuckling I will have him take a pic of it and send it, this is the one I took while I was there!

I wrote this in my journal mate, but probably better here.

It looks like the food you using for flower is a veg feed as it has high N which you don't need during flower. Try using a flower chem with more PK. The yellowing will be a N deff as old pan leaves don't just die. It may be due to the flush as the soil will be quite dry of nutes. But also your pH is high. Add some pure lemon juice to your feed to lower the pH, that's how I keep my feeds at 5.8, but if your using soil you want to aim at 6.3 range. Here's a pH chart showing what nutes are available at different pH's.

Astonr already put a PH chart up so wasn't going to bother but had a look and I think this one is easier to understand. IMO.

user17219_pic14203_1233853343.gif

I got down for him he was running 80 degrees and 65% humidity I got it down to 78 and 45%, were both rookies and hes got a better set up but its not set up right.. take a peek?? And I have some pics of mine coming along after this post, Just gotta snap a few shots and Im about to eat lunch!

They in veg mate 65% fine for veg, its flower when you want it at like 35%. They love high humidity and mist during veg!!

And 78F fine. Not sure on height of light , see if it burns your hand , which it wont coz it high to me. Bring it down and have your hand at the height of your plants, if it is hot to the hand, it is to the plant.

I can't tell really in the pic of your friends grow. It looks like his light could be a little high for a 600 HPS but again, I can't tell just off the pic. Even more he could have problems with heat if he lowers it to close the plant, maybe lower it and have a fan blow between the plants and the light. Try and get a measurement of how high it is between the canopy and lights. +rep to donpaul for the great little summary and sorry I can't help with your deficiency, I haven't had one so I don't know to much there.

I have Alaska morbloom is the brand 0-10-10 should I be using just that alone or with the combo of cal mag 2-0-0 with it? I lost one fan leaf today, poor soul! Im a bit worried that they are all gonna fall of now that i screwed with it, well i flushed 2 plants yesterday and wont touch them for about 5 days, and then should I add what I mentioned and the lemon juice as well all in one?

Updated pics guy's hope they came out a little better for you to see. God I love these girls!

This ones my favorite, but I guess they are all my favs but I like this one a lil better..

tmpphpPvEHyE.jpg

Getting better with the cam

tmpphppMKZzz.jpg
tmpphpM5ivqr.jpg

Got more buds on this one but I still like the other better!

tmpphpGZP3LC.jpg

Enjoy!!

ALL PICS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!
:420:

when i leave my tap water out for 24 hours i have it sitting in a few pint glasses, ive only got 4 plants so i can keep a few pint glasses filled up and a few jugs and i just leave them out till the next time i water, how ever as stated the chlorine is gone after 24 hours so anything longer than this is fine, i have an air stone and pump and before i water i put the nutes in the water and put the air pump in for few minutes, mixes it all up and puts some O2 back into the water, not sure if it makes much difference but its what ive been doing

looks like you got some nice plants, the top picture does look the best but they will all fill out more, do you know what the expected flower time is on the strain your growing,
Supposedly I have one thats from a purple haze, the rest were bag seed, I got lucky and out of the 4 I have I have 2 sativa and 2 indica they way they are looking and growing.. The top pic is Sativa and the bigger of the 4 pics is one of the Indicas, I could be wrong but it;s looking so! I Will post all 4 plants together and you guys can decide, I just took pics of the better looking girls :bongrip:

Astonr already put a PH chart up so wasn't going to bother but had a look and I think this one is easier to understand. IMO.

user17219_pic14203_1233853343.gif

Yea what do you know. LOL, just messing, I think mine was a little easier to read, not to mention it had the green area range of good range. I always look at the Hydro side on the one you put up.

:peacetwo:

im going to have to learn about all this ph stuff, ive not got a ph meter yet but im going to order one off amazon as they seem cheap on their, it all looks a bit confusing to me

you know the charts shows the expected ph range then has the nutrient types running up and down the scale as well, is that showing us that the plant is getting the nutrients during them ph levels, sorry to ask but im new to all this nute and ph stuff, when i grew 9 years ago we just fed it miracle grow and it worked and got a good yield, but im trying to dial it all in now to get the best i can from my plants, if you mind me asking thats ok i wont ask again,

im going to have to learn about all this ph stuff, ive not got a ph meter yet but im going to order one off amazon as they seem cheap on their, it all looks a bit confusing to me

you know the charts shows the expected ph range then has the nutrient types running up and down the scale as well, is that showing us that the plant is getting the nutrients during them ph levels, sorry to ask but im new to all this nute and ph stuff, when i grew 9 years ago we just fed it miracle grow and it worked and got a good yield, but im trying to dial it all in now to get the best i can from my plants, if you mind me asking thats ok i wont ask again,

That's exactly right donpaul, the plants uptake the nutrients at those specified PH levels. As the chart says, soil users want the PH to be between 6.3-6.8 for there not to be any nutrient lockout. I forgot to mention but you will need to get PH up/down when you start using the nutes. Every time you mix nutrients you will have to use PH up to get it in the acceptable range of 6.3-6.8. Check amazon for that as well.

yep i think i will, is their specific products to buy for that or is their something you can use that you can buy off the shelf in supermarket, i mean is their anything i can use to adjust the ph up or down without ordering it from hydro shop because their are not many hydro shops around in my country, i could possibly order some off amazon if needed, but do they have specific names, and how is it best to check the ph, is it best if i check the nutes before watering the plants then check the run off, or do i only need to check the nute solution before i water the plants, or is their another method of checking the ph of the soil,

yep i think i will, is their specific products to buy for that or is their something you can use that you can buy off the shelf in supermarket, i mean is their anything i can use to adjust the ph up or down without ordering it from hydro shop because their are not many hydro shops around in my country, i could possibly order some off amazon if needed, but do they have specific names, and how is it best to check the ph, is it best if i check the nutes before watering the plants then check the run off, or do i only need to check the nute solution before i water the plants, or is their another method of checking the ph of the soil,
You know thats a good question, I will look into it today and ask around!

You know thats a good question, I will look into it today and ask around!

don't get the regular cheap ph up or ph down. that will SUBSTANTIALLY lower your ph or higher it. Examply ph is at 7 and you want to lower it, so you add some ph down, now its 5 ph... and very acidic... what do you do? i know your not gonna add more ph up. or try to figure out how much your gonna add? no, i would just get some rain water and start watering with that, thats if your ph is high, cuz rain is acidic, if its the other way around and ph is low, then use distilled water that is usually neutral (7) so that will only slightly raise ph, unlike ph up or ph down.

I will say, if you ARE gonna go with the ph up or down, i would go with hydro-store-sold ph adjuster, they might have one to slightly adjust ph.

Im no expert just trying to pass some information

HOPE THIS HELPS! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom