I'm new at this please help

Beautiful plant, frosty!
Thanx Marz...back when I started I didn't use feminized or autos, cuz I thought that I couldn't get a true "female" without trial and error...well long story short I had a female GDP and an apparent male Liberty Haze together in a closet...I have a shit ton of beans for that strain though :p ...and I also get a 3 out of 5 ratio for female to male when sexed :cool:

I' tell ya what...I'm in my 50s now and old school...and I have noticed a thinning of skin in the younger generations (not applicable to every body)...To hell with hurting feelings, if someone can't take constructive criticism/advice well shit, I guess they don't wana learn nothing...I've been doing this awhile now and still learn something...well...almost everyday.......I could go on and on like an energizer bunny but I won't.......
To the OPs seeking advice, look at what the person has done who's giving said advice and decide if they are worth listening to...peace and chill...BTW love your brain Emilya...:adore:

This particular issue...goes back years with Emmy and I.

See there was a time where we were tag team partners on here. Spewing near identical lore about draught training and over watering every so often. She followed me closely until this issue which we never agreed on slammed into a brick wall in my journal. Literally overnight she stopped what was a regular thing between us...over this issue and her in ability to accept variation in nature.

I said many times... "I never do this" but because I was doing a grow for yall I went ahead and did a few things the 420mag way...like starting a seed in a starting pot. I almost never do that anymore. After I got into breeding that sort of stopped. Part of breeding is looking at how well they grow unimpeeded... as repotting is a controlled thing. I know what repotting does to a good rootball. I am looking for what the natural plant does. If they are fresh and mature they darn near always come right up. If not I did something wrong.

Anyway I started seeds for my journal here and they, as usual, were blowing up fast. Before 2 weeks they were dropping from being root bound.

And as soon as that happened she stopped talking to me period. From boosum buddies overnight she felt like I had proved her wrong so rejected my grow and method completely. I don't care personally but she has been on a savage hunt to convince people that planting in a 5 gallon pot and letting it go unimpeeded is crazy ever since.

Those root bound plants overnight stood up after being repotted. At about day... 42 I pulled the males and they had filled out the 5 gallon pots nicely. About a gallon a week growth there...except the first 2 were in that small pot...so in about 3 weeks I filled out that 5 gallons not transplanting. If you draught stress and let them thrive there is no need for repotting ... and they would have been much happier to have just been planted once.

(Notice the difference in root structure in the compost layer)

When I was growing professionally I did things a bit different. But you learn that large pots makes things much easier...so long as you know what you are doing. You just need a good form of medium and control. The larger the pot the bigger an issue it is to be off. That is all. It may not be the best way for some but it isnt a bad thing. You just need to be more accurate on 20 gallon pot than 1 gallon pot. 5 gallons are still in the realm of beginner safe. Growing in soil propperly in general is beginner safe.

The actual problem is the propoganda convinces everyone they need to feed veg nutes.

If people built correct soils and watered correctly they can be in any pot they want. There is no adjusting. You can water every 2 weeks in the beginning like I do.

No reasonably potted cannabis plant NEEDS veg nutes in soil. If it is potted correctly and moderately watered infrequently you are good to go...in any size pot. It is simply a matter of rudimentary soil skills.

That one is one of my favorites...cracked me up...fruit loops I say blooming in solo cups...I really enjoyed that one but was too late myself to partake. A fruit loop I am for sure. But I was inspired by that to many ideas about group grows on here by what happened there.

And as soon as that happened she stopped talking to me period. From boosum buddies overnight she felt like I had proved her wrong so rejected my grow and method completely.
You totally misread the situation my friend. You are still my buddy and the only reason I backed off is not because I feel you were right and I was wrong, but some people, you included, simply will not allow themselves to lose an argument. They will go on and on and on, totally jacking threads that were started in order to help someone, and which devolve into a long discussion between two advanced growers who is right and who is wrong.
It simply is not worth it to me to win these arguments... I am comfortable in what I advise and I will continue to do it. If someone insists on arguing with me, especially the OP, I generally will exit the thread and wish them luck. When someone jacks a thread so as to argue with me, like in this one, I also back away...
If you wish to argue points with me, please come to my journals and tutorials where I discuss these things freely, and actually invite your comments and questions. Rarely however do my discentors choose this method... they instead prefer the public spotlight for their exhortations, and where their comments and protestations may be lost in the shuffle of 150,000 registered members leaving 3,636,666 messages. You @VilliageIdiot , are always welcome on my threads. :peace:

I know I'm not very active now, I should get a journal up 1 day soon. I don't come to 420 to get my ego stroked or argue with anyone. This plant is my life, it has helped me, my family n my dearest friends in unimaginable ways. I come here to talk with like minded people, learn from others n try to help where I can. After getting the Bud Factory fired up it has allowed me to eat daily, own more than 1 pair of boots, give my kids things I never had. I've actually been very successful in this industry, had a few dispensaries begging for me to grow product for them....I know a lil something about cultivating and no I'm never offended if someone doesn't agree with my madness. You tell people you initially plant in final container, dont ph n suddenly your a troll spreading shitty info! Cant even reason or get them to take a minute n hear a guy out. But to be bashed n belittled multiple times n people telling me flat out I'm wrong it put a bad taste in my mouth. Unfortunately right now im part of the issue on this thread with someone new asking for a simple question and it gets blown up into a argument instead of some input to help a newb out. Anymore most of my convos on 420 are usually done privately now with a few of the old schoolers on here.

some people, you included, simply will not allow themselves to lose an argument
They will go on and on and on
I think psychiatrists call this projection...

