Help, 3 weeks old, Stunned Growth, Drooping Leaves

TheRealist99

Hello, I'm new to indoor growing and need some advice. My 3 week old plant has stopped growing and is drooping. It hasn't shown any new growth in over a week. The PH is fine 6.5-7.0. Was using Enriched Miracle grow soil until today, i transplanted to ProMix HP. I may have over-watered but i'm not completely sure. The bottom leaves are starting to turn yellow. It's on a 18/6 hour light cycle under 400w MH. Also I had already waited 2 days for my soil to dry before i decided to transplant and i didn't see any sign of the plant recovering, that's actually why i decided to transplant. I also always leave my water sitting out uncovered for 24-48 hours to rid itself of any chlorine etc. Also when i transplanted into the Pro Mix HP the roots were what seemed to be gathering on the bottom and growing from the bottom towards the top on the sides of the pot, not in the soil. And also the "knot" was fairly tight. Is all that normal? Or is that a sign that the roots are not getting enough oxygen? Or could it be something like "rootbound"? I thought it seemed weird. Another question i have is in other forums on this website i read that when your leaves start to yellow especially from the bottom up, that usually it means i have some sort of nutrient deficiency. Possibly not enough nitrogen maybe? Any thoughts on that? Any advice or suggestions would help..

If you have a tight root ball it may have the start of rootbinding..
When you transplant you want to put it into a good soil and an adequate sized pot - or if the plant gets big it may have trouble. Always break apart the base of the roots of he plant before its re potted so they can stretch out into the new soil, water in and just go from there.. The droopy leaves usually goes along with Over-watering, So youre on the right path - But if its stunted and and drooping the transplant Idea may solve the issue.. Unless thers Defic. or lockout etc; Try load a pic mate! MY PH is about 6.8 and I use organic soil and nutes, under my 400w MH. My last girl gave me over 16.5 Oz dry - and was a smaller of my plants.
The yellowing , from the bottom fan leaves slowly working up sounds perectly normal to me - as my girl ATM is starting to kill off the lower leaves and drain the nutes from them thats why they yellow. If theyre yellowing up top like my poor girl is starting to do a bit, then you may have something to check on ok! Hope you sort it out.. Take it easy, Smokemup

Id say your plant was rootbound thankfully you have transplanted when you did. Were you fertilizing before the transplant ? any deficiency it had before transplant should be ok for a while now your in new soil. Id pull the lights back a touch, watch, and let her settle in for a day or two.

Thanks for your advise guys. My plant is just now starting to come back around to the healthy side. The leaves are starting to pick back up and pointing towards the sky! I hope it keeps getting better because i'm starving it of water at the moment. It was definitely over-watering from what i can tell. Maybe a slight nutrient deficiency as well because now the two bottom leaves are really yellow and dry and crumbling apart when i touch it. Anyway thanks for the help. I have attached pictures. ( I am open to suggestions if anyone has any).
Superbud_plant_coming_back_to_life_on_May_5_2013.JPG
After Not Watering
SuperBud_Stunned_Growth_April_27_2013.JPG
Over-watering? Droopy leaves and stunned growth

Back
Top Bottom