Hello new friends!

RainStacks

I am so glad that I found this site, and the community here. I have been made to feel so welcome by everyone I have interacted with on 420. I found this site by chance just trying searching the internet and learn more about growing. I had no intention of joining a site, let alone starting my own journal, but everything I have seen on here has inspired me!

I live in Southern California. I am an avid lover of the outdoors. I enjoy surfing, rock climbing, and gardening. I played poker professionally while in college (mostly online). I now work in sales and am also an inventor. Within the last year I have gotten really into vermiculture, and have even come up with a couple of my own techniques for feeding my worms. If anyone has any questions about this, I am more than happy to help in any way I can.

My goal here is to learn how to grow the healthiest, and tastiest plants possible(cannabis and veggies), and to make some friends along the way too. My greatest success so far in gardening was a single Roma tomato plant which grew over 7 feet/2 meters and produced well over 200 tomatoes. Our garden soil was pretty much straight clay and had a severe calcium deficiency. We amended the soil with our own compost(mostly comprised of kitchen scraps and avocado leaves and parts) and worm castings.

I recently started my first journal. I am growing a very interesting strain which has mutant webbed leaves; thanks to members here I speculate that it is Blue Hawaiian crossed with Duck's foot. If anyone wants to check it out or comment please feel free to stop by, and say hi on my journal page any time.

Thank you for reading,

RainStacks:surf:

Welcome Sir. Ive seen you posting around. Im glad to see youve found this great place. ;)
I was neve a pro but Ive played a ton of poker myself. Mostly live but ive binked a few micro tournys :) You fill find tons of information here but most importantly, every I have seen is more than welcome to answer any Q's you may have. There is no secret formula here. :)

Welcome Sir. Ive seen you posting around. Im glad to see youve found this great place. ;)
I was neve a pro but Ive played a ton of poker myself. Mostly live but ive binked a few micro tournys :) You fill find tons of information here but most importantly, every I have seen is more than welcome to answer any Q's you may have. There is no secret formula here. :)

Thank you Spimp! That is way cool that you won some tourneys. So fun to win em. I once won 3 in one weekend. I can't wait for it to be legal here again. I sure won't be working a 9-5 that's for sure. I have seen you around too. I like your location.
:thumb:

Thank you Spimp! That is way cool that you won some tourneys. So fun to win em. I once won 3 in one weekend. I can't wait for it to be legal here again. I sure won't be working a 9-5 that's for sure. I have seen you around too. I like your location.
:thumb:

My craziest session was a $3 mtt 2500 entries that took 17 hours to win, after 10hrs and in the money i started another. I won the first for$1800 then 5 hours after finished the other 4th for $600. 23 hrs straight. It took me a week to recover! :rofl: Ya when black friday hit it was the worst time because I was finally consitantly winning. Now Im just a poor hourly worker grinding life :rofl:

My craziest session was a $3 mtt 2500 entries that took 17 hours to win, after 10hrs and in the money i started another. I won the first for$1800 then 5 hours after finished the other 4th for $600. 23 hrs straight. It took me a week to recover! :rofl: Ya when black friday hit it was the worst time because I was finally consitantly winning. Now Im just a poor hourly worker grinding life :rofl:

Spimp, that is awesome! 17 hours is insane!! What a marathon. I won one that took 13 once and that was torture. I can't believe you played 23 hours straight. I could not do that. Not even when I was a teen. I was omw to vegas when black friday hit. I was a part of team pocarr and was playing the best poker of my life. Oh well. When it becomes legal I will join again. You should too, you would love it. Keep in touch. Maybe we should chat via PM since we are so so far off topic now ha ha. ttyl buddy. :high-five:

Hi Rain Stacks,

Just wanted to add my voice to welcoming! Like Spimp, I've seen a few of your posts here and there and really appreciate your interest and participation. Awesome story about the Tomoto plant - Wow!

I'll drop in on your journal and follow along if you don't mind. Sounds like a really interesting plant.

Be well and happy growing!

Hi Rain Stacks,

Just wanted to add my voice to welcoming! Like Spimp, I've seen a few of your posts here and there and really appreciate your interest and participation. Awesome story about the Tomoto plant - Wow!

I'll drop in on your journal and follow along if you don't mind. Sounds like a really interesting plant.

Be well and happy growing!

