Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

Love what you do Roseman, Thank you for your time and effort sharing this wonderful step by step thread.
What are the advantages of making a patty, What I'm I missing just sprinkling Kief in a bowl on top of a little weed or lining a joint with it. Thanks Pal. ;)

Thank you, THE WEED.

If I take a pinch, lets say a weighed 1/8 of a gram of Kief, and put it in a pipe, and it is NOT pressed or clumped or compressed together, a flame will make it go POOF! and it is gone.

If I do compress it, I can get at least two tokes, one for each person, if I just light the edge and let it burn very slowly across from one edge to another, sort of like charcoal incense burns.
And
Let me remind you that smoke is escaping gases or moisture, smoke is what did not burn, and that is what gets us high. To get good smoke, we want a slow burn, a light burn, not a heavy big burn. HASH smokes much slower and is less hot.

If you're goig to smoke Kief, at least press it hard with something, compact it, make it hard and not fluffy, even if its squeezed between your fingers.

To me, just my humble opinion, but smoking just pure straight HASH or KIEF is such a different high, a heady high, I hate to mix mine with pot too.

In the 70s, I was financially very poor, and Pot was 60 cents a gram, and HASH was $5 a gram. We really hated to waste it and we only loaded one hit at a time in the pipe.

I use a Silver Surfer press. On there site it is listed under grinders, and it is called a pollen press. Works for small amounts, grams or so. It works okay for the price $27. It is small like a roll of quarters.

The Silver Surfer press, can also be used in a vice by removing one of the treaded ends and squeezing the pucks instead of using the presses threads.

Roseman,Labrat,FrostyBuds FryingPanFlyer, Thanks all for the hash making info now as soon as I can grow enough stuff I would love to give this a try !! So off to the closet to tell my lady friend to get it in gear and finish !! I'm so tired of buying weed !!! And It's been years since I've had any decent hash !! :peace:

Roseman,Labrat,FrostyBuds FryingPanFlyer, Thanks all for the hash making info now as soon as I can grow enough stuff I would love to give this a try !! So off to the closet to tell my lady friend to get it in gear and finish !! I'm so tired of buying weed !!! And It's been years since I've had any decent hash !! :peace:

No kidding about having decent hash, can't wait. But I'm also thinking of making some edibles. I'd love to make some oil to cook my morning omelette in! Now that the way to start the day!

When I was in college I used to sprinkle a couple tablespoons over my breakfast cereal, mellow high for a long time. Edibles would take that to a new level!

No kidding about having decent hash, can't wait. But I'm also thinking of making some edibles. I'd love to make some oil to cook my morning omelette in! Now that the way to start the day!

might be the way to end a day, if you get too stoned.

When I was in college I used to sprinkle a couple tablespoons over my breakfast cereal, mellow high for a long time. Edibles would take that to a new level!

I've never been able to get off eating raw hash or raw kief tho, and I tried. I think it has to be cooked.

I've never been able to get of eating raw hash or raw kief tho, and I tried. I think it has to be cooked.

Well, this should be the trick then if I made butter!

Back then we'd screen up buds, it was window screen though, not very small so we got all the plant along with it. Thank goodness I've got a place to learn the right way to do it now!

Thanks again Roseman

Very nice thread Roseman, as usual! Tried to +rep you, will when I can.

Does anyone have a pic of a DIY homemade PRESS, or a store bought one, to post here.

Great thread Roseman, I'll will definitely be using this when I get there.

I'm gonna have to take a pic of my hand vices to show you, I think I could make a press out of them. My father got em at a yard sale I believe they were made in 1910 but they still work. You should get a kick out of them.

Great post Roseman !

I am a bit more partial to Bubblehash and BHO. Sometimes even adding those together to make Jelly hash and what not.

But who cares how ya get it, we all gotta love some hash ! :grinjoint:

And for press, the best and most fairly priced ones I can find are Clay Extruders.

Two popular ones

aluminum:
https://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP61104882.htm?utm_medium=productsearch&utm_source=google

cost you $20. Works great ! But pressing a little hard can break the cylinder.

If you want something a little more sturdy, check out the stainless steel model:
Steroids for sale in Australia | Buy Premium Steroids and Muscle Gain Products

Much stronger build.

Use the two included pieces with the smallest opening. The cylinder is the size of a dime, so two dimes work great at preventing the device from "extruding" the hash out the hole. Also leaves a cool imprint of the dime on your hash puck (disc).

They work great, super easy. Take em apart and clean with ISO after each use. LOVE EM !

Great info on hash making. :cheer: :bong:

I like a chunk of hash better than loose kief as well and the method of compressing it that you showed will get a try very soon as I've still got about a film canister of kief left over from the last grow.

Another great posting by the Roseman!

:peace:

Great post Roseman !

I am a bit more partial to Bubblehash and BHO. Sometimes even adding those together to make Jelly hash and what not.

But who cares how ya get it, we all gotta love some hash ! :grinjoint:

And for press, the best and most fairly priced ones I can find are Clay Extruders.

Two popular ones

aluminum:
Makin's USA Professional Ultimate Clay Extruder - 35055 - RitzCamera.com

cost you $20. Works great ! But pressing a little hard can break the cylinder.

If you want something a little more sturdy, check out the stainless steel model:
Steroids for sale in Australia | Buy Premium Steroids and Muscle Gain Products

Much stronger build.

Use the two included pieces with the smallest opening. The cylinder is the size of a dime, so two dimes work great at preventing the device from "extruding" the hash out the hole. Also leaves a cool imprint of the dime on your hash puck (disc).

They work great, super easy. Take em apart and clean with ISO after each use. LOVE EM !

Was that you that made those "pucks" on the old site? You had us all going with that one, now I call them pucks too!

Was that you that made those "pucks" on the old site? You had us all going with that one, now I call them pucks too!

haha yup that was me.

They look like little hockey pucks ! haha

fresh_hash.jpg

See ! haha

Will have to get some pics of me burning some. Its great. Bubbles and melts into a goo that covers the bowl. Melts into the cannabis and makes for a killer bowl :bong:.

Ya hash pucks ! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom