Hello to all!

:welcome:to the forum, Alvis...

Things have really changed in the past several years. There are a lot more folks out there hoping for some of your hard earned cash for everything from lights, to nutrients, and grow mediums. Poke around a bit, and ask away. When you start your grow, why not start a journal here so that we can follow along.

well first off,i am in canada,we are allowed 4 plants per residence.
so i am starting off with blueberry and gelato
i have heard that bb is a picky eater and gelato can be challenging
i plan to grow outdoors but will start in a 4x4 tent with 2x300w dual spectrum leds
should be enough i hope.....

i plan to grow outdoors but will start in a 4x4 tent with 2x300w dual spectrum leds

If you haven't purchased them yet, be careful and check the actual wattage pulled from the wall. Many manufacturers advertise an equivalency, or add up the maximum ratings of the LEDs used while driving them between 20% and 50% of that value. LED lighting, especially the low cost ones are very much a buyer beware item.

If you haven't purchased them yet, be careful and check the actual wattage pulled from the wall. Many manufacturers advertise an equivalency, or add up the maximum ratings of the LEDs used while driving them between 20% and 50% of that value. LED lighting, especially the low cost ones are very much a buyer beware item.
good to know!!
That's why I went HID instead $165. for a 1000 watt HPS...looking at the prices for LEDs OMFG!!! I'm not spending $750 bucks for lights o_O

And BTW Alvis :welcome: to:420:

That's why I went HID instead $165. for a 1000 watt HPS...looking at the prices for LEDs OMFG!!! I'm not spending $750 bucks for lights o_O

With lights, it's pay the man now, or pay the power company later. With HID, you also need to replace the bulbs every year or so. They're not cheap either. Depending on your power rates the break even point can be reached in as little as three years.

With lights, it's pay the man now, or pay the power company later. With HID, you also need to replace the bulbs every year or so. They're not cheap either. Depending on your power rates the break even point can be reached in as little as three years.
Yeah I was already using 858 watts of CFLs before the switch...I'm actually running cooler and using less energy with the one power converter...compared to 33 CFLs all starting at the same time :rofl:...and I got 3 more years on the bulb front
and yes they're expensive...initially :idea:

Welcome @Alvis Just a thought from a budget startup standpoint, I got 202w of fine quality LED's at the wall for 120 bucks. There are decent name brand quality LED's out there for cheap. I scored two what I seem to be quite adequate knockoffs for $11 a piece, right now they are nursing my second family very nicely!

There is evidence here and elsewhere showing you can get a good result (that's pretty relative right?) without high cost equipment. It might not be as big a harvest or as thorough a grow as pro grade but its still good. Really good from what I've seen documented. I sure as hell hope so because that's my high hope! :yahoo::passitleft:

P.S There's a good contest going on on lights right now from Mars Hydro they are giving away a nice new model! You can get to it from the contest page link or from my shameless plea for votes linked in my sig below, I think I have a good entry!

You can't not have fun here OMG this site is full of awesomeness knowledge and amazing communicating! Luck on your grow, Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom