New Farmer - Advice Appreciated

Re: Hi New Farmer here. Please help

Ok you guys abandoned me! I am having stress issues because I just transplanted today and he/she is leaning now, I didnt notice before if it did that the last time I transplanted, I hope i did everything ok, I moved them into 5 Gallon buckets because I dont have the money to transplant them twice, and I think they can handle the room! I finally added Cal Mag a week before I moved them, I dodnt get Fox Farm or fancy stuff, I got stuck with Miracle Grow Soils, I havent watered yet and I will wait till I think its dry? Did I make the right call on the no waterng yet? Please do tell me, Heres a pic of the plants..God I hope they dont keel over from trans!

The Buckets they live in
7387.jpg

New Growth
9233.jpg
8307.jpg

Above view!
11479.jpg
10200.jpg

All Pictures are for entertainment and role play only!
Also someone told me if my plants have 5 leaves they are males and 7 leaves if females, Is that correct? And Im getting nervous about this transplant! Thanks in andvance!

INCORRECT GOOD SIR!!!

you can't tell just from looking at the leaves!! there is only 1 way of making a guesstimation if it is a male or a female... and so far what I have noticed, it is true!!!

if you have a plant that is doing a bigger stretch than the others it can possibly, I say again POSSIBLY, could have a male on your hands!!! other than that, you have to wait til you see the pistol for female or the naners drop for a male!!!

First signs of Female:
SAM_1417.JPG

First signs of Male:
SLH_MALE.jpg

hope this helps!!!

:peacetwo:

Well thanks, now im wondering if this as all for nothing, I have seven and the chances of all of em being males is simply greater now than ever, But I dont see those 3 bumps on my plants at all, I guess i will have to wait and see once those little leaves pop out,I am frustrated at impatient, They have a realllly skunky smell to them, So its a total waste if there males? I dont know

Patience...

You will need to have at least 5-6 nodes before it is mature enough to show itself at all. Watch the 4-5 nodes closely. NO worries plenty of time to discern them yet. Odds are you will end up with at least one. No promises but its the roll of the dice. Learn what you can each time. So far things are good.

The 4 and 5 nodes? starting from the bottom up? Because where the first set of fan leaves were and has fallen off there are some new nodes coming out of there! Well they were drooping after transplant and now when I woke up they were back to normal, So The pics you saw were inconclusive? I see on the same sides where the new nodes are growing, there are 2 lpoionty little straight things I dont want to call it a pistal and read into things but I see the males have bumpy nodes, Well I wont assume I will just post a few more pics and go from there, Speculation equals aggravation for the impatient such as myself LOL, Thanks

The 4 and 5 nodes? starting from the bottom up? Because where the first set of fan leaves were and has fallen off there are some new nodes coming out of there! Well they were drooping after transplant and now when I woke up they were back to normal, So The pics you saw were inconclusive? I see on the same sides where the new nodes are growing, there are 2 lpoionty little straight things I dont want to call it a pistal and read into things but I see the males have bumpy nodes, Well I wont assume I will just post a few more pics and go from there, Speculation equals aggravation for the impatient such as myself LOL, Thanks

Droopy after transplant is not unusual. Water adequately when it's transplanted, then leave it alone. It will drink very little till it stretches it's legs. Here is where I am very impressed with coco as a medium. I see zero transplant shock and its hard to over water. Generally speaking don't let it dry out, nor do you want to over water. One can tell the difference once you learn what to look for. They droop just bit different from each other. I would describe it as, dry it looks limp like a dish rag. Over watered, it looks heavy with water. Without enough water the plant can not support it's own leaf or stem structure. It's easy to go too much or too little, but not to worry respond as needed and it will survive.

As for the nodes, Yes from the bottom up. You will have growth in that joint as well, like in your pics. Just more regular growth is what you see currently. Hard to tell but it kind of looks like you have 3 or 4 nodes high. Keep in mind these are not hard set rules only guidelines if you will. Variety amongst the different strains one can encounter. Hence the reason many like to work with a known gene pool to start. Think of it as making a cake. Different ingredients for different types of cakes. The current strain I am growing has what I like, such as fast growth, 3-4' tall, Strong hearty stalks and stems. Very tolerant of my growing style as well.

You will learn most things can not be conquered in a day, nor can they be grown in a week. Go with the flow as it were. You rush or diddle too much you stand good risk of doing harm more than good at this point in your game. Education is the best tool right now. It will appease your appetite and answer many questions for you. Give you something to do and the results will show in your garden.

So the 2 pistals if you will that I am seeing is not an indication of feamle or male at the moment , your saying its still to early and males carry that characteristic as well, Heres an up close pic of the one in question`

12231.jpg

All pictures are intended for role play and entertainment only!

Correct!

And there it is^^^

Male and female are hard to tell apart at 1st the way I did it long ago was just to wait till the nodes start to stagger the females will start producing nice long hairs in the node the males will have shorter hairs you could also just wait and throw them into flower after a few weeks you will know for sure. And FYI the soil you are using is poison very bad. Other than that just keep going with the punches and keep records and most important be pataint and don't handle them alot if you must just talk to them it helps them grow because you add co2 :)
Good luck

Still no signs of sex on the fuckin plants, Im about to tear em up out of the soil and call it a day ! I have more stipules that I know what to do with, I have fan leaves on my lateral stems, I have had it all together with this shit, I topped my plants yeaterday as well and they bled red! And I thought that was supposed to stop them from growing taller? Bullshit! they grew another half inch over night. I am really getting bored and impatient with this , Hats off to those who do it with no hitches but I guess this is not for me, So I will be signing off of this site and deleting my account with me, Pot growing is not for me. Guess I wil continue to buy it!

High keith1074,
Sorry to hear that we are losing another brother... I wish you would stay with us and at least try to help spread the word of our works here at :420:

We are sorry to see you leave and hope that you have a excellent journey in life. Please feel free to come back, We will be here waiting for your brotha.

Greenest regards,

Astonr420
420 Support

:peacetwo:

Kieth remember one of the most important skills of growing is patiantns it takes alot of it. Just keep rolling with the punches brother and you will be happy in the end I promise!!

Still no signs of sex on the fuckin plants, Im about to tear em up out of the soil and call it a day ! I have more stipules that I know what to do with, I have fan leaves on my lateral stems, I have had it all together with this shit, I topped my plants yeaterday as well and they bled red! And I thought that was supposed to stop them from growing taller? Bullshit! they grew another half inch over night. I am really getting bored and impatient with this , Hats off to those who do it with no hitches but I guess this is not for me, So I will be signing off of this site and deleting my account with me, Pot growing is not for me. Guess I wil continue to buy it!

lol

Back
Top Bottom