Help! Healthy looking plant - Red Stems?

Imsy

Good Day To You All!
I am looking for a little bit of help!! I have been vegging a healthy female (or so I thought) for two months now. Ever since I have been growing her, her main stem has had a nice color green all along, but branching off of the healthy-looking green stem my stems to the leaves have all had a purple and or reddish color to them. I am growing in soil and I'm using 2 40 watt fluorescent bulbs Philips plant Spectrum and then 8 6000k CFL 24 Watt bulbs. I had been using a nutrient given to me by a fellow I have recently ran out. I have not been using any fertilizer or much of any nutrients at all.
SOOOO....My problem being, I'm not sure what type of DEFIECIENCY this could be. I'm not anothing g close to being.g a PRO, in fact I am quite an amateur, but I have read TONS of write ups online and IMO, I WAS THINKING CAL-MAG DEFIECIENCY????

PLEASE let me know if anyone can inform me as to what they think it could be?
I REALLY want to put her to flower on January 1st, but want to clear up any deficiency I'm able to, before then.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
MUCH LOVE TO FELLOW 420'ers
This site has been nothing but gracious to me and I'm thankful there's so many people that love to help us AMATEURS!:420:
:Namaste:

Good Day To You All!
I am looking for a little bit of help!! I have been vegging a healthy female (or so I thought) for two months now. Ever since I have been growing her, her main stem has had a nice color green all along, but branching off of the healthy-looking green stem my stems to the leaves have all had a purple and or reddish color to them. I am growing in soil and I'm using 2 40 watt fluorescent bulbs Philips plant Spectrum and then 8 6000k CFL 24 Watt bulbs. I had been using a nutrient given to me by a fellow I have recently ran out. I have not been using any fertilizer or much of any nutrients at all.
SOOOO....My problem being, I'm not sure what type of DEFIECIENCY this could be. I'm not anothing g close to being.g a PRO, in fact I am quite an amateur, but I have read TONS of write ups online and IMO, I WAS THINKING CAL-MAG DEFIECIENCY????

PLEASE let me know if anyone can inform me as to what they think it could be?
I REALLY want to put her to flower on January 1st, but want to clear up any deficiency I'm able to, before then.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
MUCH LOVE TO FELLOW 420'ers
This site has been nothing but gracious to me and I'm thankful there's so many people that love to help us AMATEURS!:420:
:Namaste:
What strain are you growing? Can u upload pictures?

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

I BELIEVE it's a bag seed from supposed NORTHERN LIGHT.
And I'll get pics up right now.
Give me a few moments and I'll be right back with pics!!

20161211_194252.jpg
20161211_194051.jpg
20161211_194306.jpg
1481502857878-974641830.jpg

The underside of the leaves are more prominent red/purple....
what could her problem be...she's showing me SOMETHING..?

The underside of the leaves are more prominent red/purple....
what could her problem be...she's showing me SOMETHING..?
Check your temperature while lights are off and on. They might be getting cold. Let me see if I can find the link for cold and plant changing color. Also could be strain related.

Check your temperature while lights are off and on. They might be getting cold. Let me see if I can find the link for cold and plant changing color. Also could be strain related.

I have been running 24hr light.
I started with 24 so I stayed 24.
My 4x4 tent is at 75.6°F right now, but I have came home from work and have seen it at 83.7°F (which I personally thought was way too hot)
But I'm usually between 75°-81°
75 being night and 81 during day!
I have looked at a few pictures of "NL" strains and it looks like the majority of the pics have red/purple-Ish stems to them. So maybe it actually IS NL strain genetics?

PH runoff is 6.1
My water is PH 8.1, Should I be using ph down (to 6.0-6.5) before I add any nutes?
Or should I add my nutes (which brings PH down) to my water (8.1) until I reach 6.0-6.5?

I always use Fresh squeezed lemon juice to bring PH down from 8.1, to 6.3.

PH runoff is 6.1
My water is PH 8.1, Should I be using ph down (to 6.0-6.5) before I add any nutes?
Or should I add my nutes (which brings PH down) to my water (8.1) until I reach 6.0-6.5?

I always use Fresh squeezed lemon juice to bring PH down from 8.1, to 6.3.

Add Nutes then adjust ph.

Lemon and lime juice is great but it does oxidize quickly causing the PH to rise again.
The red is normal. All my plants have reds and purples.
Your ph for soil should be 6.5-7. No higher than 7.
Like the Germinator said Nutes first then adjust.
Colour change and colder weather go hand in hand. You can use this to your advantage the last few weeks of flower.
Looking good. Get some PH up and down. It's more stable than lemon (down) or Baking soda (up)
Looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom