Hello Friends!

Caberg

420 Member
Hi folks. Brand new member here. I'm not much of a forum guy but kept coming back to this site from my google searches and like the vibe and love the content. So here I am.

Let's see, 40-something year old guy, married, school-age kids (yay remote learning!). Practicing attorney for the time being, but that's not where my passion lies. Still trying to figure out what life has in store for me, and it's not sitting behind a desk all day!

I've been using cannabis fairly regularly since my teens. I've done a few small indoor grows in the past few years (so happy it's finally legal in my state to do so), and am proud of the fact that with small exception I've only consumed my own cannabis for a few years now. I'm a light daily user. Usually either an edible (small, like 5mg) in the late afternoon, or maybe a puff or two an hour before bed.

Despite the long time using cannabis, I'm only recently discovering how beneficial it is for my well being. I was a heavy drinker for many many years (teens to late 30s), before quitting totally for almost 4 years, then returning to drinking during this pandemic thing (bad bad idea), and getting back on the wagon recently. Cannabis is hugely helpful to me in keeping my desire to drink in check, and really just overall maintaining a happy and content state of mind.

My current grow is approaching Week 4 in flowering stage (pic below). LSD strain from 420. I don't love the strain name, but do love this plant. Super easy to grow, small, big yield, nice hybrid mix. Growing in Fox Farm OF, under an LED with CFL's filling in the sides, and lightly using FF nutes. I should be harvesting around the end of October.

My current topic of interest is making oils. I have a method I've been using with decarbing in the oven, then infusing into coconut oil in the slow cooker, but I know I can improve. I am really interested in reading up more on SweetSue's methods, particularly the pressure cooking method with the Instant Pot, which is what I currently use but in the slow cook mode. I want to know if I can modify SweetSue's pressure cooking method to use fresh cut when I harvest at the end of October. I typically only save the best few buds for smoking (an ounce lasts me over a year at the rate I smoke), and the rest I like to put toward oil.

With a whole lot of cancer and other health issues (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's) in my family tree, I am getting much more interested in the medicinal uses of cannabis, beyond just the mental health benefits I have experienced.

Anyway, if you read this far, thank you, and I look forward to spending some more time here!

Welcome to the forum @Caberg :welcome:
Hi folks. Brand new member here. I'm not much of a forum guy but kept coming back to this site from my google searches and like the vibe and love the content. So here I am.

Let's see, 40-something year old guy, married, school-age kids (yay remote learning!). Practicing attorney for the time being, but that's not where my passion lies. Still trying to figure out what life has in store for me, and it's not sitting behind a desk all day!

I've been using cannabis fairly regularly since my teens. I've done a few small indoor grows in the past few years (so happy it's finally legal in my state to do so), and am proud of the fact that with small exception I've only consumed my own cannabis for a few years now. I'm a light daily user. Usually either an edible (small, like 5mg) in the late afternoon, or maybe a puff or two an hour before bed.

Despite the long time using cannabis, I'm only recently discovering how beneficial it is for my well being. I was a heavy drinker for many many years (teens to late 30s), before quitting totally for almost 4 years, then returning to drinking during this pandemic thing (bad bad idea), and getting back on the wagon recently. Cannabis is hugely helpful to me in keeping my desire to drink in check, and really just overall maintaining a happy and content state of mind.

My current grow is approaching Week 4 in flowering stage (pic below). LSD strain from 420. I don't love the strain name, but do love this plant. Super easy to grow, small, big yield, nice hybrid mix. Growing in Fox Farm OF, under an LED with CFL's filling in the sides, and lightly using FF nutes. I should be harvesting around the end of October.

My current topic of interest is making oils. I have a method I've been using with decarbing in the oven, then infusing into coconut oil in the slow cooker, but I know I can improve. I am really interested in reading up more on SweetSue's methods, particularly the pressure cooking method with the Instant Pot, which is what I currently use but in the slow cook mode. I want to know if I can modify SweetSue's pressure cooking method to use fresh cut when I harvest at the end of October. I typically only save the best few buds for smoking (an ounce lasts me over a year at the rate I smoke), and the rest I like to put toward oil.

With a whole lot of cancer and other health issues (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's) in my family tree, I am getting much more interested in the medicinal uses of cannabis, beyond just the mental health benefits I have experienced.

Anyway, if you read this far, thank you, and I look forward to spending some more time here!
I see you're used to writing briefs, and depositions :rofl::rofl:

Welcome @Caberg I used to drink like a fish as well. That was when i had a job that tested. Now that i don't, i find my cannabis consumption alleviates the desire as well. Self medicating. ;) With cannabis i am never hung over or blacked out or throwing up and low caloric impact, depending on type of edibles administered. Very nice grow you got there.

Back
Top Bottom