Help! Lights left on 5 extra hours during flower - What to do?

Happyjoy

hey there everyone.
ive got a quesiton.
im about 3 weeks into 12/12.
my timer broke on me without me noticing, and the lights stayed on 5 hours longer than they should have.
in other words, theyve been going on at: 7PM, and off at 7AM.
this morning at 11AM, i noticed theyre still on. i checked my timer, and sure enough the little switches that are supposed to shut off the timer dont click it off anymore.

i put on a new timer, and immediately shut off the light.
what should i do now?

should i have the lights just go back on at 7PM as usual? (if i do that, then theyll have a really short dark period today)

should i have left the on to continue being on, up till 7AM the next morning? (so ill know for the future)

the problem is, that this happened just a week ago.
the lighting schedule used to be off at 6PM, on at 6am.
the first time the timer malfunctioned a week ago (i thought i accidently hit the switch to passive, which is why i didnt get a new timer then), the light had stayed on after 6pm instead of turning off. so i had let the lights just stay on all the way till the morning 7am,and then off. thus switching the schedule to the way its set now. i wanted to switch them anyways to run at night, and off during day.

but i dont wanna change the whole schedule again, which is why i turned them off, and hopefully it will be lease stress to just have them return to the same schedule, but suffer one night of a shorter off schedule....

what would have been the best thing to do?

Just stay on the light schedule u have. And hope for the best and ad 3 weeks in it could make them herm on you but I would just see and wait. It has happens to me to ... My timer has soft touch buttons and is easily trippy to a Continu so I have walkt in a groom that should have been lights out but than in the last week but nothing hermt on me so if it is been to bad it wont be a big problem

Just stay on the light schedule u have. And hope for the best and ad 3 weeks in it could make them herm on you but I would just see and wait. It has happens to me to ... My timer has soft touch buttons and is easily trippy to a Continu so I have walkt in a groom that should have been lights out but than in the last week but nothing hermt on me so if it is been to bad it wont be a big problem

thnks for the advice.
what dyou mean by 'continue with current schedule?'
as in, that it was good, that i turned the lights back off to the way it should be, and let it resume at normal schedule?

btw, i know this is off topic to this post, but i noticed that ur first grow was with led/hps mixed. i made a diferent thread here on 420 about advice for upgrading my current lights. and i was considering adding an hps, or getting another led. im interested on your experience on that. its best that you respond to that thread instead of making this thread two topics.
heres the link: Help upgrade my lighting - Advice - LED with HPS hybrid idea

Back
Top Bottom