Have I already messed up my first indoor grow?

Id be hesitant to use cement sheeting mate, for all sorts of reasons.

If your really going to do it either get it cut, or drag a respirator out, or a P2 or higher mask.

Anything other than cutter disk is best, like shears or scoring, save that fucking dust. Seal the boards out before securing into place.

Its fine for outdoor use but in a small humid environment Id be cautious. Preferably get a pink sheet, or the good old blue sheet, blue being constructed for a wet environment.

Last thing you want is mould, once you put that hard sheet near an impervious material like the tents are made out of the sweating will get held in the space between them with no airflow to stop it happening, and shit getting stuck in the pores, like mould spores.

Id go refrigeration sheet, or aluminium, or composite (aluminium with a plastic inner mid lining) something that can be washed down and isnt pourous and can be easily joined without creating nasty dust as a by product.

Any way mate, just advice from one aussie to another. Passing it on as a tradie trying to keep you safe and have something fit for purpose.

A dollar saved today will cost you a heck of a lot more tomorrow. Suggested materials arent cheap but think of it as an investment.

Ususally theres a bunch of demo or second hand building places around if your not too remote that will have in stock at prices not outrageous.

Id be hesitant to use cement sheeting mate, for all sorts of reasons.

If your really going to do it either get it cut, or drag a respirator out, or a P2 or higher mask.

Anything other than cutter disk is best, like shears or scoring, save that fucking dust. Seal the boards out before securing into place.

Its fine for outdoor use but in a small humid environment Id be cautious. Preferably get a pink sheet, or the good old blue sheet, blue being constructed for a wet environment.

Last thing you want is mould, once you put that hard sheet near an impervious material like the tents are made out of the sweating will get held in the space between them with no airflow to stop it happening, and shit getting stuck in the pores, like mould spores.

Id go refrigeration sheet, or aluminium, or composite (aluminium with a plastic inner mid lining) something that can be washed down and isnt pourous and can be easily joined without creating nasty dust as a by product.

Any way mate, just advice from one aussie to another. Passing it on as a tradie trying to keep you safe and have something fit for purpose.

A dollar saved today will cost you a heck of a lot more tomorrow. Suggested materials arent cheap but think of it as an investment.

Ususally theres a bunch of demo or second hand building places around if your not too remote that will have in stock at prices not outrageous.
Cheers digger, before I became too unwell to work, I spent 10 years working with my mate as a chippy, appreciate the advice though, I'm toying with a design to build a proper room specifically for a space in my 4 car garage, with fire retardant acoustic 2.5 roof batts and blue foil insulation, blue board would be ideal, the price difference though, and yeah live in a small regional town. I run a pretty dry environment, but definitely for for thought, thanks:Namaste:

Cheers digger, before I became too unwell to work, I spent 10 years working with my mate as a chippy, appreciate the advice though, I'm toying with a design to build a proper room specifically for a space in my 4 car garage, with fire retardant acoustic 2.5 roof batts and blue foil insulation, blue board would be ideal, the price difference though, and yeah live in a small regional town. I run a pretty dry environment, but definitely for for thought, thanks:Namaste:

Ah a chippy hey? Then youll be no stranger to the sheeting, probably got all the proper tools and gear any way.

I knocked one up for my grow buddy purely out of recovery (not stolen, all overruns and asked for) materials and lined it with composite. That was the expensive part, composite, save for the two way hinges on the grow room entrance door and waterproofing. The reflective white and the lightweight material was made for this sort of project though.

Wired to spec by a sparky. We did the simple 3/4 copper line for water. Insulated, and plastered outside, framed up in treated ran across trusses in the ceiling of the exterior shed/garage as there were no battens, dyna bolted to concrete floor, ran a small entry way hall with a lockable solid door. Floor raised 45, set in a waterproofed tile floor with a drain to the outside.

All up with sparky but excluding construction labour was around $1900 including cams and realtime temp & RH monitors, worth the time and expense can dial that room in to be perfect 99% of the time. He already had all the grow equipment.

Running scrub no smell, and you cant hear whats happening on the otherside.

Once my shed is built thinking if doing the same thing, or very similar. If I do Ill be sure to document on here which will make much more sense to an aussie.

I have an old industrial aircon frame about 2.4 x 3.2 gonna use, i beam gal construction, use that to support the mezzanine going in.

@DV8 Nice one man, definitely interested in seeing what you do with the a/C frame! Tag me if you document it for sure! I source as much of my materials from demo of the garage, and stuff that was just left here when I moved in, I'm totally diy where I can, and repurpose whatever I can to make stuff I can't afford, or there just isn't a product for what I need! I'm currently teaching myself how to weld, and therefore being able to take timber out of the framework all together. Using cement this time around will be just for isolating electrics next to potentially flammable areas... But the room is clad with asbestos sheeting anyhow haha. I'm on solar here and would love to know a sparkly I trusted, but I may have a way around that, but that's then, and this is now. When I'm set up I'll show via pics of the new rig . Much:green_heart:and respect 420 crew, peas

Hey fella no need to tip your hand to the sparky, so long as you know your input requirements and dont say fuck all about growing youll be fine. Call it hydro veges if youve got to really be pushed for an answer, or juicing trays.

When you say weld do you mean stick mig or other? If your just stick welding get a pretty good deal on those little invertor welders these days, youll be a boilermaker in no time. Satincraft 13s, treat yourself.

When I get around to this build in a couple 2 3 months Ill be sure to drop back here and tag you there. Just gonna call mine a sauna room.

I'm starting small, have a 1300 degrees mini blow torch, and low temp aluminium rods, I've only tried using it for tinning, but was useless, better of with the solder iron there, about to try some bigger stuff soon, curious to see if the joins are strong... Supposed to match the parent metals strength. As for the electrician, i realised that nothing need be said, unless I was to keep the tent in the spare room, but ideally I'd love to have an of grid supply and or battery for the occasional power outage and obviously not paying for it, or it showing the excess on the bill

When I get around to this build in a couple 2 3 months Ill be sure to drop back here and tag you there. Just gonna call mine a sauna room.
You could also call it a meat smoking or curing room, if anyone is suss on ventilation and burn Hickory chips in a Barbie next to it every now and then:p

Back
Top Bottom