Hello to all

Here To Learn

I have been reading through your site for a while now and finally decided to join. I have not personally grown in almost ten years but have been helping friends here and there during those almost ten years. I have been slowly gathering the components to start a new grow and just got the initial, very basic setup complete. I hope to create a grow journal soon if the seeds will sprout (nine days in soil and still no seedlings to be seen).

I created a BHO extractor a few months ago to process some of my friends trim and found it to be a horrible product leading to headaches and burnt lungs/throat as such I have invested in some bubble bags made by a very helpful Santa Cruz company, the resulting hash is much nicer to smoke and does not come with the side effects.

I am a mmj patient and so is my wife. We both have to take very powerful medications and the wonderful medicinal plant has made a huge improvement in reducing our need to constantly pop pills.

I am glad to be a member here and look forward to passing my experiences on and continuing to learn from the wonderful community here.

Here To Learn,:welcome: Thank you joining 420, Helping Create Cannabis Awareness and now with YOUR help. I agree bubble hash is so much taster, smoother. 420 is happy to have you both MMJ card holders to share what this wonderful plant is able to do. Please continue to read and share more of your thoughts. We all will be looking forward to seeing both of you in the forums! Best regards. :roorrip: :peace:

Thank you to The Weed, cocoJoe and BtodaLew for the warm welcome.

BTW it has been quite some time since I have grown cannabis from seed does anyone know how long I should wait for the seedlings to appear before assuming that they failed to germinate? I planted three seeds and have been leaving the pots in the sun during the day and under 250 watt MH at night but at 10 days I still have not seen a seed coat or any cotyledons pop up. All of my friends grow from clone but I always liked the control given by growing from seed. Two of the seeds are from fairly new harvests but the third seed is one I got from an old timer from a seventies harvest.

Welcome to 420!
I hope you enjoy all of the great information this site has to offer.

As for the seedlings, I would say that 10 days is a little too long for seeds to sprout. A good way to ensure that your seeds will sprout is to germinate them before putting them into their soil or other medium. You can do this by scuffing fresh seeds up a little bit and putting them into a cup of water until they sink. After that put them in between two moist paper towels in a sealed ziplock bag. Place the bag in a dark warm place for a day or so and thn check their progress.

I have detailed instructions and pictures on my grow journal if you need some more information on propagation.

Again, welcome to 420magazine!

Thanks for the welcome Kwsmoke.

I am aware of the paper towel method and have used it before but after taking plant science classes am leery of using it again as the procedure is stressful to the plants. It does of course ensure that the seeds germinate so I am not saying that it is without merit.

I had forgotten to scarify the seeds and appreciate your bringing that up. I am going to wait two more days and if I do not see any seedlings I will scarify and plant more seeds. I have a decent amount as it is all bag seed and the only thing I am out is time if they do not germinate. After I get my grow cabinet dialed in I may buy some seeds from the cannabis dispensary I belong to in Oakland but for now I can experiment without the major cost of seeds.

Again thank you to all for the warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom