Help Female or Male?

Hi!!!
let me ask you something male flower grows in the same place as the females?

Just like in the diagram posted - yes.

image1549.jpg
image1548.jpg
image1547.jpg
image1544.jpg
image1541.jpg
image1545.jpg
image1542.jpg
image1546.jpg
image1543.jpg
image1540.jpg
image1539.jpg
image1538.jpg
image1537.jpg

Hi!!!
Some new pics, to see what you guys thinks.
I still dont see any white pistill neither a Male Preflower

How many CFL bulb do i really need for a 2 x 2 x 3 closet with 2 plants from seed?
Thanks

Hi!
The more the merrier! I use 4 Cfls on 1 plant but thats just me. You could grow with 2 cfls, it would be a very low yield but its possible, better off having like 4 or 6 cfls.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's a dude.
See how they form a grape-like bundle? those are the male flowers.

Telling males from females is actually really easy; under proper conditions you can tell in about 10-14 days into flowering. Females show sex earlier than male, they start as a single white hair (quite thicker than an actual hair, though) and they form first at the tips of the branches and main stem, the flowering then 'spreads' from the top down (the lower you go, the smaller the buds), this is where you want to look first, and plain eye is enough so no need of magnifiers.
Males are a little behind females when it comes to show sex (as far as I recall) and they grow as you can already see, small bundles of bud-killing pollen. So my advice is KILL THEM NOW, before they get a chance to open and kill your crop. A single male plant can pollinate thousands of plants so get rid of it because if the flowers open inside your room then the pollen may stay there and pollinate the next generation (this is a guess, as I am no botanist, and don't really know how long pollen lasts out in the open)

It's a shame you've lost all the time and effort in breeding males, but that's the risk you take when you don't use feminized seeds (and even then there's a very small chance of getting a male)
For your next try, cut a clipping of the plant as early as you feel comfortable doing it (i.e. when a cutting does not represent a significant percentage of the plant itself) and flower it somewhere else (after a short veg period to allow the cutting to grow roots and recover). This new plant will show you the sex of its parent so if this happens again you won't lose so much time, money and effort.

I'd recommend using feminized seeds for your next attempt, it's always better to eliminate as many variables as possible.

Good luck and sorry for your loss.

hey if there ALL males you could just grow them for seed lol other wise take them out, not dire, it takes 30-40 days befor they even open up just dont wait forever to cut them if you want to keep the air clean : /

hey if there ALL males you could just grow them for seed lol other wise take them out, not dire, it takes 30-40 days befor they even open up just dont wait forever to cut them if you want to keep the air clean : /

You still need at least one female to make seeds, unless you get a hermie in there somewhere. Still, I've heard that males are usable for cooking, but I don't really know so don't trust me on this one.

Like jlt said, keep them for a while if you want but don't wait too long.

Back
Top Bottom