Help make my grow room better

paddy420

FYXO7MVS4I.jpg

Here is a old pic of the intake setup. Now I have an ac unit there too, when the ac comes on the smelly air gets pushed out the intake. I can't close the window outside because its boarded up. Is there a one way intake sort of deal?

If that duct is intake only I think its fine. The only thing I'd be concerned with is light, and sound leaking out, Looks like u have the light part taken care of.

Why is it that the smelly air is pushed out when the AC is on? R U sayin it only exhausts old air when the AC is running? I'm a bit confused about your setup and question. R u doin intake and exhaust thru the same duct? Clarify these things 4 me and I'd be happy to help.

Yes...I too am unclear...My exhaust is also near the top of my room where the heat is...I would hate to be exhausting my precious cool air at the bottom.

FYXO7MVS4I.jpg

Here is a old pic of the intake setup. Now I have an ac unit there too, when the ac comes on the smelly air gets pushed out the intake. ?

Pay close attention to the post (i'm not stoned yet so its easy to see). Old pic b4 ac was installed.

To answer the last original question- intake and exhaust ducts should be dedicated accordingly. Intake should only bring air in and exhaust should only push it out. Not both functions in the same duct.

That is a pic of the intake. The exhust is in the top of the box and goes into the attic. I have an ac unit non window type and have a 6" duckting into my grow room. Now the problem is when the a.c. kicks on when the lights are off and the exhust is off the ac pushes the stinky grow room air out the intake. If I leave the exhust fan on it all ok but then I have warm air from outside coming in the grow room also. I will take more pics soon to help out, thanks for looking.

Now the problem is when the a.c. kicks on when the lights are off and the exhust is off the ac pushes the stinky grow room air out the intake. If I leave the exhust fan on it all ok but then I have warm air from outside coming in the grow room also.

May I suggest running separate exhaust lines to the same area (stinky air goes) to circumvent this problem. Ur grow room exhaust shoud stay on once buds start to develop. Leave that fan on 24/7 until harvest, that'll take care of the stinky smell (if U have a filter/scrubber inline). Look at my ducting and ventilation pics in my 1st post in my grow journal. I also suggest leaving the intake fan on as well or set it at regular intervals to keep fresh air comin in. I think I understand what ur saying. Hope this helps.

Install a damper in the intake line, you can find them at most hardware stores. The flap in side the duct is weighted slightly, so you need to make sure it is installed the right way up. also in the right direction of airflow.

The picture at the top should help.:smokin:

yes, a dampner is what would be used. i would recommend a "butterfly dampner, not the other kind. i doubt there would be enough air movement to correctly use the weighted type.

i dont think home depot sells the correct one in a 6" only a 7"

Back
Top Bottom