Thank you so so much TanR! I truly appreciate you taking the time to say hi. You are of course more than welcome to join my humble journal! I am really enjoying becoming a part of the community here. It is amazing to see so many kind and generous people like you. Usually with anonimity on the internet (or when I am on Xbox) people are quite awful. It was quite amazing watching that tomato plant grow. It was tiny for the longest time, months maybe; then it just exploded with growth and flowers. it was interesting to see the weight of all the fruit and foliage pull down the whole plant. We tried our darndest to tie it up with the green gardening tape, but it was just too heavy. I will see if I can dig up a good pic. I think the best one I have the plant is about 6.5' tall. Oh and one other thing please feel free to give me any feedback or criticism about my grow. I have no experience with cannabis, so even if you think something looks good, but could be better please feel free to say so.
:blushsmile::surf:

Thank you so so much TanR! I truly appreciate you taking the time to say hi. You are of course more than welcome to join my humble journal! I am really enjoying becoming a part of the community here. It is amazing to see so many kind and generous people like you. Usually with anonimity on the internet (or when I am on Xbox) people are quite awful. It was quite amazing watching that tomato plant grow. It was tiny for the longest time, months maybe; then it just exploded with growth and flowers. it was interesting to see the weight of all the fruit and foliage pull down the whole plant. We tried our darndest to tie it up with the green gardening tape, but it was just too heavy. I will see if I can dig up a good pic. I think the best one I have the plant is about 6.5' tall. Oh and one other thing please feel free to give me any feedback or criticism about my grow. I have no experience with cannabis, so even if you think something looks good, but could be better please feel free to say so.
:blushsmile::surf:

Rain Stacks - could not begin to agree with you more on how unusual and welcome it is to find an online forum where people are respectful, generous, and dare I say kind, to one another. It has become a truly joyful part of my day to spend a little time on this site and witness people being decent to other people. I work in a very competitive, frequently high pressure, often cut throat industry and this site is like a little corner of heaven for me to enjoy people acting humanely to one another.

Rain Stacks - could not begin to agree with you more on how unusual and welcome it is to find an online forum where people are respectful, generous, and dare I say kind, to one another. It has become a truly joyful part of my day to spend a little time on this site and witness people being decent to other people. I work in a very competitive, frequently high pressure, often cut throat industry and this site is like a little corner of heaven for me to enjoy people acting humanely to one another.

+reps sir.

My thoughts exactly. I work as a Chef and that is a high stress job. This place makes us all equal andabout the joy and beauty of a natural rememdy. :)

+reps sir.

My thoughts exactly. I work as a Chef and that is a high stress job. This place makes us all equal andabout the joy and beauty of a natural rememdy. :)

That is so cool that you are a Chef wow! I have always wanted to get some professional training. What type of cutthroat stuff do you see regularly? I am an avid home cook. I love the master chef show btw. I can cook a perfect eggs benedict ever time, I was surprised in a recent episode all the contestants screwed it up except one! I am a very slow cook, but I enjoy the process just as much as the eating. Recenlty we made spagetti squash with home made marinera sauce (included perennial basil and peppers from the garden). We also made jalepeno poppers. We are not too fancy, but it feels great to eat something that you have put love into, and of course the taste of fresh home grown naturally ripened fruits and veggie is the best! It is great being able to share my passion for growing here. I always thought I was a bit unusual in that I find plants and animals so utterly fascinating. I am so excited to have met a bunch more people just like me. Thank you for the repps! I am not exactly sure what they do, but I assume they add to that little green bar? I guess this makes ones opinions more valid to other users?

It sounds like you might have a sales or finance job! I have been in sales for some time now. Coming home to a loving home makes it all worth it. Taking care of my plants and sharing my passion with others is the most relaxing thing for me. Well that and...:tokin: which also leads to eating for me ha ha.

RainStacks What an incredibly prescient observation! I work in sales, within the finance industry. Up until a few years ago it was a really fun job, then the entire industry (and economy) blew completely up! A loving home environment is my sanctuary and motivation as well.

RainStacks What an incredibly prescient observation! I work in sales, within the finance industry. Up until a few years ago it was a really fun job, then the entire industry (and economy) blew completely up! A loving home environment is my sanctuary and motivation as well.

I worked a few different sales jobs, they are all very consuming. My dream is to someday have my own organic farm, complete with my own worm farm. For now my little patch of happiness in my humble abode will have to suffice :) I am sure millions would love to have my problems, so I'm not complaining one peep!

Back
Top Bottom