Help first timer

It is not going to cost you anything to just leave it alone and watch it for a day. You have done everything you can with what you have to work with, so if Mother Nature wants it to survive it will.

If you sprayed it and covered it you should have moisture on the INSIDE of your glass, jar or what ever you are using, then just leave it alone. If you continually take the cover off you're defeating the purpose, don't take the it off more than 3 times a day, that's why a clear cover is best.

You can kill them with kindness.....I know this for a fact :)

Whoops, I was slow on the draw here, I didn't realize there were several post between where I left off and this post.

Thanks for all the help guys I'm going to let mother nature do her part.
Yeah the $1.5k is true ,it's imported from Canada, so duty and other shit costs a ton.

It is not going to cost you anything to just leave it alone and watch it for a day. You have done everything you can with what you have to work with, so if Mother Nature wants it to survive it will.

If you sprayed it and covered it you should have moisture on the INSIDE of your glass, jar or what ever you are using, then just leave it alone. If you continually take the cover off you're defeating the purpose, don't take the it off more than 3 times a day, that's why a clear cover is best.

You can kill them with kindness.....I know this for a fact :)

Whoops, I was slow on the draw here, I didn't realize there were several post between where I left off and this post.

I've definitely killed a fair share of seedlings with kindness.

Update - broken top is still drooped, but green and not discolored. On the other hand the original stem shows no sign of growing new leaves

I believe strongly that failure is necessary to appreciate success.

1.5K$ wow. I thought 200$ was expensive for an ounce. :rofl:

!

I'm subbed here, but might be too late Also I second these statements :thumb:

Wasted many seeds so I guess I can appreciate the healthy plants I have left. Weed is a delicacy over here ranging from $600 per ounce for the shwag and upto $1500 for kush, where as Hashish is $50 for 50 grams.

Update - broken top is still drooped, but green and not discolored. On the other hand the original stem shows no sign of growing new leaves

If it were me, I'd spray it down this morning and put the cover back on.You'll need some luck but what the heck, it doesn't cost anything to wait.

Beaver I sprayed it in the morning once and covered it back up. The stem is still green while the top leaves have started going towards black color. Original stem poking out like a green middle finger .

Beaver I sprayed it in the morning once and covered it back up. The stem is still green while the top leaves have started going towards black color. Original stem poking out like a green middle finger .

Not sounding good at all. Check it again tonight and if still no green in the leafs it's probably safe to say it's not gonna make it. We knew the odds weren't all that great to start with so you din't lose all that much and at least you tried.

Couldn't have tried without the help from you guys. Beaver can you also tell me what is the right time for transplanting thr seedling into a bigger clay pot . Thanks

Couldn't have tried without the help from you guys. Beaver can you also tell me what is the right time for transplanting thr seedling into a bigger clay pot . Thanks

Assuming you have them started in something like Solo Cup I wait a couple weeks and then gently tip it upside down and catch the dirt/root mass in your other hand and let it slide out just enough to be sure there are some nice roots present and if so keep going. I know you didn't ask and you probably know this already but I found this very useful to make me understand why not to over water a seedling....... they claim that the roots will stretch out (grow) and search for water which is why you don't want to water to heavily. If water is readily available they would have no reason to go searching for it.....for some reason that simple concept made everything click for me, and if anything I am too stingy with my water, but it seems to work. I also try to water around the outside of the pot (imagining the roots having to go get it :)
I have drowned several seeds my first go around, expensive mistake.......

My seedlings are in a big shallow plastic container. Can't really tip it over . Should I just grab the surrounding soil and pick it up ?

When did it sprout, and how tall is it? If not more than say 2-3 inches in diameter I would be tempted to take something like a soup can with top and bottom removed then gently put it around the seedling and twist while gently pushing down, get it down 3 inches or so and see if the soil sticks together, if not maybe you could maneuver a spatula or something under the can to hold the soil in as you lift it out.

I have not done this before so take it for what it's worth...

Thanks beaver, it sprouted around 18 days back. It has around 3 sets of leaves around 3-4 inches in diameter. Il try your suggestion in a couple of days, don't want to do it too early already lost one of them =(

Back
Top Bottom