Not sure why this thread got scrubbed...including my posts. I'm with @Marzbadrock @VilliageIdiot and the rest that commented in this conversation. Members come here for their own reasons, so don't assume they only want to hear what you believe. Some people aren't afraid to fail, learn, explore. The greatest chefs/musicians/writers in the world constantly strive to learn new things to become better and, yes, they often fail. Few of the best curl up in the warmth of their one safe routine.

:peace:

*re-clicks ignore button*

Well here is some more fuel for the fire !! the first ever cannabis plant was grown outside by mother nature , some times it rained for 3 days straight and sometimes not for 2 weeks and yet it managed to proliferate itself all over the world and I guarantee mother nature sure as hell didn't up pot .the key is to read the small signals your plant is trying to tell you and yes I said plant as each and every plant requires different needs and being a auto or any type doesn't change these rules.the secret is learning its language of what its telling you , by the time the roots were black I guarantee the leaves were already showing small signs of a problem long before ,therefore you missed your window of opportunity to help it with its struggle to survive . Can you learn how to speak French over night ,well how are you to learn about growing (any type of plant ) over night it takes learning and practice, trial and error ,that is the fun of growing ,the learning part , if all you want is a green plant then go buy one and save yourself the fun. To say I have never lost a plant and never will by my methods is total BULLSHIT, we were all noobies at one point !! So do we up pot in dwc do we up pot in coco do we up pot in aeroponic - no - we read what the plant is telling us what it needs are , more water , less nutes , what ever - so up potting is bullshit !!

This got scrubed at emmy's request. Someone reported me and had me scrubed. When Teddy told me I was scrubbed I explained maybe you ought to read the thread. The violations from emmy were still there. He probably went back through the whole thread then. I explained that emmy requested many times that Teddy be involved now. She thinks it takes more than 10 people telling her at once...also a moderator and a school bus driver. He wanted me to forward the messages she is sending me ... which I won't do. I dont report people here. I am not a snitch.

You have it backwards sir. For years we keep our mouths shut because we don't actually care about the bad ones...we just all quit and leave. She is not our wife... we don't have to put up with her nonsense.

None of the good people who have left do so because of the newbs or trolls. The good growers all have left because of the same reason I am leaving. It isn't emmy's fault...dont think I blame her for my interest in this place dropping to nothing.

But the people who prevent discourse ... prevent it. And she points the finger projecting her issues onto others everytime. I only started acting like her recently to see if she was swift enough to see it.

Those haters can keep slamming my inbox with postings cleary violating site policy till the server breaks. It entertains me and will be that last few smiles I get off this place.

Yesterday ... oh so rich this 1 guy accuse my live "how to" journal that explains in detail each step as a fake lie...even though it was run live here strictly to help a few key member showing step bybstep how to build an organic garden from scratch from the ground up with many watching. This guy claims I must run live video feed of my grows because what I show is just unatural... plants just don't grow that fast. (Funny also as I had never grown that way before. I specifically had chosen a method I hadn't used before as I am constant changing and I wanted to use somone else's technique there. I went online and found the best organic method and used that one. Not my method.)

So I need to run live video feed? How about send me a camera and get me a decent internet plan? In the stix we pay per the bit. But if you want to pay for my internet and send me a wifi video camera I will see what I can do...but it won't be on this website obviously...no live video here.

Anyway...in my time here not one of my questions got answered. Not one...

Good luck on your grows.

Na ya just dont get it...they don't bother me...they are entertaining. It is ego boosting to have people actually troll your personal in box. Saying things like my documented process can't be done.

Ignore button doesn't impact the actual issue.

For example a few days ago a guy posts a pick of plants with multiple issues. On is it clearly needs to be repotted as it is root bound.

I explain a few things.

A few hours later she gets on and says Do not repot without evidence it needs it. And a bunch of other stuff contradictory to the evidence he provided. She goes on and on says don't do this don't do that for things that obviously need to be done.

I am not hear to argue. She spent 4 hours explaining to me this place is only for arguing and if you dont have a good ARGUMENT you shouldn't post.

Going so far as to demanding say she can post any opinion she wants and I must not post at all anymore.

This is my last public post. I really don't care. I am outta here.

The lorax can be found...with a snail in a pail you to could get a tale...but you'll have to find me.

Back
Top Bottom