Hello everyone!

Funny enough I disagree with supergroomer. Soil might be "more forgiving" But hydro sets you up with the basic knowledge of fertz, ph and expected growth patterns. In hydro you can fix problems more quickly and have a less step learning curve IMO than soil.

Hydro, water + ferts + ph

Soil, fert, build soil, maintain soil, water, ph

Funny enough I disagree with supergroomer. Soil might be "more forgiving" But hydro sets you up with the basic knowledge of fertz, ph and expected growth patterns. In hydro you can fix problems more quickly and have a less step learning curve IMO than soil.

Hydro, water + ferts + ph

Soil, fert, build soil, maintain soil, water, ph

I agree, I've been trying find a good 4 site hydro system with reservoir

The fastest, cheapest way to start with hydro is a DWC(Deep water cultivation) Bucket. All you need is a rubbermaid/tote (10-50L), 1 fish tank bubbler (with 2 ports), 2inch circular drill bit (The round cheap ones you can find for about 5-10$) some 2 inch net pots, hydroton pebbles or gravel or rockwool, some ferts(A whole line grow, micro and flower), some ph down/up , and some plants.

I've used a 2 inch netpot system to grow 7 foot tall plants. The bigger net pots have their benefits, but the 2 inchers work just fine and are less expensive to instal. Let us know what you come up with!

Back
Top Bottom