Hello from North East PA

Ceese1

420 Member
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but have been creeping on others for years.

I started smoking almost 25 years ago but, after having moved for work a few years ago, i've taken a forced break due to not knowing anyone other than my coworkers (and i'm not trying to get fired after moving the whole family). I had a few trusted friends that "knew where to find things" back home but i don't get out much to mingle being the bread winner in a one income family (my wife cannot work) with 2 small kids at home.

We live in North Eastern PA in a quiet little town. My wife was recently approved for the medical program in PA due to a cronic pain issue but paying retail prices for what my wife has been prescribed won't be possible. Until prices come down she is rationing herself and i refuse to take any of her meds to make sure she has what she needs.

Personally i look forward to the end of prohibition but in the short term i am learning everything i can about growing hoping that soon PA medical patients will be able to grow their own (currently still illegal). I want to be able to provide her with her meds and give her relief from her pain.

I thought about starting a "less than legal" grow as i believe that is the lesser of 2 evils (the other is watching her be in pain) but she could lose her medical card if there were a problem. She would rather suffer than risk it as cannabis has been the only thing to truely give her relief.

Thanks to anyone fighting for patients rights out there. You are making a difference in people's lives. My wife would probably be hooked on pills if not for you. Also thanks to anyone fighting for recreational legalisation. Now that my wife has some relief, i look forward to not feeling like a criminal for enjoying a plant myself someday.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far, drop me a line and say hi. Best wishes to all, i hope you are well.

Ceese1

Yeah man i feel u pain my son has sezures n he disabled but hopfully things change for the best so ppl can recive there meds but here there is tons of helpfull info here

Thanks for the concern and the well wishes. If it were up to me we'd be growing already but its her medical card so i leave the decision up to her.

I beleve rec will be legal in PA soon with Jersey and Ohio pushing for it. PA politicians wont want to see those tax dollars go over the boarders. My concern is that there is no news about home cultivation and i have yet to hear any politicians talking about it. Even the PA Norml site has no mention of it.

If anyone has heard anything about it or if any of you activists have any inside info, please pass it this way. Otherwise i'll be (not so) patiently waiting and trying to talk my wife into several hundred dollars of equiptment to start practicing on tomatoes.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom